Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 87 of 101 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 100 101
G
G
Yay for yoga! It's a beautiful practice, isn't it? smile

Yes, be careful what you wish for, but wish for what you want!
You sound so good, keep moving forward.

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks, Gg1,
Hey, you got a home or are you just a drive-by? wink

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Gardener
CTH,
Originally Posted By: ClingingToHope
Wow, four months since you've seen her. That must be nice.
It has been nice!
Correction: saw her in mediator's office for about twenty minutes and in court for about five minutes a few weeks back.
Basically same difference, though. No real contact, thankfully.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

W
W
Gardener, how's the Yoga coming? What kind of meditation do you do?

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
G
OP Offline
G
wii,
Went to yoga only twice but absolutely love it. There are so many different kinds of yoga yet I have no idea what kind this is. It's free with my gym membership, is rather fast-paced (posture after posture after posture) yet I love it. The teacher's Namaste/winding down talk at the end which, though only a minute or so long, she repeats word for word a second time when she's finished is so affirming and uplifting. I've exercised for years. Stretched for years (The Whartons' Method). Meditated for years. This just seems to bring them all together. And has made me aware that though my arms, legs, shoulders, back, chest, etc., are flexible and strong, my core (abs, hips, lower back) are not.

Okay, meditation: While I am a religious man, I have practiced a non-religious/non-spiritual method of meditation known as The Silva Method (www.silvalifesystem.com) for over twenty years. Like most, they started small, simply, with something that worked, but have since become an industry, a Brand. They espouse E.S.P., intuition, and manifestation along with their simple mind/body control, mind/body quieting system known as The Centering Exercise.

They were one of the first (pre-E.E.G., I believe) to differentiate - and tap into - the electrical vibrations and pulses of brainwaves in different states (Alpha, Beta, Delta, Theta, etc.).

I have used The Centering Exercise for years on an old, almost worn-out cassette tape. It takes about twenty-five minutes. Though with practice and repetition (and I've had much), one can invoke these states and results instantly with a word ("relax") or a number ("one," "two," "three").

I am just now beginning to look into their Manifestation exercises. You can download The Centering Exercise for free from their website, which I recently did if only to hear a different voice than the one I've been hearing on my audiocassette for years. They will, however, bomb you with spammail (some of which is good, free reading) once you do so.

Another recent addition has been that of Dr. Jeffrey Thompson's CDs (www.neuroacoustic.com). Same theory of different electrical brainwave pulses/cycles but acoustically induced/enhanced. I came across him and one of his "passive" Cds, Healing Mind System 2.0 last year about four months into my sitch. It's passive in that you do nothing: just put it on in the background.

All I can tell you is that within 10 days or so, something...happened. My mind slowed. Became more peaceful. The "chatter" slowed.

I've since bought several of his more "active" CDs to be used during mindful meditation. All different. All tappimg into/inducing different levels and results.

All good. All meditation is a journey, even if just one into still-ness.

There ya go, wii: you asked two simple questions and, not surprisingly, got two Gardener verbose diatribes! grin

Last edited by Gardener; 07/24/10 11:04 PM.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
"Keep telling yourself that you can heal from this.
You are a good person.

No one deserves to be abandoned.
Nothing you did warranted this kind of
treatment from the woman who promised
to love you.

The issue is within your wife.
It is a flaw in her that has caused
her to walk out on you.
You do deserve better treatment.

It is better to be alone and happy
than to be with someone who
would choose to leave you."

Susan J. Anderson
The Journey From Abandonment To Healing.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

G
G
Amen Brother (proof I AM watching!)

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
C
C
Hi Gardener!

Isn't yoga grand?! I practice an hour of yoga (morning) and an hour of Pilate's (evening) each day, seven days a week. You will be AMAZED at how quick you gain massive amounts of core strength.

When I first started practicing my core was *so* weak it wasn't even funny. Especially with Pilate's I thought I would throw up my core was burning so bad! I bet in a few weeks time your core will strengthen more than you ever thought possible.

Keep us posted!

G
OP Offline
G
gima,
Originally Posted By: givingitmyall
Amen Brother (proof I AM watching!)
Proof is never needed when one has faith.
Thanks, brother.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks, CityGirl.
I will keep you posted.
Do you do Mat Pilates or one of their machine thingies?
Really wanted to go to third yoga this morning @ 11:00, but had a house showing I had to get ready for.
Why is it that though I keep this place almost Felix Unger-ish, immaculately ready for showings, whenever broker calls with a, "showing tomorrow at (whatever) o'clock," it still takes 4-5 hours of spit 'n polish, white-glove prep?
I'm exhausted.
Someone buy this place, already (and former spouse and I dropped the price another $21k on Thursday)!

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

Page 87 of 101 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard