Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 27 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 26 27
L
L
It's in the water. I was yesterday, but I can attest to the fact that it does pass... wink

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

T
OP Offline
T
Sorry it seems to be going around. I know the affect this mood has on me and I know the cause and I know A solution, I just don't know if it is THE solution for me. I know I said this before, but I truly feel and believe it now more than ever that there is nothing else I can say or do, regardless of my heart.

UGH I have a headache.

I really thought about staying home, but I know that would make things worse cause I'd dwell. Not that I'm not now, but I have more distractions at work.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
T
OP Offline
T
Feeling better today. Not sure if this is a full explination for the mood yesterday, but I heard on the news that the pollen and mold count was very very high here in the Midwest.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
T
OP Offline
T
its over

Last edited by Toomanywords; 05/17/10 12:42 PM.

N
N
hugs to you TMW... we are here if you need us.

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
T
OP Offline
T
No idea what the future holds, but I reached my breaking point and yesterday the final straw was laid. He made plans and I told him if he went through with them, he could have a nice life.

Its obviously more complicated than that. If anyone remembers last year around this time, plans that were made. Well, same plans, different year. I'm always an afterthought. All the while I'm trying to make plans and include him from the begining. Not dropping it on him and telling him "tomorrow, if you want to be included, you can spend $X". That is pretty much exactly how it went. So I gave him the choice - I threw the ball back at him - he knew the consequences.

I have a hunch he thinks that I'm not serious. But last night I re-iterated by telling him to let me know a date when he'll be out.

N
N
sorry to say it TMW but he is not going to take you seriously about anything you say, because you have shown him you are not serious about what you say. You are going to have to prove you mean it by actions. Maybe you should tell him what date you want him out and stick to it.

You know I think a lot of you, I see a lot of myself in you and I wish so badly I could keep you from being in my shoes in 20 years. But I know I can't... only you can decide how much $hit you are willing to swallow.

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
T
OP Offline
T
I can at least say that this all feels different this time. I am oddly calm. No tears or anything. I've just reached that breaking point and I can't and won't do this anymore.

Honestly, from here, of course I wish this could be his ultimate wake up call and he would see the error of his ways and make some major life changes. Grow up, make some goals & priorities.
But the reality is that that isn't going to happen. I have to do what is best for me and I can't keep being the only one working on the relationship. I can't keep being an afterthought.

He made his choice and I made mine. From the way I feel right now - it would take an ocean of tears filled with roses with a crystal boat stocked with blackberry wine and lobster to make me even reconsider.
(just trying to be as largely dramatic and slightly funny as possible with my favorite drink and food thrown in)

I'm about to be 29 and 30 comes very shortly after that LOL I thought I would be in a very different place in my life right now, but I'm not and I want and need to make a different path. I want and need to be with someone who has a path so we can see if our paths line up; instead of someone who doesn't even have a path.

i'm babbling, sorry. hope that metephor makes some sort of sense.

N
N
It makes perfect sense to me... I got married when I was 30.

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
T
OP Offline
T
just curious - your marriage at 30 - was that the one that lead you here? sorry my mind isn't with it at the moment - are you currently married?

Page 11 of 27 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 26 27

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard