Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
G
G
Quote:
you guys are such liars ...

and you gals know exactly what men like ...

YEP...... I can honestly say that the first thing that is attractive to me is looks. If she doesn't pass the looks test, she is out. If she passes the looks test, then I like eye contact. Eye contact says much......

If she passes that.... Is she friendly....

If she passes that... Does she laugh freely and often at my stupid jokes....

and it proceeds on in this fashion.......

I don't like b*tches... Done deal if I get that vibe....
UNLESS..... she is a knockout... knockouts get second chances... grin

D
D
Puppy said: "Women SAY they want a strong, confident man, and then they proceed to nag him and emasculate him, and tell him how he's doing everything wrong."

The thing is, with a truly strong, confident man, he will not ALLOW her to nag him or emasculate him. He will force her back down if she is simply trying to test him...and yes, we do try to test him.

DQ

G
G
Quote:
The thing is, with a truly strong, confident man, he will not ALLOW her to nag him or emasculate him. He will force her back down if she is simply trying to test him...and yes, we do try to test him.

EXCELLENT observation. True on all accounts

M
M
Originally Posted By: gucci loafer

I don't like b*tches... Done deal if I get that vibe....
UNLESS..... she is a knockout... knockouts get second chances... grin

This is so dam* funny! I hear ya!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
D
D
Here is what my husband claims to like about me, supposedly not in this order, but this is the order I assume he liked me first, second, and third....

*T*

*A*

*Heart*

G
G
Your husband sounds a lot like me...... I can relate to him..

I believe you also have them in the correct order..

laugh

Last edited by gucci loafer; 03/26/10 10:34 PM.
C
C
This forum is actually an interesting study of what men and women like and don't like. I have never really counted but there seems to be an even mix of men and women or pretty close to even. Obviously a main theme all brought us here and while that is usually the topic of conversation you can sort of see personalities come through (to a certain extent) without ever knowing what the people you "talk" to on here look like "in person".

Maybe it is different for women but somebody could look like Johnny Depp (insert your hot man here) but if their attitude stinks I won't give them the time of day as far as getting to know them better. I realize you can't always judge somebody personality on a first meeting but if the vibe is not something I like I really won't look past that too far (maybe wrong?).

When I met my H it was sort of forced. We were hired at the same company and happened to get paired up as training partners. While he certainly is not ugly I had no real feelings about his looks either way. I did notice he had really nice eyes but I tend to notice attractive things about PEOPLE. There is a lady in my building that has the most gorgeous hair you have even seen. I admire it all the time so I am not sure it's a male/female thing for me totally.

Anyhow, my H and I became fast friends... we had lots in common and when you are stuck in a tiny room with somebody for 8 hours per day (our training lasted 2 months) you tend to shoot the breeze with them. We were friends for about 6 months before he asked me out and I was shocked when he did. I was far more attracted to what I got to know about him then I ever was his looks. To me, what I learned about him as our friendship grew was what I was drawn to and he became *very* good looking to me.

Obviously I don't have much respect for him now but I really think if I just randomly saw him and didn't know him I honestly probably would not be drawn in on his looks alone. But maybe that is not a fair thing to say as the history is intense.

Maybe that is the big difference between men and women. Sure, we all are attracted to what we feel is visually appealing but I wonder if women look past "the look" at a more rapid pace then men do?

G
G
Yes. Women do look past the look much faster than most of the men I know.....

Interesting that you sound like you wouldn't give Johnny Depp the time of day if he was a jerk even though he was chasing you..

I would have to see that in reality to believe it though.. wink

C
C
Okay, I will modify and say I might give Johnny Depp the time of day (or night, lol!) but otherwise, NO!

If this happens IRL I will let you know smile

C
C
My sister and I still laugh about this...

We noticed when we first met my stepdad he wore VELCRO SNEAKERS. We told my mom and she said she never even noticed, lol!

Thankfully she convinced him to get rid of those horrid things but we could not believe she didn't notice big old white Velcro sneakers. Now when he buys new clothes (even if he is with my mom) he calls "the kids" (my sister and I = the kids) for approval smile

Velcro sneakers are NOT visually appealing (especially the suckers he had) so women must see past "the look" quick!

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard