Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Awoken Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you SgFan;

Welcome to the club indeed!
It's been one of those astonishing things to realize over the past 9 months, that so many people are divorced or in the process of pursing one. It's like when you are expecting your first child, and everywhere you see expecting couples.

During my first weeks here at DB, I was overwhelmed at how many people were here fighting for their marriages, and the constant flow of newcomers. Even today, after a long time away from the boards, it was a shock to see how many new people had started long threads. It's very sad, and yet this community is such a great thing.

M:42|W:40|D:17|S:13|Bomb:10/23/09
Awoken's Current Thread
A
Awoken Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you DanF and Number8! (((Hugs)))

Awoken's Current Thread
A
Awoken Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: BeTheMan
My day is coming Awoken. I pray that I will be able to handle it as well as you.

When I started here, (and I can't believe it was 9 months ago), I thought I would lose all faith in god. It's been rough, but somehow when I needed strength the most it was always there. I've been surprised to discover that my faith has been strengthened rather than weakened by this overall experience. My son's as well.

I need to remember that and follow up on it!

Hang in there; you never know what will happen.

Awoken's Current Thread
A
Awoken Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: FindingMyVoice
((((Awoken)))) from PG. I could never say enough thank yous to you too.

Thanks PG. (((hugs)))

I tried to navigate the menus here, but so far it's escaping me. So, did you change your login name here to FindingMyVoice?

I did hunt around for your threads this afternoon when I posted to see how you were doing, but didn't see anything for over 10+ pages.
Somehow, my watched threads are all gone too. I remember Gardener saying this had happened to him before as well. Maybe it's because I haven't been very active lately.

Anyway, please fill me in so I can find your threads and catch up.

Awoken's Current Thread
G
G
Awoken,
Originally Posted By: Awoken
Today I signed my divorce papers.
(((hugs)))
...a process that I'm now reluctantly embracing as I carefully imagine a new wonderful life for myself.
Very well put. You've obviously put much thought into this.
I'll never know the details of what exactly went wrong. Still, this forum, my participation, and all the wonderful people here, have made a profound difference in my life. Even though I didn't save my marriage, I do think I'm coming out better off through my efforts here.
I could never say it enough: Thank you everyone.
We'll never know. The hardest thing to accept - in the beginning at least. And the rest? I agree wholeheartedly. This forum, my participation, the good selfless people here - and this entire experience -have changed me to my core.
Originally Posted By: sgfan
It will only get better.
SO true. So true. Hang in there, Awoken. You'll see.
Originally Posted By: Serenity13
However we are better people because of it, don't ever forget that.
That's for sure!

The roller coaster will turn into a kiddie coaster. Just wait.

One of my best experiences in DB was meeting you. And the help and support you gave me. Hang in there. You'll be fine.

Hell, I was in court today with my X and I was just fine with it all. grin
It. Gets. Better.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

Awoken

I am so sorry, today must have been really tough. You have demonstrated a lot of strength and growth in your 9 months here and you helped a lot of other folks along the way.

Stay strong my friend, I wish nothing but the best for you as you move forward and away from this painful phase of your life

Me:41
W: 35
Married: 6
Together: 15
Bomb: 08/09
Currently: Investing in me!

"You can't do anything about anything you can't do anything about" - Larry King
F
F
Hi Awoken. More hugs are in order for you today, I think. So (((Awoken))). I'm really sorry about things turned out for you. I know you'll still have an amazing life, but I know this is not what you'd wanted. I'm here for you any time you need someone to listen.

Yes, last week I had a really rough day, and had an overwhelming sense that I had to get those threads removed. I was able to get the admin to take care of it. I have to run, I'll be back soon. Again, more hugs. Take care. PG.

I cannot complain for not receiving from others, that which I've never asked them for.
F
F
...sorry, lost my privacy there for a moment. Anyways, I had the threads removed because I began fearing having so many personal details online. I hope you keep posting on how you're doing this week? Will keep checking in. PG.

I cannot complain for not receiving from others, that which I've never asked them for.
F
F
12bar!!! How the heck are you my friend? Hugs to you too, today. PG

G
G
FMV,
Originally Posted By: FindingMyVoice
...sorry, lost my privacy there for a moment. Anyways, I had the threads removed because I began fearing having so many personal details online. I hope you keep posting on how you're doing this week? Will keep checking in. PG.
How did you/how does one contact the mods?
Thanks.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard