Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
#1967324 03/26/10 04:08 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I have heard so much recently about how women like strong men with backbones, etc.

Guys (and girls) please fill us in - what attracts a man? If we can put all women in one basket as wanting a strong, confident man, surely there are some traits that men look for.

Help us gals out.

Positive Lifetime Attitude Award: http://tinyurl.com/2dssttf

H in MLC?: http://tinyurl.com/23fabv8

Infidelity: Expose or Not? http://tinyurl.com/26ksmfj
S
S
I am so following this thread and looking forward to the answers! smile

May All Who Seek To Take My Life
Be Put To Shame And Confusion;
May All Who Desire My Ruin
Be Turned Back In Disgrace.
~Psalm 40:14~
F
F
Seriously, read Why Men Love Bitches. Spells it out in detail. The attitude. How to get them in pursuer mode. How to show self-confidence and self-respect. Written specially for all of us nice women wink

me: 42 | STBXH: 41 | T: 18 | M: 10 | separation: Jan 3, 2010 | they deserve better: S7 & D4
current thread: http://tinyurl.com/3y8sxcp
.: first breathe, then heal, then start LIVING :.
W
W
Who gives a crap?

Somehow it was the first thing to pop into my mind when I saw a thread title. Written under the influence of anger.

We need some males on this thread.

Part 1 Part 2
V
V
Confidence is good.
A smile is good.
Eye contact, kind of goes with confidence.
I like someone that doesn't panic the first time something goes a bit different than the plan.

It's going to sound trite, but I have a feeling that if you are happy with yourself, men will find you attractive.

K
K
I'd imagine that what men find attractive is what women find attractive in a partner: love, honesty, respect, similar life goals, kindness, & physical chemistry.

But that seems to apply mostly to people who are in a healthy space to seek out healthy partnerships.

For unhealthy, insecure, lying, or deceitful people, they seek out easy conquests, love without responsibility, enablers, or casual sex.

So depending on the state of being of the person, I imagine attractiveness has a sliding scale based on the individual's state of mind rather than any global or stereotypical (or generic) traits.

So happy secure guys look for happy secure women.
Unhappy guys seek out women they can "fix" or "f_ck" to make themselves feel better.

S
S
It really does depend on the man:

I like:

A woman who can put her hands in the dirt and garden and not worry about her nails. I've always gone for the more 'toomboy' woman, but that's just me. I M was hyper-critical and a fault finder - definitely a trait I don't like at all.

I like a woman who can go out with minimal makeup and not feel insecure.

If she can wear a baseball cap that's extra points.

I've never been into the 'glamor' thing, but some men want only that.

I think a lot of the same traits that women like in a man: sense of humor, can stand up for herself and not people please, can be responsible for her part in the relationship and work on issues she might have. I'm sure there's more.

I think the point is it depends on the man and what kind of woman you are.

I also believe attraction happens on a subconscious level even though we think we are 'picking' that person somehow.

My 2 cents.

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
S
S
passenger... i have been dying to know the same thing, I always read that for the guys on here with the WAW, they say to be assertive and all that cause thats what a woman wants in her man,and the going dark thing and GAL would prob really help, but for girls??? i just dont know either....

Me: 25
H:25
M: 2yrs
T: 4yrs
No Kids
Bomb: 11 Feb 10
Newcomers Story
W
W

1.) Honest
2.) Communication
3.) Realizes at times life beats down her man and he will need someone to lean on when it seems like the whole world is against him. (work,finances,house repairs)
4.) Sex with passion and intamacy, not just a F...
5.) One that does not question where the money comes from when her husband buys her an expensive gift. (I like to buy my wife diamonds and she yells at me everytime I do)
6.) Lets her husband help out with things and doesnt nag when he does not do them her way. Who cares if the damn towel is a bit crooked when folded.
7.) When running out to McDonalds for a takeout, please go with me when I ask, I spend so much time at work even those few short minutes with you alone mean the world to me.
8.) Let me be the man I am trying to be and dont nag me because the paint that I just used to cover the hole in the wall doesnt match within an exact gradient if you look at it in broad daylight. Or when I say we will do this at this time, dont bitch about it till the point I give in for fear of making you mad.
9) When I come home from work, I dont expect dinner to be on the table, but it would be nice to find a clean cup in the cabinet instead of in the sink cause you have been "busy" all day watching soaps or playing warcraft.
10) When I ask what is wrong, dont just say "Oh nothing" and then run in the bedroom and cry. I love you, I want to be there to comfort you against the storms that come your way, but I cannot due that if you dont let me in. I cannot always fix the problem, but I can be a shelter from some of the hurt.
11.) Last but not least, DO NOT EVEN CHEAT ON ME OR YOUR ASS WILL BE OUT THE DOOR SO FAST YOUR HEAD WILL SPIN.

And thats what I would/will look for in another woman if my sticth goes south. Many of the things above could be switch around to "looks for in a man". Oh yeh, a nice ass doesnt hurt either!!!! OMG YEH I WENT THERE!!!! smile

M:40
W:40
D: 21
S: 18
D: 17
Md: 18 years
-1/19/2010 W wants out
-6/03/10 "Live for today, for tomorrow is promised to no-one.."
P
P
CONFIDENCE.

A demeanor that says "I WANT you, but I don't NEED you (to "complete" me or some other b.s.)."

Eye contact.

A woman who doesn't just want to talk about HERSELF all the time.

Someone with passions, interests, PURPOSE to her life.

Humor.

Physically: eyes, teeth, legs.

Puppy

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard