Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 31 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 30 31
R
R
Yes, CT mandates it. But just because you go to a class doesn't mean that this woman will actually take any of the info to heart. It is sad...

M
M
Originally Posted By: Donna...Found
Yes, CT mandates it. But just because you go to a class doesn't mean that this woman will actually take any of the info to heart. It is sad...

True! I should have thought of that before I posted.

F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Mattie,

Donna is right. Three Wednesday nights won't make your personality less "disordered"! She didn't get this way overnight.

OK....when will this thread lock......I've never had one go for so long.......maybe cuz I post less?

Annnnyyyyyywayyyyy...........got into it with GymWoman last night. Trying to keep too may balls in the air, and some of the egss occassionally fall on the floor.

STBX was, at one time, going to be deposed again today, after her lawyer brought the last one to a halt trying to settle. Gym Woman and I went to NYC this weekend, saw a great play, and stayed in Times Square. A really great time.

When she asked me last night if STBX was going to be deposed tday, I said "Oh. I don't know, I forgot to check"

I always defer to my lawyer. I hadn't heard from him, so I figured it was off.

Gym Woman is apopplectic and now thinks I'm delaying my divorce and stringing her along, despite a year and a half of good times (except STBX's behavior) As though I can call my attorney and say..."NO! I want my trial NOW!"

From my standpoint, I'm just letting the lawyer do what I hired him for. Because I am not being super-aggressive, she feels I now don't want to get divorced. Now, it couldn't be further from the truth. I can't wait to un=as& STBX It's never easy.

Some days, it was easier being in Salah-a-Din Province Iraq! A successful day was doing your job and staying alive.............

R
R
Um, I know that you have been having a great time and all, but.....

red flags are flying everywhere, here.

A danger of getting involved while still married, I'm afraid. Hopefully she will calm her sh!t - desperate isn't attractive (we have learned that the hard way!)

Man, I think I've gotten pretty jaded.

Take care of YOU, and your kids.

W
W
IMHO Donna's right on the money.

Quote:
Gym Woman is apopplectic and now thinks I'm delaying my divorce and stringing her along, despite a year and a half of good times (except STBX's behavior) As though I can call my attorney and say..."NO! I want my trial NOW!"

What's the rush? You are no more or less married when she started dating you. You guys got marriage plans? Be careful that you're not signing up for another dose of what you see in your rear view mirror....

Make no major changes or decisions for 1 year post D - best advice I ever received....

WT

M
M
I guess I broke that one buying a house! LMAO

Maybe Gym Woman had her second thoughts about her D and thinks you are too. She obviously is projecting some kind of insecurity onto you.

Maybe stepping back would work. Tell her she's right, you need to focus on the D. So you won't see her for a while so you can spend more time working on it. LOL.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I think she fell for my rugged good looks, my incredible well-developed sense of humor, and my love for God and country! (I'm kidding.........)

She got "Blind Sided" just like Sandra Bullock! Her husband left her and her kids in the dust for a secretary who dumped him after she had an affaIr with a guy whose wife just gave birth to twins. She was unhappy TOO, but never saw that coming!

He said the secretary was his (here it comes...wait for it.....WAIIITTTT FORR ITTTTTTTT......... SEND IT!).................."Soul Mate" OMF$! Governer Sanford and the Appalachian Trail!!!!!!!!!

We're ALL gonna look over our shoulders forever........

Last edited by FLTC; 03/24/10 01:28 AM.
H
H
Oh FL, I live in SC. I voted for that damned man. He deluded me into understanding my X more than anyone ever will. Here was a man who related to so many, then didn't care about anything he ever SAID he believed in because he found his "soul mate". So he was a person who ws not really real. He allowed his libido to impact his actions nd his sons will pay the price for decades. What a creep.

That jerk is history. He is so incdonsequential. There is not a human in this state that believes he means anything. We hope he moves to Argentina and leaves us alone. Really. We hope that one of his soms one day becomes the man he was supposed to be. This man is a coward, just like smarmyboss.

F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hey Folks!

Thanks for looking in on me. Just another "third-order effect/collateral damage" to divorce. D17 (Now D18 as of last Saturday!) just got accepted into one of the best colleges in the nation (Not Ivy, just below) She's gone through hell and back with her eating disorder. She's worked like a dog since 5th grade at her own hand to get into a good school. Maturity beyond her years. She has expressed interest in going to medical school, but who knows. A 4.3 student (OMG!)

Anyway, $50,100 a year ! Yep Sticker Shock. If we were not in the throes of a divorce all 80% of STBX’s salary would easily take care of this, bit it’s not to be had. Even with my GI Bill transfer, scholarships and loans, it won’t come close.

Yep. She got accepted to UCONN as well. Great school…got it, but another opportunity taken away. I try to explain do well in a good school, don’t acquire a huge debt, and save it for med school. I know it can be explained to her, a growth experience, school of hard knocks, that’s life…I got it…..but….just another “could have been”. Things will work out. I really understand that, but the ONLY reason she can’t go to her school of first choice is divorce.

O
O
Have you talked to the financial aid people yet? Top schools want the students they pick and a good many of them have a policy of figuring out something that will work so that they don't lose a student for financial reasons. This is, BTW, why Ivy's don't give merit scholarships anymore, but only need-based assistance.

Best,
Oldtimer
Page 26 of 31 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 30 31

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard