Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 37 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37
K
K
Gosh, I am worn out just reading all of that! Have you not been to the doc's in a while? Sounds they are going to keep you hopping. Maybe they are part of a GAL plan. lol

Hope all your tests are good. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
G
G
Donna, today I was dressed to my shoe (singular) before 8am!
I've been thinking about Disney Florida. Can't DB'ers do their thing anywhere?

M
M
Anywhere, anytime!!! smile

Gees Donna! They put you through the ringer didn't they? I hear ya on the BMI thing. Mine is SUPERBAD so I feel your pain. That is a lot of testing, but just think how good you will feel once you have it all done and you know your health is in order. Very important!

Flylady overwhelms me. I have tried some of her things, but for the most part I just continue with what I have been doing......one room at a time on the weekend. Not very productive but it makes me feel a little better. I never did totally understand what the dressed down to shoes meant. Why is it she wants to make sure you have shoes on? The sink cleaning freaks me out a little too. I should probably do it again soon though.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
K
I think her idea is that if you get dressed all the way down to your shoes you are more up to the task at hand. You are ready to go to work. If you stay in you PJ's or sweats you will tend to lounge around and not be motivated.

The shiny sink is a reminder of how good it feels to have that clean with no dishes cluttering it up. so I think if you ever fall off the Flylady wagon, you can hop right back on by shining your sink. smile

kat

PS Sorry for the hijack Donna. Hope you are feeling good.

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
G
G
Shiny sink today, for sure. Sheriff serving STBX tonight.
Going dark for the weekend. Sis in town, major DRAMA at the hospital and I just need to chill out.
Calling MD to look at meds, per the advice of one I trust.
Will return calls/e-mails, after the SAINTS come marching in!

Me:44, WAW hx bi-polar H:48, hx of abuse
S:22, S:19, D:16
Filed Oct 08, dismissed
Filed again Jan 10, dismissed
Now Piecing
alter persona: SuperBoots
R
OP Offline
R
Not a lot to post lately....which is a good thing. I can look back and realize that I have woken up from a terrible nightmare. But before that nightmare, there was a very long dream.

I am glad to be back. I feel most like myself, now, and it is good. There are changes; there has been growth. Surprising, but I didn't realize how important it was to learn to live as an independent woman. I had never had the chance to do that (other than when I went away to college, and I still went home every weekend to be with the boy...).

Anyway, trite, I know, but it is a new chapter.

I still have things to learn (and am grateful for that). Right now, it is concentrating on learning more about:
*what my body is capable of, and making it healthy
*getting myself and home organized and peaceful (FlyLady)
*exploring interests and ways to spend my time
*finishing that damn grad degree I was almost done with when the sh!t hit the fan
*releasing the last of my anger - it is mostly relegated to dreams at this point, my subconscious still wrestling with the past. Images of my parents percolate up, too - I am a work in progress.

If I don't get to check in with my friends here, I hope that you all forgive me. Most of the closest know me in the alt or can get me there. I am forever indebted to so many here, and this site.

Onwards and upwards - I turn 40 on the 25th, and it seems like it will really be a milestone.

F
F
Donna,

Not being tethered to the bb is a true sign of growth. I can remember when I first found this site, posting every 10 minutes and hanging on until someone posted back to me! I remember starting a new thread for every random thought, and being scolded on my board etiquette by the old timers! Hah! My first stop in the morning and my last stop at night was this board.

No need to ask forgiveness from anyone. We all know how this works. You sound good. Hang in there.

E
E
Hi Donna - please look me up on the alt..Ericm Sant

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
R
OP Offline
R
I just updated a who's who on the alt if any want to check it out. Let me know if assistance is needed...

Life is good. Going into NYC to celebrate my birthday a little early tomorrow- BFF is running the show, so I have no idea what we are going to do! At least the weather is looking good. Had dinner with the in-laws at Chinese tonight, too smile

S
S
Hi Donna,

Sounds like you've turned a corner! Turning 40 isn't so bad. turned 50 & it got even better!

You have a fun w/e planned - ENJOY! And let me be the first to wish you a Happy Birthday!

Barb

Page 9 of 37 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard