Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 47 of 101 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 100 101
G
OP Offline
G
fm, thanks. At least last night's insomnia was the first one in a while. New IC is very attuned into The Journey from Abandonment to Healing and will use it as part of our session work. But she absolutely insisted I buy You Are The One You've Been Waiting For by F.C. Scwarz and get started on it.

Ordered it last night. Amazon didn't have it so I wound up getting it from The Center For Self Leadership

www.selfleadership.org

Which looks like a very interesting wbsite/organization, though I only skimmed it after purchasing the book.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
hm,
Originally Posted By: hoosiermama
have you tried valerian? it's an herb, works on the same receptors as Valium and that group of drugs, but has none of the side effects. gotta take the pill form, tho, and not the tea--it smells like dirty socks. but it works very very well, and is so safe that it's recommended during pregnancy.
Yep, got that, too. Never could quite put my finger on that smell but you nailed it. Valium was actually an attempt by pharma to synthesize valerian so they could patent it ($$$, of course).

Hey, you want another great calmness/sleep herb with a putrid smell and awful name? Try Skullcap. Puts me right out!

Anyway, no insomnia tonight, so thanks all and goodnight tired

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

H
H
Originally Posted By: Gardener
hm,
have you tried valerian? it's an herb, works on the same receptors as Valium and that group of drugs, but has none of the side effects. gotta take the pill form, tho, and not the tea--it smells like dirty socks. but it works very very well, and is so safe that it's recommended during pregnancy.
Yep, got that, too. Never could quite put my finger on that smell but you nailed it. Valium was actually an attempt by pharma to synthesize valerian so they could patent it ($$$, of course).

Hey, you want another great calmness/sleep herb with a putrid smell and awful name? Try Skullcap. Puts me right out!

Anyway, no insomnia tonight, so thanks all and goodnight tired

really? I did not know that about valerian!! Six years in the poison control center, and you've just taught me something new! Skullcap, eh? I don't usually have trouble sleeping, but I'll keep that in mind! hope you slept well.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
H
H
fm, thanks. At least last night's insomnia was the first one in a while. New IC is very attuned into The Journey from Abandonment to Healing and will use it as part of our session work. But she absolutely insisted I buy You Are The One You've Been Waiting For by F.C. Scwarz and get started on it.

Ordered it last night. Amazon didn't have it so I wound up getting it from The Center For Self Leadership

www.selfleadership.org

Which looks like a very interesting wbsite/organization, though I only skimmed it after purchasing the book.

ok, now I gotta check it out. we are book-like-minded.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
H
H
g-man--you like that inner-child, inner-family stuff, eh?! it's good stuff...kinda odd in the beginning, but it really works.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
F
F
It sounds like she's a great person to work with! I look forward to reading about how it goes...

me: 42 | STBXH: 41 | T: 18 | M: 10 | separation: Jan 3, 2010 | they deserve better: S7 & D4
current thread: http://tinyurl.com/3y8sxcp
.: first breathe, then heal, then start LIVING :.
G
OP Offline
G
hm,
g-man--you like that inner-child, inner-family stuff, eh?! it's good stuff...kinda odd in the beginning, but it really works.
Yep, ever since John Bradshaw's work in the late 70s/early 80s.

It probably sounds odd - if not schizophrenic - but my real name is Bill and when my thinking goes "wrong," Bill usually has a talk with Billy, validates him, reassures him, and, as author Terry Real says, tells him to take his sticky little hands off the steering wheel! smile

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
fm,
Originally Posted By: flowmom
It sounds like she's a great person to work with! I look forward to reading about how it goes...
She is. Don't recall if I mentioned this in a previous post, but I "interviewed" three potential new ICs. I could tell she was good and that she was a no-nonsense person, but what decided it for me was that after spending an hour with her, as i was walking to my car I felt - as odd as this might sound - cared for.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

H
H
That is just excellent! no doubt it indicates that "Billy" was engaged as well as "Bill." And if you're doing that kind of work--and it seems you know what works for you, and inner child stuff does--that's exactly the kind of feeling you want to have.

Love Bradshaw, btw. Always have.

Self-aware men are hot. wink

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
C
C
I just picked up "The Journey from Abandonment to Healing." I like what I'm reading so far.

Me: 47, Ds 17-13, D final 6-11
http://tinyurl.com/yk4e2tz
http://tiny.cc/thread2
http://tinyurl.com/ydtphqu
http://tinyurl.com/thread4
http://tinyurl.com/3sm78k6
http://tinyurl.com/thread6
Page 47 of 101 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard