Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 60 of 101 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 100 101
A
A
Phew, Gardener, can't even reply to all that.

I trust your gut on her "arbitrary" Feb date. But Feb is Feb, and May is May. Time will do what it does.

The renter will help so much with mental stress. Hopefully you enjoy the presence of another person around. My roomie helps a lot with that. Of course, she is also the perfect roomie, so not everyone will have that.

Most most excellent on the swing dancing. Totally great. Speaking as a middle-aged divorced woman (hey, is that me? why, shoot, I guess it is) I would be delighted to have such a man as you show up at class. A man who can handle emotions. Who can look at feelings, life, changes, love, and know what can be good, and how to handle the bad. Who is brave enough to swing dance!

Keep going.

R
R
I am seriously considering renting out my finished basement. I would have to install a small bath (gutted when I refi'd), and would have to share the entrance, along with the kitchen at least once in a while (there is already an apt size fridge down there, full bar, micorwave).
Not sure where that thought will end up, though.

L
L
If you show up at a dance class before our lunch date you are in big trouble Buster! Kidding kiddin LOL!!!

So if I read that right, she gets the house if it doesn't sell by Feb 2011? That's almost an entire year away.

Does that mean she will also take over any and all mortgage payments?

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

R
R
Gardener - what is that book that you have been recommending all over the place?

R
R
found it....nevermind wink

G
OP Offline
G
aver,
Originally Posted By: avermont
Phew, Gardener, can't even reply to all that.

I trust your gut on her "arbitrary" Feb date. But Feb is Feb, and May is May. Time will do what it does.Yep. Other than that mention, I rarely give it a thought

The renter will help so much with mental stress.Oh, most definitely.Hopefully you enjoy the presence of another person around.I really do, so far. My roomie helps a lot with that. Of course, she is also the perfect roomie, so not everyone will have that.

Most most excellent on the swing dancing. Totally great. Thanks.
Speaking as a middle-aged divorced woman (hey, is that me? why, shoot, I guess it is) I would be delighted to have such a man as you show up at class. A man who can handle emotions. Who can look at feelings, life, changes, love, and know what can be good, and how to handle the bad. Who is brave enough to swing dance!
Speaking as a middle-aged divorced man (yep, that's me, too!), I am at a loss as to what to say about your very kind complements. No. No, I'm not: Aver, that was so good to hear - made me feel real good. About me.
Thank you, sincerely, for that.

Keep going. I am. I will. You, too. We'll be fine - all of us.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Donna,
Originally Posted By: Donna...Found
I am seriously considering renting out my finished basement. I would have to install a small bath (gutted when I refi'd), and would have to share the entrance, along with the kitchen at least once in a while (there is already an apt size fridge down there, full bar, micorwave).
Not sure where that thought will end up, though.
Look into it. From what little I now understand of the law, since it's not an apartment, uses same entrance(s) as you, and has common, shared areas (kitchen, etc.) You are basically letting someone under your roof, into your home, so most landlord/tenant laws and rules don't apply.

iow, you don't have to accept the first applicant who says, "I'll take it" and hands you a check. You get to choose who you take. It's your home.
Look it up online or check w/L.
Town & zoning laws? That's another matter. Me, I just have "my cousin from NC staying with me until he gets his own place up here..." whistle

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Donnna,
Gardener - what is that book that you have been recommending all over the place?
found it....nevermind
I'm glad.
Though I really wish I could remember who recommended it to me in the first place!
Hoosiermama, I think.
Whoever, I owe them mucho thanks. It was - and still is - the book I needed just when I needed it!

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
LolaL,
Originally Posted By: LolaL
If you show up at a dance class before our lunch date you are in big trouble Buster! Kidding kiddin LOL!!!
When things ea$e up a bit, don't think Gardener won't up and drive some six hours or so for that invitation and conversation! Wilton to Hilton - gotta be Kismet! grin
Originally Posted By: LolaL
So if I read that right, she gets the house if it doesn't sell by Feb 2011? That's almost an entire year away.Does that mean she will also take over any and all mortgage payments?
If not sold by 5/1/11 she gets to re-occupy - and I'm out - until it sells. She takes over everything

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

H
H
Originally Posted By: Gardener
Donnna,
found it....nevermind
I'm glad.
Though I really wish I could remember who recommended it to me in the first place!
Hoosiermama, I think.
Whoever, I owe them mucho thanks. It was - and still is - the book I needed just when I needed it!

ok, I'll humbly take credit for the book recommendation! wish I remember where I first heard about it...but yes, it was exactly what I needed when I needed it, and catapulted me ahead, out of my stuck state. it was, quite literally, a godsend.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
Page 60 of 101 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard