Woot Hoot for the oldies !! lol

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
OK! Cease fire. Back to business.

It's 2AM and I'm staring at the ceiling. STBXs attorney and mine almost had a deal, and like Freddy Krueger, STBX's hand comes out of the lake AGAIN!

She had the house appraised back in 2009. As of Friday, she now says the house has depreciated by 50K, so the assets need to be renoegotiated.

Trial is set for the first week in May, and she is yet to be disposed. As you recall, in the middle of deposition in January, her attorney thought he could get her to agree to a settlement, so the deposition was stopped by my attorney. WHAT A MISTAKE!

Three months later and about another 5K in legal bills, ang she is STLL not happy with the agreement. I once shot back at her "I've got 65 cents in the ashtray of my car that I forgot to declare". She is IMPOSSIBLE. There is a pathological quality to her inability to settle this. It's like she needs the drama of is so "Entitled" to what she "DESERVES" that she can't/won't let go.

I cannot continue like this. I need this DONE..........She has already been granted an extension because she changed attorneys! WTF!!!????

G
G
Hey C...

She sure is a busy beaver, Santa style.. going over the list with Grinch like precision...

Getting a new lawyer always equates to an extension to allow counsel to come up to speed. So your lawyer has to complete her deposition tout de suite.

And if she adjusts the figures for the house, then all the other assets have to be updated.

Based on my divorce with a spouse who changed lawyers, from a reasonable to an exorbitant one, make sure both of your legal fees are based on your individual division of the marital assets. You don't want to get stuck paying her fees.

As always.. thanks for the images...

*hugs*

H
H
Well FL, some things never change. I have to tell you that this might be an opportunity for you. I just had my house appraised because I refinanced. I was pelasantly surprised - and I'm an appraiser! - just not a residential one. An appraisal is an opinion. For about $300 you can get your own appraisal done and I would suggest that you do so.

Please suggest to your L that you have an appraisal done on your behalf, or jkust sell the thing. Sometimes these people screw themselves. My X (before he was the X) had his friend come into the house to appraise it without my knowledge. He appraised it high because he thought I was buying out my X. But my L got hold of that and the X then wanted to remain in the house, so he had to buy me out. Maybe she should sell - then you would know the true value of it - that is the only way to tell. That way there would be no buyout and the proceeds would go to the two parties. After all, she brought this up.

M
M
Divorce shouldn't be so hard!!!!!!!!!!!

F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the look-in! Mattie, in my last email to my attorney, I ended it by saying "Jack Welch, the CEO of GE had an easier time getting divorced and he was worth $720,000,000!"

I
I
Originally Posted By: Matilda2
Divorce shouldn't be so hard!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^ No kidding!!

Last edited by StupidRomeo; 04/28/10 02:54 AM.

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
M
M
It will be over. Eventually. You will be able to look back and have it done.

Hang in there.

Settling is usually cheaper than trial, but at this rate you might as well just push forward with the trial just to get it over with LOL.

Can't say I'm surprised by her actions. She's tried just about everything else, not like this is a new low for her or something.

Try not to let it get to you. You have your life, it's just cleanup.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
M
M
Time for an update???

M
M
all ok??? (or as ok as can be as you go through your crazy divorce!!!)

Page 30 of 31 1 2 28 29 30 31

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard