Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 27 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 26 27
N
N
yes this is my one and only marriage and yes still married (well sort of).

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
T
OP Offline
T
Gotcha. Sorry.

I've been through the marriage game once, if/when I do it again - I do want it to be forever, like I planned for the first one to be wink

It's ridiculous that we've been together going on 5 years and we aren't anywhere near even talking about marriage. Unacceptable! smile

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
K
kml Offline
K
TMW -
Honey, how long have all of us here been TELLING you he wasn't marriage material??????

Have a little faith in yourself - you deserve a much better guy, one who appreciates you, thinks you're fabulous, and is willing to put the same effort into the relationship that you are. He's out there - go find him.

Ellie

N
N
Ellie is spot on!

TMW have you seen the movie or read the book "He's Just Not That Into You" ?

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
T
OP Offline
T
pain setting in.

tears here.

i know i just have to go through it.

thanks ellie & nnp

i have seen he's just not that into you

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
N
N
take it easy, just get through the next 10 minutes and then the next. Take back control over your life.

I gotta tell ya that movie really spoke to me. If a man loves a woman he is going to make the effort to do what it takes to win her. I decided I want a relationship with a man who loves me and will show it rather than one where I have to do all the work.

If I can not have a passionate marriage built on respect, trust, and honesty, I would rather be alone.

Hugs TMW, this guy seems like a drug for you... please for your own well being kick the habit!

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
T
OP Offline
T
Well right or wrong I had to drop something off at his parent's. Only his dad was home. He asked how things were and I told him that I probably won't see him much anymore because bf made a decision Sunday morning that was the final straw. I told him very very briefly about how things went down. He said that bf needs to grow up - plain and simple.

Last night the tears and pain started. I was watching TV, he came home. Started watching a show on DVR. He got a call from that lying piece of crap and paused the TV, was out on the porch talking. Told the person on the phone he'd be out by august.
When he came in I said something about that, he said I was eavesdropping - I told him, he paused the TV and I was waiting for him and he was right out on the porch talking.
I also made a comment to him about him being able to talk to someone but according to him I'm not supposed to talk to anyone about anything. Not sure if his dad called him or something or if he was making a general reference of me talking to my mom but he said "at least I don't call your mom...". I didn't bother to follow up.
I went upstairs, went in the bedroom around 7:30. He came up to ask if I was hungry, then to say he was leaving and he'd be back. I watched TV.
Not sure when he came back, he slept on the couch.

While he was out, my dad sent me a text letting me know before I read it on facebook that he went to the dr and he has skin cancer.
To "cheer" him up I told him about bf. He said it doesn't make him happy that I'm upset and disappointed.

I probably would have stayed home from work today cause my ulcer/acid reflux is kicked up- I have the time off, ...however I have class today, tomorrow and Thursday.

I don't know if it's like a drug. There has been so much time, effort, energy, emotion put into this relationship that it is disappointing for it to end - in any way.
But I have nothing left to give. There is absolutely nothing else that I can do, alone, to make this work. And you are 100% right - if he loved me and wanted to me with me, he'd make the effort and show it.

We'll see what the future holds I guess.

Thanks

N
N
Originally Posted By: Toomanywords
There has been so much time, effort, energy, emotion put into this relationship that it is disappointing for it to end - in any way.

All by you... NONE by him.

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
T
OP Offline
T
exactly and that is the most disappointing fact

T
OP Offline
T
wanted to add more than just that brief post.

i can't wait to go home and go to bed already (it's noon. on lunch break. approx 4 hours till i leave work).
weather gloomy. mood gloomy. sorry for gloomy overtone.

don't really want to do anything to "cheer" up right now.

i'm sure it will be so much easier once he's moved out. not at first, but eventually.

Page 12 of 27 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 26 27

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard