P
Starting a new new thread as the last one was getting large:

Here are my previous threads

First
Second
Third
Fourth
Fifth

I have not posted much lately as not much has changed in my sitch, W is still living with OM and I'm enjoying life with my kids. Anyway, here are some of things I have been doing lately:

Walking, walking and more walking especially now that its getting slightly warmer outside smile
Lifting weights at the gym in my building at work.

My W has been seeing the kids a little more which I think is great (still not a lot but better than before) and we have gone to parent meetings together. Its been nice and civil, which makes me miss her but I have laid her at the cross and am moving forward with my life. I do pray for her everyday and for a path for my marriage which I have left in the Lord’s hands.

Work has been crazy but I’m more involved with different opportunities and facilitating meetings and leading projects. My company is making money which is a wonderful blessing in this economy. We still are not hiring people but at least the layoffs are easing up.

Still attending the divorce support group I joined in Feb 2009, which meets every other Friday. In addition, we meet up on other days for a variety of activities. Including, movies, dining, walks, sporting events, etc... I came up with a calendar online so we can add events to share for one another thus people can come when they are free. Its been a great experience.

Today, I took a vacation day from work as I needed a day off. Went to mass, then walked to a bookstore in the next town and bought a couple of books. "Smart Women Finish Rich" by David Bach, for a friend of mine whose birthday is Monday and the other book was recommend on this forum from 25yearsmlc - "Blue Like Jazz" from Donald Miller. Read the first 3 chapters and can't wait to read more....

Looking forward to baseball season, both the White Sox and my boys seasons. S16's season starts with a double header on March 20th in downtown Chicago....should be very windy and cold wink

ppenton -
Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the Lord ~ Psalms 119:1

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
Met OM 10/10/08; Bomb 12/27/08; Moved in with OM 01/27/09
Me stronger and happier everyday!
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Today walked with a couple of friends for about 12 miles or so.

Then met my mom and SIL for lunch. They wanted to talk to me without any kids or distractions.
They are concerned that I have not "moved on" as in with another woman. I told them that I am very happy with life right now and taking care of my kids.

In addition, I have not given up on my marriage, well my mom is convinced that you NEED to have someone (a partner) in order to be truly happy. I tried to explain that is not true, that happiness comes from within but she was not buying it. Anyway, I know they are very concerned and worry that I will be alone but again I tried to tell them that I will be fine no matter what happens as the Lord will take care of me.
However, we did have a good lunch as we did not only talk about my M and me smile

I was glad we did have time to talk and voice all our concerns. My SIL was a LBS from her first H and she thinks I'm actually doing very well in my sitch.

So, tonight S14 and I will go with my parents to help out at a homeless shelter then go to babysit my niece grin

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
chillin and watching the Oscars

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
C
C
It must be difficult that your mom isn't supporting the path you're choosing. But, at the same time, maybe she is terrified of being alone and is projecting those feelings of insecurity on you. It's good to see that you were able to handle the negativity with such ease!

Good job, keep up the good work!

Me: 26
Ex: 27
Son: 5

Divorced: 3/2010
Each day is another opportunity to do it right.
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
It can be challenging when people don’t support you 100%, however, I do realize she cares about my best interests. I agree she maybe projecting her insecurities as my parents are getting up there in age. I do have support from many other areas (friends, family, church, this board, etc) so I’m looking at this as a blessing to give me another perspective/outlook on what I may not be able to see as I’m in the middle of this storm. I’ll just keep on keeping on smile

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Tonight went to a near by church as they had an Evening of Forgiveness. We watched the film "A Justice that Heals" and had small group discussions about this tragedy and acceptance. Afterwards, the minister lead us with a forgiveness meditation. A very healing night.

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
W, S14 and I went this morning to register S14 for his high school classes!

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard