Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
J
J
WCW,

Wow.

In a good way wow. : )

Level head and keep doing what you're doing. Do not fall into the trap of rushing foward because of good things...keep the steady pace.

: ) Happy for you.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks kat and Jack.

I always want to hit the fast forward button but it ends up more like reverse!

We had a local horse show last weekend, H was the official so I did not show but took 2 horses for grandkids of 2 of my sis's to use. I had such a blast! Watching those kids have such a great time riding and smiling filled my heart with so much joy that my eyes leaked! Lot's of family came to watch the grandkids and that was fun too.

One night H slept on the couch. I did not ask him about it. I just enjoyed the whole bed to myself that night.

H has been using one of my credit cardcs to purchase business items and to date has always paid me back before the due date. I am a little mixed on this but I figure that at least he is showing some type of financial responsibility by not putting more on his cards that are high interest with balances.

I have to remind myself that H's LL is WOA. He loves to be praised, but who doesn't? Along with that I have to be sure and sleep enough so that I don't turn sour and I can focus on positives.

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
WCW #2041521 07/20/10 04:16 PM
K
K
Hoping things are still going well. There may always be a little slip back after progress is made but you have come so far. Happy for you.

hugs, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hey kat, thanks for checking on me and the hugs too!

Still moving forward.... smile

I took a chance - 'hired' some new ranch help. I had asked H what he thought before I took on the new guy and H said he wasn't enthused about the idea. Problem is I need some brute and brawn to do some of the things I can't do myself and H won't or doesn't make time to help me with. So I hired the guy anyway. It's only been a week, but H has made numerous comments....H is impressed with the guys work! whew! so far so good.

It's also cool to note that other help has worked here for months before H even met them. Now H is around so much that he knew right away!

Still have a long ways to go between H and me but we keep taking baby steps.

WCW #2043492 07/23/10 06:49 AM
B
B
So glad the help is working out for you. As for your H ... I just have to say, you have the patience of a goddess. Is this what is needed in training horses?

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
BM, thanks I think.

Reality is yes much patience is needed with horses if you want to get good results. Many people think they can whip and spur and might even get a horse to ride but in the long run there's a good chance they'll get bucked off when they're not expecting it. I don't use whips or spurs, I bring out the best in my horses by convincing them to be my partner and work with me to get the job done. That does sound a lot like DBing, yes? Not every horse responds the same way, not every spouse responds the same way.

The other thing is I enjoy so much of my life at this point that the rough spots with H are minute now. I wish it were better faster, but it's not where I choose to focus my energy. Granted that it took me years to get to this stage, but here is where I am.

WCW #2044038 07/23/10 11:08 PM
J
J
Baby steps...remember I don't believe in them. smile

But keep going anyway.

BTW, like how a horse and a spouse was used in the same sentence. eek

Jeff

Current Thread
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Heya Jeff, believe...believe....believe. smile

Speaking of horses, I am currently ranked 4th in the nation in one of my events and top 10 in another. grin grin Now the decision is if I have the time and resources to hit the road even harder and chase more points.

Due to mucho rain last week all the weekend activities were cancelled we had planned. Good way to get some much needed work done! it also ocurred to me that neither H or I left the place for 2 whole days. I don't remember the last time that happened!

WCW #2045356 07/26/10 10:29 PM
S
S
WCW - CONGRATS!!! What an accomplishment!

We took a colt to a halter futurity on Sunday, and they canceled it due to weather, too.

K
K
Glad to hear that things are still going well. Thanks for stopping by with the birthday wishes. I am going to focus on trying to make some of my wishes come true! wink

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard