Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 75 of 101 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 100 101
G
OP Offline
G
Romeo,
Originally Posted By: StupidRomeo
Sounds like you got the court stuff done so a productive day there and you got to go out and watch a good movie with S too.
You got it. Great day all around.
Originally Posted By: StupidRomeo
What do you do Gardener? Landscaping as the name implies?
Pretty much. Got my own niche all to myself somewhere in the middle: even more as the name implies, I'm a Master Gardener. Annual, perennial bed design and maintenance, ornamental shrub and tree care for a handful or two of wealthy folks.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Journaling,
After work yesterday, drove out to Long Island for a dinner, evening, and overnight with best-friend-since-kindergarten and his new (18months) wife.
Great time.
Wife started telling me about a life-long friend of hers, 52, who lives about five miles from me.

Really? Tell me more.

She's never been married. Okay, Strike One. That's got red flag all over it for a 52 year old woman, imo.

Has always lived with, supported, and argues constantly with elderly Mom. Strike Two. I need no drama baggage, thank you. Got my own suitcases full wink

"Rather aggressive woman, but nice,nonetheless." Strike Three.

"Thanks, good friends, for thinking of me, but I'm really not relationship-ready at all, yet."

Wife cooked me and best friend huge, great Fathers' Day breakfast (how sweet).

Then I left and went up to the Pete Seeger Hudson Clearwater Festival. What a wonderful, beautiful, happy time. Wound up talking to two women I struck up conversations with. Didn't go anywhere; it wasn't going to and I didn't want it to. Just more fun, ballsy breaking-out-of the shell 180/GAL for me.

First Fathers' Day in 17 years I didn't hear from StepS or StepD. Not surprised, but still frown

Heard from my two wonderful sons grin

Realized about a half hour ago that today is X's birthday. Never crossed my mind. That makes two birthdays in a row - out of seventeen - that she woke up alone without G doing some "bed-dancing" with her (my word for it) while singing her the Beatles "Happy Birthday."

Hope she missed it again.
I sure missed it last year.
I didn't today.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

H
H
Originally Posted By: Gardener
hm,
Originally Posted By: hoosiermama
...and she's at her dad's for Toy Story 3, which I'm trying not to find terribly sad. But...I stopped. and I refused too. nothing's gonna spoil those memories for me!
Take her to see Toy Story 3 again with you. What? She's gonna refuse? She'd love to see it again!
Go with your daughter.

oh, yeah, she wants to see it again! my d is not a cool, jaded teen--and I love that about her. we're definitely going...but it may need to wait until she returns from her choir trip to Chicago.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
G
OP Offline
G
Journaling 2,

A couple of months ago, I invited a select group of people to a barbecue at my house later in July. All accepted: my son, (son in Colorado can't be there, of course), my brother and wife (and two nephews), aforementioned best-friend since- kindergarten and wife, Good friend since high school and his wife. Good friend and wife of 20 years, good friend and wife of 30 years. My Selfless Support Group.

Last night, best-friend-since-kindergarten asked me why, is it for your birthday, since that's the day before?

No, I told him. After all my venting and the unconditional support I've received and taking stock of what's really important these last many months, I invited everyone for 4 reasons:

Not in order:
1) I really thought the house would've sold in the spring market with perhaps an August 1 closing (no such luck mad), so it would have been a final party at the ol' homestead.

2) This group comprises the thirteen or fourteen people in my life who - over many years - have never, ever, let me down. That, alone is reason to acknowledge, honor, and celebrate them.

3) They all know each other (for the most part) but many haven't seen each other in years, or ever. I decided that it's about time that the most important people in my life meet - or re-meet - the most important people in my life.

4) To thank them all.

I am really looking forward to this!

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
hm,
Good!

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

L
L
She's never been married. Okay, Strike One. That's got red flag all over it for a 52 year old woman, imo.
I have to agree. Although it is silly when you think about it, but in this day and age, if someone my age has not been married, the first thing I think is what is wrong with them

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

L
L
Has always lived with, supported, and argues constantly with elderly Mom. Strike Two. I need no drama baggage, thank you. Got my own suitcases full wink
Is there a female version of Norman Bates
"Rather aggressive woman, but nice,nonetheless." Strike Three.
Sure. If you enjoy getting your ass kicked.

Last edited by LolaL; 06/20/10 10:41 PM.

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

L
L

There is something I have discovered about well meaning friends. Although in theory it is great to "find someone" through friends, I am not sure that it is the best way to go. When you first meet someone, I think it is more beneficial to get to know them by yourself, rather than having the well meaning input of friends who know them. Who they are with you may not be who they are with someone else. What is that Billy Joel song: "the Stranger"??? We all have that face...

Last edited by LolaL; 06/20/10 10:42 PM.

H
H
sorry you didn't hear from the step-adult-kids. this year. next year will be different, I'm willing to bet.

and...good call on the possible set-up. 5 miles away is waaaaaaay too close for someone who, um, fits the description you got!! more red flags than a bullfighting ring (and my guess is, that's not the only resemblance....)

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
G
OP Offline
G
LolaL
Originally Posted By: LolaL

There is something I have discovered about well meaning friends. Although in theory it is great to "find someone" through friends, I am not sure that it is the best way to go. When you first meet someone, I think it is more beneficial to get to know them by yourself, rather than having the well meaning input of friends who know them. Who they are with you may not be who they are with someone else. What is that Billy Joel song: "the Stranger"??? We all have that face...
Exactly!

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

Page 75 of 101 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard