OP Offline
P
No problem Tal.

If you love somebody, set them free.
http://tinyurl.com/2empx2g
S
S
Hey Pearl,

Just trying to catch up. I'm still posting on my MLC thread. If you make it to Charlotte or Atlanta let me know. I'm just 2 hours from either city. Is it a definite that your BF will be traveling so much? I bet he was surprised at how calmly you handled the news?

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Bomb & moved out 4/07 "My feelings have changed" & "I want to live by myself".
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

P
OP Offline
P
Hi Silver!

You know I was totally thinking about you when Atlanta came up. BF just got back from there tonight. I ended up not going because by the time he knew the dates the ticket was $500 and he was only there for two days. He'll most likely be going back so I plan on going with next time. The only problem is that it will be during the week so I figured you'd be at school.

Yes, he definitely will be travelling a lot. So much so that he's getting a bonus for doing this project. I asked if it was a "Pearl will be pissed that you're gone so much" bonus and he said yes. grin

I'm not sure how he took my reaction. I think he was a little hurt because I said I'd be fine on my own, I've done it before. That just slipped out but I honestly didn't mean it maliciously. And of course the non-confrontational non-communicative BF just looked at me and said nothing. It's frustrating but I refuse to drag his feelings out of him all the time. He needs to learn to speak up.

I'll let you know when I have some dates. It will probably take another week or two for them to get a schedule together.

D
D
How are you doing today Pearl? Were you able to work things out with BF?

1st
2nd
3rd
Current
P
OP Offline
P
Hi Dudess

I'm fine, thanks for asking. It's fine with BF, too. Just one of those things that we always argue about and will continue to argue about. He invited people over to the house without telling me. I hate that because I want to make sure the house is at least picked up if someone is coming. He doesn't think it's a big deal even after years of me saying it is a big deal to me. Then he says, "Fine, well I'm just not going to go out now." (The guys were coming here to meet him and go out together.) What does that have to do with anything?? Nothing. The issue was that he didn't tell me, not anything to do with him going out. Grr.

But things like that do set me off and I start to wonder again if I would rather just be single.

P
OP Offline
P
Ok, I just might keep him.

I don't know if he sensed some ambivalence or annoyance lately (not a lot but definitely some lingering)...just Friday I was at Whole Foods looking at the flowers thinking it has been a while and I want some spring blooms as a pick-me-up. I didn't buy them for myself because I've already overspent this month's budget but made a mental note to get some next week.

Today I was at my weekly volunteer gig and came back from an off-site meeting to find flowers on my desk. Note read, Happy Monday! Love, BF

It's because I once told him I only like to have flowers delivered if I'm at work so I can enjoy them all day and everyone else can enjoy them too. But I haven't had a job in a few years so he hasn't sent me flowers since then. He also decided it meant I didn't want to get flowers at all which is definitely not true! I just don't see the point in paying extra for delivery if it's just coming to the house.

Anyway, it was a lovely surprise and made my day.

A
A
Ahhhh, that's so sweet!

Definitely worth giving him another chance.

Me47
H46
S13
M16
Piecing since May/09

"Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it." Lou Holtz
D
D
The flowers are a lovely gesture. I'm glad he did that.

Originally Posted By: pearlharbr
Just one of those things that we always argue about and will continue to argue about. He invited people over to the house without telling me. I hate that because I want to make sure the house is at least picked up if someone is coming. He doesn't think it's a big deal even after years of me saying it is a big deal to me.

I would find this very annoying too. I'm not clear whether he is saying that having the house picked up when people come over just isn't a big deal to him, and therefore he has trouble remembering to inform you,

or

Is he saying it isn't a big deal to him and therefore it shouldn't be a big deal to you either, so he's not going to bother telling you?

If the latter, I find that troubling. Sometimes things matter to other people that don't matter to us. When the request is so simple, we don't have to understand it or agree with it, you just give the other person the simple courtesy.

Is there anything which is important to him that you don't think is a big deal that you might start 'forgetting' to do? whistle

1st
2nd
3rd
Current
M
M
Yes, Pearl, keep him!

Haven't been over here in ages! LOVE the initiative by the BF!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
R
R
Very thoughtful gesture by BF. He does seem to be trying....

Page 38 of 43 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 42 43

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard