Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#1779055 06/05/09 09:19 PM
OP Offline
Dear DB'ers,

We have recently updated our board rules by more clearly defining our policies concerning a few things. We'd like to remind everyone that use of these messageboards requires acceptance of the following terms and conditions:

- Participants shall not post any material that is likely to cause offense, is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right - or that contains personal contact information, phone numbers, email addresses, or any other addresses.
- Participants shall treat each other with respect, refraining from rudeness and foul language.
- Participants may not use the forums to post or transmit advertisements or commercial solicitations of any kind.
- The forum Administrators and Moderators have the right to edit, move, censor, delete or otherwise modify any posted message.
- This web site does not verify or guarantee the accuracy of the material posted to the forums or bear any responsibility for any loss, damage, or other liabilities caused by any posted message.

This is a public forum. Exchanging private contact information with other users is not allowed. Our purpose in making this messageboard available to you is to offer you a place to publicly give and receive DivorceBusting help, and to support one another in saving your marriages and keeping your families together. It was never our intention to provide a means of privately connecting with others via the internet. There are many other sites where that is encouraged. This is not one of them. We are here to help and support you via this public forum.

We welcome you and appreciate your cooperation in honoring these policies.

Michele Weiner-Davis
The Divorce Busting Center

Transform your marriage with a private 2-day intensive with Michele Weiner-Davis. http://www.themarriageintensive.com
Email michele@divorcebusting.com
Q
Q
I am new to writing on this website and not sure how to get started help?
quiet

quiet
quiet #2003031 05/14/10 03:57 PM
J
JCJ Offline
J
Hi quiet,

Go into the newcomers section, where you found this thread, and click 'new topic' on the top left and then right your story. You will find lots of help and support here.

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
JCJ #2040990 07/19/10 07:14 PM
R
R
Good guidelines for posting:
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
The best kinds of threads are:

1) Poster-specific. Your "home" thread. STICK TO IT, post to it regularly (even if you're not getting a lot of responses), as it's a good journal for yourself and it's therapeutic.

2) Topic-specific. You can OCCASIONALLY supplement your main thread with one that's topic-specific, such as "She's Back on The Pill -- Cause for Alarm??" or some such. The more provocative the title, the more response you'll probably get.

Keep your posts short to medium, use lots of paragraph breaks, and JUST KEEP POSTING. And post to others.

Hope that helps,

Puppy

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
R
R
Originally Posted By: Allen A
You really should get a VERY DETAILED signature so people can better help you. This forum is high traffic and we need to get summaries so we can help you quickly...

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
D
D
Is there a how to page around here for posting?

For example, in this quick reply, if I type too much, I can no longer see what I'm writing, is there a way around that?

Also, people make these nice short quote boxes, how is that done? When I try to quote, the whole thing gets copied and I then have to delete what I don't want. But others have them throughout their posts with nice replies after each quote.

Thanks for the help!

Me 48, H49, M24, S14, S11
DB #1 4/2002-8/2003
Bomb #2 August 2010 & he moved out
Living with OW
Dagny-2 #2066300 08/30/10 03:06 PM
V
V
When your post is bigger than the box you should be able to scroll though it, or use the scroll bar on the right of the post. I don't know that there is any way to make the actual box larger.

As far as quoting, it's a matter of typing [ quote] and [ /quote] (without the extra space after the first bracket, on either side of the quote you want. You can either copy in sections, or quote the whole thing, and add the tags to quote the different sections. the key is for every start quote, there is an end quote (the one with the /. Practice a bit, and you'll figure it out!

D
D
^

dbmod
This question is to the moderators.......

Sometimes I post needing some advice and comfort but my post or respond to someone does not show up for several days. I started a thread about 5 days ago and still don't see it. I don't get it.

BITS

D
D
Hi Adae,
There are no posts in cue at this time. I did 'bump' the threads you started and the thread you posted on, that should help you see them.

dbmod
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard