Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 58 of 101 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 100 101
L
L
Missed that...I have been on this board for I guess about a year and a half, and Jeff (Virtually Handsome) used to be Dry Heat. Someone posted that Jeff was handsome, and one of the mods changed his name to Virtually Handsome and named his regular posters the Rockettes. You will note that MichelleLt is also a Rockette...lol!!!

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

S
S
Congrats on the renter! I really hope it works out well for you.
And I hope the new price on the house is the boost it needs to sell.

Are they predicting good weather during your yard sale? That always helps to get people out and looking- good luck with it!

Hugs, Bunny

W42/H42/M20
S/19,D/17
On My Own: 11/28/09
G
OP Offline
G
Sunny and 74 degrees both days grin

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Hi, all,
I usually check in with all you guys before posting on my own thread, but not tonight: I'll catch up with you tomorrow.
Had a great day!
Tag sale went well. I tagged no items, told people to make a reasonable offer. Most of them offered more than I would have tagged them for, anyway!

Got rid of about 1/3 of what I had (fortunately a LOT of X's past gifts, etc.. Hopefully more tomorrow (today).

Real glad I held on to all those comic books from when I was young and protected them. One guy gave me $220 for seven of them!!

After sale, I went out to local saloon - known for GREAT live bands every weekend -which I've been going to for dinner and fun on Saturday nights recently. Struck up a conversation with tonight's drummer (female, my age) which I didn't know at the time. Nice talk. After dinner, I decided to stay a few minutes to check out the band.

Well, I stayed two hours. GREAT Blues band. Mostly couples, though. Few, if any singles (it's known for its great dance floor in addition to great bands). Still, I struck up conversations with several couples. Had a great ol' smiling time.

A bit jealous watching smiling, obviously devoted couples dancing. And to Gardener, dancing is, if not vertical sex, it's certainly vertical foreplay!

At one point they invited - insisted - everybody get up to dance, so what the hell. I did. Danced alone. Wound up dancing some "threesomes" with willing/inviting couples.

Later, after the show, I chatted again with drummer. Gave her my phone number (for conversation, company), rather than ask her for hers, for what it's worth. She seemed receptive. We'll see, but I did it. (yet another big 180 for in-his-shell Gardener).
Had a blast. Even if nothing comes of phone number.

Don't know if I posted this before, but tonight I didn't miss dancing with X (which we did a lot), just missed dancing with somebody, anybody, in general.

This goes along with feeling lately that I don't miss sex, sleeping with, hanging with, talking with, holding hands with, etc. X anymore.

I miss sex, sleeping with, hanging with, talking with, holding hands with, etc.,...someone. Anyone.

A good sign, I think.

I need a date.

Last edited by Gardener; 05/16/10 05:58 AM.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

H
H
yes, I think it's a sign of another corner turned when one begins to realize that we don't necessarily miss the person, we miss the activity or the feelings or the role or the interaction.

sounds as if you're doing very well, and growing all the time. gotta love a woman drummer!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
C
C
Gardener, I'm with you. I don't miss the times with STBXW -- all the really good ones were so long ago that it's hard to remember -- I miss the times of going out with someone and having a really good time.

When you find someone it's going to be soooo much better than it was before.

I know that. Patience is hard though.

Keep on going.

Me: 47, Ds 17-13, D final 6-11
http://tinyurl.com/yk4e2tz
http://tiny.cc/thread2
http://tinyurl.com/ydtphqu
http://tinyurl.com/thread4
http://tinyurl.com/3sm78k6
http://tinyurl.com/thread6
S
S
I'm glad you had a great time Gardener. I'm impressed-keep that up!

W42/H42/M20
S/19,D/17
On My Own: 11/28/09
A
A
Good on ya, Gardener!

Couples things do just suck, but we have to suck it up and get out there. Maybe a couple will bring along their single friend; maybe there will be a drummer; maybe who you thought was a couple are just dancing buddies.

I'm so happy that you got out there and had a good time.

Are you ready to start thinking about thinking about dating? Remember chatterbug's attitude: a nice time, with a nice person. Not a big deal. Warming up those old dating skills.

And great on the renter. It will be nice to have the $ and the company.

Always thinking of you---

G
G
"I miss sex, sleeping with, hanging with, talking with, holding hands with, etc.,...someone. Anyone."

I can say that also but Im not as far along as you unfortunately.
Still feel a bit of guilt when I am out with my friend or a date.

And I still miss my XW. For the life of me I dont know why because I really cant remember the last time she was even civil with me much less nice or affectionate towards me. I keep drawing blanks on that. But when you love someone as much as I did, you even miss arguing with them. Strange but true.

I only wish I were as detached as you are right now. Trying to get there.

Me:48
W:55
M:22
T:23
Bomb:19Nov09
S:15Jan10
D:11Feb10
EA:Confirmed on 20Apr10
Fast track to her divorcing me
G
G
Quote:
This goes along with feeling lately that I don't miss sex, sleeping with, hanging with, talking with, holding hands with, etc. X anymore.

I miss sex, sleeping with, hanging with, talking with, holding hands with, etc.,...someone. Anyone.

Amen, brother. I'm right there with you. And, yes, it IS a good sign.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
Page 58 of 101 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard