Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
P
Originally Posted By: DanF
I still don't get how to predict what is coming next. We are getting separated, I havwe dropped the rope. What is next in the script? Do I just go back to Robx thread and read through it? Is there a thread that lays out the sequence of the script?

Sorry to be so dumb, but I would love to be able to predict what is coming next and take steps to prepare myself. Right now I feel like what is coming next is dividing our "stuff", settling the ownership of the house, the finalization of the D and moving on.

????????????

I'd have to read your thread more regularly to help you with this, Dan. I'll try to get caught up better, and give you my take.

I will say, though, if you TRULY drop the rope (and I would add the caveat here that 95% of those that SAY they have, HAVEN'T), the wayward/walkaway spouse will usually try to suddenly draw you back. SHE WILL PURSUE YOU.

But again, that's a big "if".

Puppy

L
L
Great post Coach. Now I need to tattoo it to my forehead.

Me 44
H 39
Met in 1998
Married in 2004
D 5, twins
Bomb - May 16th, 2010

"Don't let Tomorrow or Yesterday get in the way of Today"
C
Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
"hi, what sounds good for supper?"

"I am grilling steaks for dinner and having a beer. How would you like yours cooked?"

Lead.

Quote:
"how about a legal separation instead of a D because it would be quicker?"

"I have decided that this marriage isn't working for me either. If that will make you happy then I will talk to my attorney."

Lead.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
C
C
PDT,
I agree with the 95% have not fully dropped the rope (me included). Can you give some tangible ways to do this?

If my wife wants a S because the D is taking to long do I ask her how many boxes I need to get for her stuff? Do I purchase said boxes?

Do I remind her that our auto insurance is almost due in a month or two and I will have to remove her from my policy and it will no longer have the multi-car discount?

What other tangible things can I do other than not talking to her about R, not pursuing, no texting, emailing, or calling? I have those things down pretty good. I have very few other things to go along with them.

Chuck

Last edited by Chuck66; 08/11/10 09:20 PM.

Me 44, W 39, S 6, D 6, M 21
Bomb June 18, 2010
I filed D July 20, 2010
W filed counter suit Aug 2
Rings came off Aug 5, 2010
G
G
Quote:
It's also attractive when you are paying attention, listening and are tuned in. The dynamics change very quickly. Know your situation and become aware. Aware of the vibe you are projecting, their feelings, what they really are saying and your responses back. It's not glib, it needs to be sincere but without expectation - that's confidence. Something that projects a little confidence too is keeping your sense of humor.

Truth.
Greek

Me45 H46
T25 M22
S21 & 19
D13
Separated and filed 8/08
Moved home 11/08

Happily ever after is one day at a time.
C
C
If they are not talking, how can I pay attention and listen?

Bomb June 18, 2010
I filed D July 20, 2010
P
P
Originally Posted By: Chuck66

If my wife wants a S because the D is taking to long do I ask her how many boxes I need to get for her stuff? Do I purchase said boxes?

Do I remind her that our auto insurance is almost due in a month or two and I will have to remove her from my policy and it will no longer have the multi-car discount?

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.

I'll try to check out your thread for more feedback, Chuck.

Puppy

C
C
Cool!

Bomb June 18, 2010
I filed D July 20, 2010
C
Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
If they are not talking, how can I pay attention and listen?

When you take care of business (TCB).

Kids - school, sports, hobbies, behavior
Finances - car, house
Moving - start talking about splitting up the Christmas decorations, photos, artwork,the kids artwork, music (all the emotional stuff) -while you lead

She will start talking and the opportunity is there.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
P
P
Originally Posted By: Coach

Moving - start talking about splitting up the Christmas decorations, photos, artwork,the kids artwork, music (all the emotional stuff) -while you lead

She will start talking and the opportunity is there.

Yep. It's like the politicians; when you threaten austerity in their budgets, it's always "teachers," "firemen" and "police protection" they wail about first! They know that will get the public's attention.

Puppy

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard