#1938797 02/15/10 04:35 PM
L
OP Offline
L
The Start

Questioning my 180's

Looking for reason

Acceptance

I float around here on the MLC board and I wanted to share my past. Let you all see my personal failures and successes. The path we each choose will be different...but the goal is the end in the same. That we become better people who are not defined by anything except ourselves.

Don't be afraid to fail, to cry, to smile or laugh....because it is those things that make us who were are.

Where am I....redefining a failed marriage. Everyday is work towards that goal as it always will be. My old marriage is gone and I have divorced myself from it's legacy. My new marriage is being built upon new perspective, new understanding, and within a completely different structure. Am I focused on it...nope. It happens as it happens.....I choose to enjoy the daily ride and see how things go....tomorrow isn't guaranteed and I live for today.

The best parts about this...I am a better man, I have an incredible relationship with my children, and my wife has come to love me more for my actions of love as opposed to the words I once used.

"Be the changes you want to see in the world"
job Offline
What an excellent thought provoking posting. Keep up the good work!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #1939511 02/16/10 03:27 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks Snodderly..

I am slightly down today, but not because of my marriage. Business is soooo slow. Add to that the current weather situation making getting out to work in the field has been close to impossible...so the few jobs I have are currently parked waiting for snow to melt...blah.

Then we are witnessing the deterioration of a family member. Our treadmill has been with us for almost 10 years and is on it's way out. The treadmill really became my best friend through a lot of this....it was very mind clearing to get on it and spend an hour mindlessly plodding along. So know I have to find a way to replace her.....well I better get off here and get to finding a way.

On marriage at the moment. Not much going on....slow is good.

L
OP Offline
L
OH...forgot to add. Successful day yesterday. I actually got my kids to clean their rooms and then cooked a marvelous marinated tuna steak with a white rice and vegetable side...yummy.

C
C
Quote:
Our treadmill has been with us for almost 10 years and is on it's way out. The treadmill really became my best friend through a lot of this
Have you tried craigs list. I have one in my basement that is not being used. Of course I probably don't live to close to you either.

Me-70, D37,S36
Cadet #1939541 02/16/10 03:53 PM
T
T
Sorry to hear about the demise of your treadmill.:) Craigslist is a great place to find stuff like that.

Glad things are okay on the marriage front (such a good thing to hear!) and I hope your snow melts and your work picks up!

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
L
OP Offline
L
Good idea...I will give Craigslist a search. I am truly saddened by this...feels odd. The treadmill of course has become such a part of my life. I may need to do a little self evaluation.

OP-You are looking for 180's.....Making an unused treadmill used may be a good 180. And yes you are a little bit to far away though I did spend most of my life not that far away in MA. Now I live down south were we weren't supposed to get snow all that often and this year it is a weekly thing...lol

J
J
Lost,

I am glad that you are posting here.

Good solid advice, and examples to follow. Level headed and empathic.

Glad you are here.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

L
OP Offline
L
Jack-

We both know that through process of elimination I would end up here on the small bus. The bigger bus drivers just didn't know what to do with me.

In all reality I should probably be in piecing....but I feel more at home here.

J
J
As do I. : )

Piecing...
Is unique. The pitfalls and paths are different for everyone, there is no "One size fits all" catagory beyond: keep your boundary and always be able to enforce it.

It is a razor's edge full of cut feet. : )

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard