Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 49 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 48 49
G
G
Originally Posted By: KerryK
Talk about clothes. Women love to talk about clothes. If you talk about clothes long enough, the conversation will eventually lead to talk about the removal of clothes.
You're a funny man, Kerry.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

S
S
Gardener - I am just relating to my date last week at a shopping mall restaurant. After dining, we spent some time browsing the ladies apparal section at Macy's talking about clothes. I'm looking forward to tomorrow nights date to hopefully continue where the conversation was progressing...

My biggest concern is that some of "those people" over in the mlc forum keep taking my "man card" away.

G
G
Kerry,
Originally Posted By: KerryK
My biggest concern is that some of "those people" over in the mlc forum keep taking my "man card" away.
They keep trying to take it away. Man Card cannot be taken away. It can, however, be surrendered.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

D
D
Quote:
They keep trying to take it away. Man Card cannot be taken away. It can, however, be surrendered.

He shoots - he scores! laugh

Sorry - I have Game 3 on in the background and I could not resist...

Me 52, STBEX 52
D 17, S 12
M 20 years
Em Sep since 2002, Phys Sep Sept 2009
F
OP Offline
F
First response to fig, bnd and Bill. I'm pretty sure that I'm OK. We have a signed divorce agreement. My name is on the deed. XW moved out and has her own residence. Still, man was she pissed.

I had my kids for two dinners. Now, I have my long stretch. She has them this weekend, Thurs thru next Monday although I may get them for a few hours on her Saturday because she works and S9 has a ballgame. We'll see.

It hasn't been as bad as I thought, but, the emptiness in the house now is imposing. I have caught myself standing in the hallway on the second floor and just staring into S9's and D7's empty bedrooms. I have visions of XW painting S9's room with stars before he was born. Again..not about XW...but...about the incredible transition from that point.

FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
F
F
It is the end to what you envisioned your life being
don't let the ghosts of time past haunt you for too long

I am reminded today, my last day at my teaching job HERE
of change

and

how I so crave to be solid...no more changes
and
of how God keeps smiling at me, I imagine a little indulgently, while He reminds me that it is through change that we grow

My greatest prayer has been one of growth and God, in His wisdom, will not let my prayer go unanswered, even when I wish it to just be still

with each change, I have a renewed sense of faith, of greatness and of His wisdom

let God remind you Frank, that through change comes growth. God does not want you to languish and fade...He wants you to be vibrant and colorful.

SO...this a big change
find your growth
your ability to shine

don't forget the wonderful memories like the anticipation of your son or that he was conceived in love. Pause but do not linger for too long there

you are in a growth spurt!!! grin

F
OP Offline
F
Next post.

OK....I have already followed all the advice here. I am blown away because on the service I joined, at one point, was getting 25 to 30 emails a day. My G-d...there are a LOT of divorced woman out there. A LOT. It must be challenging, if not difficult, for a divorced woman in her 50s with 2 kids to find a new healthy R. Well, I'd better not exclude myself yet from that category.

My pix are all within 12 months. I made my profile humorous. Eg, I love to cook so I used my favorite line "dinner is ready when the smoke alarm goes off." LOL.

I've seen some hurtful posts by women in profiles:
-"don't bother emailing me if you don't own a comb" (thank G-d I have a full head of hair"
-"my kids are grown so don't bother emailing if yours aren't. I got rid of my baggage"
-"you get ten points if you own a boat"
-"don't expect to get a kiss or have your hand held on the first date." Wow....tough love I guess
-"don't bother emailing if you are under 5'11." I made it by one inch. LOL.

Women ask a lot of similar questions:
-what do you do?
-how long are you divorced?
-how long were you married?

And, of course, most of the women seem cirumspect, suspicious, etc. On the flip side, others have a great outlook on life.

Well...nearly 6 days without my kids coming up. It hurts.

FIB

Ugh.

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
S
S
Originally Posted By: faithisbelieving
I've seen some hurtful posts by women in profiles:
-"don't bother emailing me if you don't own a comb" (thank G-d I have a full head of hair"
-"my kids are grown so don't bother emailing if yours aren't. I got rid of my baggage"
-"don't expect to get a kiss or have your hand held on the first date." Wow....tough love I guess
-"don't bother emailing if you are under 5'11." I made it by one inch. LOL.

I've seen some real crazy profiles myself. Some women just dont know how to disguise batchit crazy. The best one I saw was a long list of demands she expects a man to do for her. Another one went into a long rant about not contacting her if all you want to do is have sex, but she had a self-picture of herself in the mirror bathroom wearing underwear.

B
B
Quote:
My G-d...there are a LOT of divorced woman out there. A LOT. It must be challenging, if not difficult, for a divorced woman in her 50s with 2 kids to find a new healthy R. Well, I'd better not exclude myself yet from that category.

Yep, imagine how hard it is for a woman in her 40's with 4 kids!!! Especially when you consider that Iam the one who is primarily responsible for the kids activities! I have very little free time!

Here's the flipside to your online experience!
Quote:

"Wy can't you drop everything and meet me the minute I want you to? Just leave your kids at home.

Quote:

Well I have to admit that a boat would be a bonus!!! But I am tired of every 40-somethng man thinking I am going to fall in love with his Harley!!!

Quote:

That seems perferable to the men who are desperately looking for their soulmate!!! I don't want to go to dinner with someone who expects me to be their instant world!

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
G
G
FIB,
Originally Posted By: faithisbelieving
...but, the emptiness in the house now is imposing. I have caught myself standing in the hallway on the second floor and just staring into S9's and D7's empty bedrooms. I have visions of XW painting S9's room with stars before he was born.
frown Sorry, man.
Time. Time and strength. You're their Dad after all- gotta have the strength.
My thoughts are with you in this wrenching transition.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

Page 44 of 49 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 48 49

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard