Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
R
ris Offline
R
Originally Posted By: pinhead

2. Confidence/flirtiness. If a woman has that zing to her, it makes up a lot in the looks department. Confidence in a woman is very attractive.

Great list PH, thank you! Could you please explain this one more, confidence in particular. Does that mean having a good opinion about yourself or beyond that?

Also, I wanted to ask a question about confidence vs. openness. Sometimes they seem to go opposite ends, like if you're insecure about something. Being open will reveal the lack of confidence, but trying to be confident will prevent you from being open.

Accept that there is only one thing you can change in life and that is you

Me:26 H:26
My thread
F
F
Originally Posted By: Coach

Like to here more thoughts on what is attractive. I think the men here would like to her from the women and vice-versa.

Great post Coach - thanks for starting this. One item I find very attractive in my H is some perceptiveness. Not to the point where I expect him to read my mind. More his proactiveness to learn what helps me open up and share what's on my mind.

For example, there have been many times where I've really, really need to say something difficult to my H but I'm scared to - for whatever reason - scared he'll take offense, scared he'll dismiss my concern. So usually, I just bottled it up because I just didn't know how to start. Once though, my H looked at me and said: 'You've got that look on your face again; the one you get when you want to say something but can't - it's ok, talk to me.' That did it. The tears came, and then I finally blurted it out. The other thing he did that helped was simply to touch me, just gently on the arm or shoulder - and for just a moment. Same reaction in me. Tears then blurt.

It was like my H made a concerted effort on his own, to get to know what made me 'tick'. It made me feel very special, connected and accepted, and I therefore found it very attractive in him.

I cannot complain for not receiving from others, that which I've never asked them for.
R
ris Offline
R
I know this is going to sound old fashioned, but something that I think is very attractive in men (I suppose in women possibly as well) is high morals, being honorable, keeping promises, not lying.
Whenever I wonder what, besides being in love and the connection between us, made me decide to marry my H, I always think of these qualities, that he's a man of integrity and I admire it greatly.

Accept that there is only one thing you can change in life and that is you

Me:26 H:26
My thread
L
L
Originally Posted By: pinhead
What men find attractive:

1. Looks. You don't have to be a supermodel, but in reasonably good shape for your age, nicely dressed and groomed. We're all visual creatures, so sorry if that offends anyone.

W been doing #1 ever since I got the 'bomb', she'd done very little of this in the last 5 years since the girls were born. Understandable as full time sahm with twins, but NOW she decides to do this, and want's nothing to do with me, very frustrating and hurtful.

Me 44
H 39
Met in 1998
Married in 2004
D 5, twins
Bomb - May 16th, 2010

"Don't let Tomorrow or Yesterday get in the way of Today"
D
D
Quote:
Understandable as full time sahm with twins, but NOW she decides to do this, and want's nothing to do with me, very frustrating and hurtful.

let's take the focus off her and back on to YOU.
what are YOU working on to make YOU an attractive man?

R
R
This is my list of how to attract a female.

1) Start off by living a healthy lifestyle. Make healthy choices when eating. Drink plenty of water. Get good sleep. Exercise regularly. Take care of your body. Alcohol in moderation. Set a goal to reach, and then maintain, your ideal weight.

2) Make good grooming and hygiene a ritual. Accentuate the differences between the sexes.

3) Dress with style - fit, compliment, cohesive, unique, personal touch

4) Attitude (state of mind) – Happy (smile), Cool (Open and relaxed body language), Calm (slow), Confident (eye contact), humorous, seductive (ozz sex), Depth (mysterious, surprise ), Sincere , Interesting, Engaging

5) Awareness/Flirting ( 93% of communication is non verbal (body language) – study and enjoy what you find attractive and your body will naturally follow your thoughts. It is the ladies job to catch and hold a mans eye, several times if needed. This signals it is OK for him to approach. It is the mans job to approach the woman.

6) Social proof - Enjoy interacting with everyone, especially attractive members of the opposite sex. Maintain your personal boundaries with everyone.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
C
Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
It was like my H made a concerted effort on his own, to get to know what made me 'tick'. It made me feel very special, connected and accepted, and I therefore found it very attractive in him.

Make them feel important, you are aware of them, you see their wants and anticipate them. You "see" them. Creates the emotional connection.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
L
L
Originally Posted By: DumpedforMIL
Quote:
Understandable as full time sahm with twins, but NOW she decides to do this, and want's nothing to do with me, very frustrating and hurtful.

let's take the focus off her and back on to YOU.
what are YOU working on to make YOU an attractive man?

Well, I've done the same for my physical appearance. Since I work from home I would generally shower and throw on a t-shirt and shorts. I've since lost 28lbs, back to my weight when we first met. I did the hair cut, gel in the hair which loses a lot of the grey I picked up in the last 5 years. Always have some smell good on, etc. I got a TON of compliments at the trade show about how good I looked.

I still need to work on 'within', like the topic of this thread, confidence - the physical part was easy

Me 44
H 39
Met in 1998
Married in 2004
D 5, twins
Bomb - May 16th, 2010

D
D
Quote:
I still need to work on 'within', like the topic of this thread, confidence - the physical part was easy

it's a great start.
but i think the confidence is really preventing you from really shining.

it's like when bears smell fear. it doesn't matter if you hide your fears, it will still show. you have to truly believe that you are fearless .. and then the bear will back down.

changes to your outer appearance is a great start. now if we get that confidence shining through, you will be unstoppable and people are really going to notice.

and like pinhead said .. confidence makes up where one may be lacking in the looks department. i'm not saying this is your case, but confidence adds that je ne sais quoi .. smile

L
L
Originally Posted By: DumpedforMIL
Quote:

it's a great start.
but i think the confidence is really preventing you from really shining.

yes, it is. I know she can sense a lot of my 'fears'. This has just hit me to the core, never expected it. Even people we know that are aware of what is happening, are completely shocked, just because we'd always been so inseparable, had such a strong connection and relationship.

Me 44
H 39
Met in 1998
Married in 2004
D 5, twins
Bomb - May 16th, 2010

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard