Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 56 of 101 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 100 101
A
A
Ooooh, ouch on the false phone number.

But you are right--the important thing was stepping out of your zone. And as a woman, yes, it can be way too scary to hand out info. I hear Jeffrey Dahlmer was charming, too.

I'm with Flowmom on the MC thing. I hope you can keep it something that DOESN'T eat up your heart with anger and vengeance. If your engaging in the battle can protect someone else, good. If you are doing it mainly out of anger, well---ask yourself if it is worth the emotional energy.

Your new IC sounds great. Mine, too, has asked me to have more compassion for myself. Take it easy on myself. Sigh.

Keep going out, keep saying hi to people, and the rose to the office manager was PERFECT! what a lovely thing to have done.

L
L
Hey at least you made the call! Bravo!!!!!

If you were closer, I'd give you my real phone number wink

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

S
S
Quote:
Hey at least you made the call! Bravo!!!!!

Agreed- nice job. Keep it up, Gardener!

W42/H42/M20
S/19,D/17
On My Own: 11/28/09
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: poet
I was just about to rush over to the other universe and give you my phone number.
Originally Posted By: LolaL
If you were closer, I'd give you my real phone number wink
Hey, two for two! Ego-boost!.
Gardener can travel, y'know. laugh And, LolaL: closer/shmoser: you did invite me to lunch over at the Goals For Surviving thread don't forget (I haven't grin ) And I was semi-sorta in your neck of the woods a few years back: spent a weekend checking out R.I.T. with Stepson & X. Highlight for Gardener? Seeing Lake Erie for the first time.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

L
L
Well then, Gardener, you must travel!!! We have great places for lunch!

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

G
OP Offline
G
Going to bed now. Early for a change, lately. Tired.
But first, I want to sentimentally say that the hour or so I spend with you people each night means the world to me. You are all so special.
Couldn't have made it these pst 11 months since finding this site without each and every one of you.
Peace.
Bill

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

L
L
I so know that feeling. I have been here for a year and a half, and had I not had the support of all the wonderful people that I have met, I don't think I would have gotten through this!

Hope you slept well!

K
K
Funny how going through Hell together can bring people closer. I have made some great friends here and hope to meet them in real life soon!!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
G
OP Offline
G
Journaling,

Just politely emailed X a simple question about a piece of furniture and the whereabouts of a key.

She answered my two questions politely (or at least neutrally) and then said that our realtor didn't know a thing about a house comment I recently relayed to her. She ended it with
Originally Posted By: X
Oh, one other thing.
I spoke to Realtor about the (issue). Funny. He didn't know what I was talking about.
Nice to know you're still lying to me when it suits you. Reaffirms my decision every time.
I replied, thanking her for her answer about furniture and key. I told her that I had asked realtor about my part of (issue) and
Originally Posted By: Gardener
Perhaps I misunderstood Realtor when he was here and I asked him (issue). I thought his reply re: me applied to you, too. I apologize for making that assumption by extension.
And, really, the snottiness and false accusation is uncalled for.
Funny, as I go through the anger stage, I find that my anger is about X's walking away, D'ing, editing, demonizing (like above), etc. IOW, I'm angry mostly about things in the past.

This comment bothered me not at all and I felt no need to respond - respond in kind, that is.

Felt good, but still I find myself wondering if I'm detached or just "taking" her e-spew and thus reverting to conflict-avoidance-at-all-costs.

Probably it's just that I don't give a sh!t anymore and will give her neither satisfaction, ammo, nor "evidence" that she's "right" about Demon Me. smile

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

I
I
Gardener, I think your reply was spot on!

That's the way to do it- be the calm, cool and collected one but still put her in her place if she acts childish but in a detached way like you did.

Last edited by StupidRomeo; 05/13/10 04:49 AM.

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
Page 56 of 101 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard