Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 71 of 101 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 100 101
T
T
Get a dog if you don't already have one. Makes travel more difficult, but so long as you feed them and walk them, they will love you to death.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
W
W
How did the meeting go last night?

G
OP Offline
G
Time heals,
I know. Cats too. At least mine did. Came whenever I called him. I used to sing him a song that, over time, made him go purring, leg-rubbing crazy whenever I sang it. My first cat. Walked into local cat shelter and, after eyeing me, jumped down from the window sill and ran over to rub my leg. He adopted me.

X asked to have him when she left so she wouldn't be alone (hey, what about me?) "Mr. Nice Guy" said, "Sure!" as usual, especially in those pleading, eggshell-walking, post-bomb days. X promptly went out and bought a teacup/toy/whatever dog for $700. I got scammed out of my first and only connected-to cat.

But Gardener goes on and on as usual (more than usual since he's lonely tonight).

After sale of house, I will be renting small, temporary digs until I move cross-country. Dog might limit my rental options.
But after that....
Definitely.
Thanks for responding with a great idea, TH. And thanks for listening.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

S
S
Where are you moving cross country to? You aren't like those Big 12 schools that are all jumping to join the PAC-10? If so, we welcome you the left coast, but I must warn you...the ocean water is freak'n cold here.

G
OP Offline
G
whiskey,

It went fine. X got 1/2 of what she wanted re: part of the proceeds of rental $ from tenant. I got all of what I wanted on two other issues.

I was centered, relaxed. Went there dressed up and looking great, just like in early DB, LRT days. Why? Just because.

X still looks matronly, drawn, tired, unattractive and unappealing. And, of course, came with her ever-present, surgically-attached teacup dog.

I was cordial, polite, nice, conversational. Moreso than I should have been with someone who abandoned her vows and bolted rather than repair, accused me of false, vile things along the way, and got my beloved stepchildren to suddenly, inexplicably cut me off.

But then again, I'm not done reading No More Mr. Nice Guy.

Thanks for asking. And thanks for your positive energy offered in the .alt. Outside, before going in, as I centered myself, I thought of your energy promise and tapped into it. True.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Hey, Young Kerry,

Actually, Eugene, Oregon.
For reasons that make no sense - except to me.
A kind of kismet thing happened in that regard.
Having never been a sports fan, the rest of your post reads like Klingon to me.
Except for the friggin' cold water part!
Thanks,

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

S
S
Welcome to the Beaver State!

Dont pee in the Willamete as I am down river from you.

G
OP Offline
G
Kerry,
Hey!
You're in Oregon?
Oh, boy another DBer I'd like to visit in my cross-country trek but won't have to zig-zag my way to you in order to do so.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

W
W
Originally Posted By: Gardener
Kerry,
Hey!
You're in Oregon?
Oh, boy another DBer I'd like to visit in my cross-country trek but won't have to zig-zag my way to you in order to do so.

Hey, I think there could be a movie in this...National Lampoon's Divorcebusting Vacation! grin

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
Hi Gardener-
I hope the lonely feeling fades quickly for you. And TH is right about the dog- Jazzie has been so good for my emotional health and given me such a boost. She graduated from intermediate-level training class tonight!

PS- let me know if you decide to travel near Ohio when you're making that journey westward!

Hugs, Bunny

W42/H42/M20
S/19,D/17
On My Own: 11/28/09
Page 71 of 101 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard