Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
dburt Offline OP
OP Offline
D

Well guess what, she climbs in bed Friday night and said "thank you for the note, was that today or yesterday?", I said, "it was yesterday." She said, "oh, well thank you it was very nice." I said, "youre welcome, I meant it." and went to sleep.

Looks as though I passed that test.

Good weekend, no ml b/c of son's friends over to spend the night on Sat, and she felt bad after some wine and Chineese last night. In the past I would have pressed her for sex for the next day or some confirmation of when, last night however, I looked for some mylanta and told her we can do when she is feeling better.

Burt

H
H
OUTSTANDING.

I'm not one to say I told you so, but.....

She was expecting you to REACT to her ignoring it and once you didn't do that, then it was ok to thank you for the note.

grin

And nice move on not getting upset with the no sex. I'm here to tell you from experience, not getting upset about it like that makes future encounters A LOT MORE INTERESTING whistle crazy whistle.

Keep it up Burt. You're getting there.

Hope4us

Me - 49, W 49
S22 & S18
Dday 9/4/07
W claims NC 4/7/08
8/29/09 - Divorce Busted. Lots to work through, but we're going to make it.
D
dburt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks Hope,

I did not think she would end up commenting on it, but I am learning more and more about the constant testing that I am going through.

Burt

D
dburt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I think I had another test last night, I asked if she wanted to roll around a bit together, and her reply was I could take it or leave it. I refused to let that bother me and this morning she was as warm as she has been in months...

6 month project continues, now to balance that without becoming a doormat.

Burt

P
P
how DID you respond? Best if you keep it playful/confident, something like "OK, your loss -- ha!" or "OK, I thought it'd be fun. Let me know if you change your mind!"

But what the hell do I know, lol . . .

Puppy

C
C
Quote:
I asked if she wanted to roll around a bit together

Don't ask. Let me guess what you really want - spontaneity, flirting and passion. It's all about creating the attraction and connection between you two. See how she reacted when you didn't pursue or get upset. Don't chase a cat. Be catnip.

Talk about your day, plans, goals and what's on your mind (besides that). Stay busy. Go to bed before her. Give her some space to chase you.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
Quote:
Don't chase a cat. Be catnip.

CL

CL 53 W 54
M 20 yrs.
03'-09' Separation + Old Patterns + GAL
10-14' Piecing

"The Master allows things to happen. She shapes events as they come."

----Tao Te Ching
D
dburt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Actually guys, I told her as manly as I could muster, well Im going to take it...

Did not really think about it just came out, in the past I would have been all "What do you mean by that" looser...

Burt

D
dburt Offline OP
OP Offline
D

Update time,

More of the same really, getting to be at that good friends stage (belch) again. Getting along really well, laughing and joking like we use to.

Got in bed Sat night pretty late from a scrimmage that was delayed because of weather. When I hopped in, she asked what time it was and then reached over and grabbed my arm and rubbed a couple of times and told me that she was glad I was home. She must have been really out of it , lol.

Onward,

Burt

D
dburt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Well, things have been steadily getting better, we have been getting along great. kisses in the morning, hugs in the evening.

Still, get the I don't care if we have sex or not at night. Went 2 weeks without any action then last night got the same response. She then told me to get her little "buzzer". I noticed the battery was still in the machine, which I always take out. So, she has been using it during the past two weeks while I sit there waiting for her to turn on, or trying like hell to turn her on.

I made light of it, but that really hurts for some reason.

Burt

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard