Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2043210 07/22/10 08:17 PM
A
Awoken Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Today I signed my divorce papers.

Of course it was nothing like I expected it would be. My wife (and she is still that until the judge signs off on the agreement), is on the other side of the country, and I've just been waiting to see if she would ever sign the papers. Yesterday, I got an email from my attorney saying that she had signed and that they were ready for me to come in and finish everything. I had a long lunch break today, so I headed over to the attorney's office and signed.

I guess I was expecting to be more upset; more emotionally invested today. Somehow, it was just another step in a long process I never wanted, a process that I'm now reluctantly embracing as I carefully imagine a new wonderful life for myself.

There were some emotions for me: mainly disbelief at where I was, that I was actually getting divorced. That I no longer understand or know this woman that I've called my best friends for almost two decades. I was a little shocked to see my mother-in-law's signature as witness, and wondering how much she approves of the divorce. Some relief too, and sadness as well. But none of it as deep as I expected. I guess some of this may hit me hard later on; I will ride it out.

I spent a lot of time last night thinking (don't we all!) about the past nine months. I've certainly not been a very good divorce buster, and it's likely that my marriage was never meant to be busted. I'll never know the details of what exactly went wrong. Still, this forum, my participation, and all the wonderful people here, have made a profound difference in my life. Even though I didn't save my marriage, I do think I'm coming out better off through my efforts here.
I could never say it enough: Thank you everyone.

For all of you that are new here, that are still deep in the struggle to save your marriages, may god bless you and your families.

M:42|W:40|D:17|S:13|Bomb:10/23/09
Awoken's Current Thread
D
D
Thanks Awoken and best of luck to you...take care of yourself.

N
N
This sounds like a tough day. Hugs to you.

B
B
My day is coming Awoken. I pray that I will be able to handle it as well as you. Your 646 posts here is all the proof I need that you tried - and that means a lot!

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

Loving Marriage #2 with the perfect person.

F
F
((((Awoken)))) from PG. I could never say enough thank yous to you too.

I cannot complain for not receiving from others, that which I've never asked them for.
W
W
Welcome to the club. It will only get better.

Formerly SGfan
M:38
W:33
M:8 yrs
T:10 yrs
Bomb: Dec '08
Separated: 4/18/09
Divorce: 8/28/09
XW Affair began: April 08
K
K
Sorry it has come to this... Hugs,
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
S
S
A~

My day is coming soon as well...I am so sorry my friend however I know you tried your very best to DB your marriage and you are right, some just aren't meant to be busted...However we are better people because of it, don't ever forget that.

(((((Hugs)))))

smile

May All Who Seek To Take My Life
Be Put To Shame And Confusion;
May All Who Desire My Ruin
Be Turned Back In Disgrace.
~Psalm 40:14~
A
Awoken Offline OP
OP Offline
A
(((Hugs))) right back to you Serenity,

Yes, we are better people, and yet I've got a lot more work to do now.

I've been away for quite a while. I'll climb back into your thread and catch up, although I'm positive you are doing so well; always moving forward.

I was really curious, and surprised at how routine today's event was for me. In the past I imagined that signing the divorce agreement would be more catastrophic for me. I expected to need to prepare for the day, and then it suddenly arrived and now it's over. I'm unnerved by how calm and accepting I am of it all. I'm thankful for the peace I have; prayers do work. Yet, I'm wary of a future storm.

Awoken's Current Thread
A
Awoken Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you so much Kalni; I'm sorry too. I did my best, and I'll hold my head up high now. I still got questions, but I'm gonna do my best to move forward.

Awoken's Current Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard