Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 69 of 101 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 100 101
P
P
Quote:
Passing through? Lake Erie area? I think not.

But Gardener'll sure as hell go way out of his way on a side trip ("Road Trip!!") to to meetcha and take you up on lunch.

The zig zag I referenced is because I'd love to meet you, hoosiermama (IN), givingitmyall (GA), Sweet Serenity13 (FL) and others. Many others.

What fun!

Dont forget to pass through New Zealand ! -always welcome

I
I
Hey G-man, thank you for your most recent post, that was something I needed to read today, for sure.

You are a good man, and have provided countless help to others, including myself, and I am grateful to you for all your help and insight, so from me to you today. Thank you!

Wishing you the best today!

M: 41
STBXW: 41
D: 9
Bomb: 4/26/09

On board the D train now..

"Suffering is when we try to change what we cannot."
H
H
awesome, powerful, insightful post, g-man. thank you for sharing.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
I
I
G-man, it's great to see your sitch from your latest point of view. I echo the comments about your beliefs, your struggles and your patience. You did what you could and more.

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
G
OP Offline
G
polyanna,
I just noticed I never replied to you
Originally Posted By: pollyanna
Quote:
Passing through? Lake Erie area? I think not.

But Gardener'll sure as hell go way out of his way on a side trip ("Road Trip!!") to to meetcha and take you up on lunch.

The zig zag I referenced is because I'd love to meet you, hoosiermama (IN), givingitmyall (GA), Sweet Serenity13 (FL) and others. Many others.

What fun!
Dont forget to pass through New Zealand ! -always welcome
Thank you. New Zealand: NUMBER ONE on my "Bucket List" of countries to visit someday. Always has been. True.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Journaling,
And today...today

I miss my stepson and stepdaughter so very, very much it Just. Tears. Me. Apart!

Seven months. No Contact. No response.

Which began - inexplicably - right after our usual-big-hug-I-love-you, I-love-you-too-see-you-soon goodbye in midwest city as I was leaving after my three hour see-new-granddaughter trip/visit.

Since that day, nothing. Except stepddaughter's "Gardener, Stop contacting me." email response to my New Year's Eve note/wish to all of them.

WTF did X - could X - have told them after I left that would make them do that? Just like that. After seventeen loving years?

This was a large part of this week's IC session. It's only right that I feel this way. They are in pain, too. I'll never know why. Never. But they'll be back someday, etc., etc.

My mind knows this.
But the heart - as always - lags.
And today it overwhems me.

And it'll be over, soon, and I'll be okay I know...

But f%^K. Just f%^k.

Last edited by Gardener; 06/05/10 01:48 PM.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

H
H
I'm so sorry...and I soooo know how you feel. I miss my nieces and nephews intensely, and no less after 2 years have passed. it's the "collateral damage" that can be the most painful, I guess.

and yeah...what could they all have been told, after knowing us--REALLY knowing us--for so long? they ought to know better, they ought to know US better....

I know you've been following my sitch, and in the past week there's been remarkable movement and grace--not with my nieces and nephews, but my former parents-in-law. and what I learned is that they've been i pain too, they have experienced loss. and they didn't know how to handle it, and they didn't know how to handle xH in all of that, and they want us to continue to be part of each others' lives--even without xH. and I think things will eventually normalize to some degree with former family members I've been closer to as well. things move slowly, there are shifts...and then many things happen at once.

I mention these things to offer you hope, as well as to empathize with just how much this hurts.

((((gardener))))

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
G
OP Offline
G
hm,
I know...I know.
All true. And in your case, how wonderful for you!
And in my case: Yes. Someday...
Thank you.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

W
W
Gardener, as I said on someone else's thread, Divorce is the pain that just keeps on giving. I think it's sad that our society seems to look on D as something that happens, oh well, that's life, it happens to everybody blah blah blah but the pain and that collateral damage is so beyond that thinking. Anyway, my heart goes out to you.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
H
H
yes...someday. I have no doubt of that. I don't know you nearly as well as THEY know you, of course, but I can see who you are.

and THEY know who you are, too. and it will come back to them.

and they'll come back to you.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
Page 69 of 101 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis