Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 37 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 36 37
R
OP Offline
R
HUGE corner turned!! I get the difference between single and alone - I'm not lonely. Life is good. Never thought I would ever feel that way again, but here I am!

M
M
That's awesome Donna!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
S
Donna,

You have to become comfortable with yourself before you can ever be with someone else. Not that you NEED to be part of a couple. I found that I learned to like beind single when I finally came to terms with it. And if I was single again - I know I'd be fine.

Many of my divorced friends are not in a couple situation nor do they wish to me. Everyone has to figure it out for themselves.

You sound great!

Barb

B
B
Wow Donna, so awesome to see you say that! You have come so far!!!!

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
C
C
ditto

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
K
K
Happy birthday Miss Donna! Have a lovely day.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
O
O
Happy Birthday!

Best,
Oldtimer
M
M
Yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope that if you are snowed in that you at least have LOTS of hot chocolate on hand.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

R
OP Offline
R
Thank you smile So far, it's been only rain and some flooding. They are saying it may switch over tonight, so we'll see.
I have to go out and get a ball gown for my son's ROTC military ball for tomorrow night (nothing like last minute); at least I got my hair done Tues.
I was going to go to a Dennis DeYoung/Styx concert tonight but my friend backed out...home with the kiddos, have to cook for a friend whose son is in the hospital with a preforated appendix, then have cake that MIL made for me.
Hope everyone is well....

R
OP Offline
R
Well, there have been better birthdays, but this wasn't terrible. Just a bit down, and I know that I am letting myself go there - at least it was at bay for most of the day.
Both kids had gotten small presents for me at the mall yesterday while they were with their father (a pisces tattoo-art bracelet and a small mexican sculpture). Had a great day at work. Home to begin the running around.

D10 is doing the 30 Hr famine this weekend, while S and I are at the Ball tomorrow night. Her father is taking her. I had emailed him asking if he was getting her things with her from his house, or just getting her from here.
He emailed back and said I should bring her stuff over today instead of tomorrow, while I was picking S up from school (it is still 15 min more to his house from school; certainly not on the way - and packing everything a day early - not to mention my birthday). Rather than start an argument, I just let it go - I would drop her things off today, since I had also promised friends on the same street the dinner (their S is recovering from surgery).

On the way down there, he called my D to ask where we were and if I was bringing the things for her Famine retreat - yes, we are already in the car.
He met us there and said Happy Birthday as I was struggling with big boxes out of my car (she is sleeping outside in a cardboard-box-city). He took the boxes and I just said thanks and got back into the car. He hugged D, then we went across the street to deliver dinner, then off to get S.
I never looked him in the face, let alone the eyes. I don't think he looked at me, either.
Picked S and his friends up, dropped friends off. He balked at going to the mall, so I dropped him off in the rain on the way home. More pissiness from me. Went to Macy's, got confirmation that I have gained about all the weight back and grossed myself out in the triple mirrors, found something not too disgusting, paid $90 and went home.

By this time, I am exhausted. I couldn't help but think back to the time about 5 years ago, to the 40th party my ex threw for the gf...making sure that her friends and everyone in the neighborhood came, took her out on his motorcycle while we set up the rest, surprising her. All of us, friends, kids, playing and relaxing down the hill. He did it because he accused her H of being an a$$ who wouldn't do anything for her. I probably did most of the shopping for that...

Went back and got S, took the kids out to Chinese buffet. Now we are home and in PJs. S wanted a friend to come over to shine shoes - no, I don't think so. I don't even feel like lighting the candles on the cake tonight.

Hope the rain lets up. Or turns completely to snow so there is no school tomorrow. It will be another crazy, long day tomorrow for this ball. And I know that I will be in the small minority who goes on their own.

On the other hand, TONS of well-wishes from friends and family (a few cards and emails, lots of FB). In spite of the hassles, happy to be with my kids.

On to tomorrow, which will be just another day.

Page 10 of 37 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 36 37

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard