Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 101 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 100 101
C
C
Feeling any better? Lack of sleep can be an absolute killer.

Do you like tea? My sister bought me a great tea that is called "sleepy time" and it is very relaxing to sip before bed.

G
G
I've only needed it a few times, but a couple of Tylenol PM do the trick for me. Just don't make it a habit.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks, B.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Bunny, CityGirl, gima,

- I'll keep the solitaire idea in mind.

- I love tea: Sleepytime, chamomile, Skullcap (what an herb name! But, try it. It zonks me right out!)

- I usually take melatonin, gima.

But did I think of any of these things last night - or the last few times?
Nope. When I get to thinking at that level, I may be thinking, but I'm sure not thinking straight! crazy

And now, I am off to bed. sleep

First time I ever used that emoticon.^

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

S
S
Valerian is another nice herbal alternative for getting some sleep. Also "Simply Sleep" is Tylenol PM without the pain medicine.

I like to find a BORING book to put me to sleep.

Sleep tight, Gardener.

G
G
Hey G'Man..

When I'm fretting, thinking about everything, I'll think.. Well I'll just go take care of this right now. The thought of acting on it puts me to sleep pronto (especially laundry).

I've found hugging a pillow close is soothing. I'm almost tempted to sneak in a stuffed animal but.... one thing at a time.

Or you can try getting in a comfortable position, do not move and do not swallow. Old Tibetan meditation trick.

And you can always change the tape in your mind.

*hugs*

G
OP Offline
G
Sister,
Originally Posted By: Sister
Valerian is another nice herbal alternative for getting some sleep. Also "Simply Sleep" is Tylenol PM without the pain medicine.
Yes! That's in my arsenal, too. And did you know that Valium was the Pharmaceutical Industry's attempt to synthesize and magnify Valerian's properties?

And to patent it. whistle

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
G-Woman,

1) I like this one.
2) At this point, hugging a pillow in bed somehow just ain't gonna do it for me. Nope. wink
3) I've heard of this...
4) Ah, speaking of changing the tape (or at least screwing with its "mechanism"):

Eckhart Tolle (The Power of Now, A New Earth, etc.) has a good one (has many, actually). Like most seekers, spiritual leaders, religions, he believes that Being is our true birthright, true state and ultimate goal.

Every religion/belief system has a name for what Tolle describes as "a voice in your head that never stops thinking, the stream of incessant and compulsive thinking." He says it is NOT normal but we don't know this because we all have it. *But I digress and ramble: one of his many - and simplest - strategies against this is to challenge it by promoting it. i.e., when your thinking becomes compulsively incessant, ask yourself (your mind), "I wonder what my next thought will be?" And you will detect, experience, a momentary feeling of pure consciousness (being without thinking). And it works! I think of it as a way to stump your own mind. Tolle says it grows in length beyond just momentary with repetition. I haven't incorporated it enough to say I repeat it often, but when the incessant thinking becomes overwhelming, I do employ that challenging little question. Stops that sucker dead in its tracks. Every time. Even if only for a nano-second.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

I
I
Hmm. I like that Gardener, I have that Tolle book, but have not read it yet, I think I may try that "I wonder what my next thought will be?" when I find myself in thinking overdrive.

Peace, hope all is well with you, and you get some much needed sleep!

Last edited by iwantittowork; 02/25/10 03:58 AM.

M: 41
STBXW: 41
D: 9
Bomb: 4/26/09

On board the D train now..

"Suffering is when we try to change what we cannot."
A
A
Hey G.

Just wanted to let you know there's an OTC sleeping med. called doxylamine. It's the best for me. I can get it at Wal-Mart in their generic Equate brand. Works great...and with NO hangover feeling.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
Page 24 of 101 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard