Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
OP Offline
G
I spoke with a new counselor last week here in Portland, and am now on a waiting list to begin a 12-week program for DBT.
She suggested I purchase a can of wasp spray, and sleep with it.
I replied, are you kidding me? No, I'll grab a can next time I'm at the store. So I went to [local FM store] and did just that. Took it home and read the label, and was in tears from laughing so hard at my new-found "weapon" for unwanted pests. Or lousy STBX Husbands.
Here is the label
(It's really long, I'll post in segments by insect breed)
STOP. READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE USE.
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Never use indoors.
WASPS, HORNETS, AND YELLOW JACKETS
1. Apply at sunset when insects are least active.
2. Stand a safe distance from the nest. Don’t stand directly underneath.
3. Shake can well before each use. Aim spray away from person. Push button to spray.
4. Spray the nest until soaked. This product’s powerful spray will also kill insects that return to the nest over the next few days.
5. Wait at least 24 hours before removing the nest.
Use of this product on evergreen and holly is not recommended as damage may result.
*This product is non-staining to most home siding depending on age and cleanliness. Before using in areas where the spray may contact home siding, test in an inconspicuous area and recheck in a few hours.

Me:44, WAW hx bi-polar H:48, hx of abuse
S:22, S:19, D:16
Filed Oct 08, dismissed
Filed again Jan 10, dismissed
Now Piecing
alter persona: SuperBoots
S
S

G
OP Offline
G
Thx, K.
I need to call a good friend on the other coast, and then I'll be back, y'all.

R
R
I did the DBT program - it was pretty useful.

R
R
So, is S16 back in the hospital, or released and not-sure-where?
Sorry I missed your call....busy weekend, but will try to catch up.

G
OP Offline
G
Sunday, my STBX-H insisted on taking S16 to a SuperBowl Party, and legally, there was nothing I could do to stop him. S16 had a day pass, and although he knew his Aunt and Mom were coming to take him to lunch, he picked Roast Beast instead.
Shortly after the game ended, the Beast returned with S16, who was required to UA and see therapist.
Exposing him to the abuser was not a great idea, unless you want a kid to bottom out. And he did, last night around 10pm. I trusted my mother's intuition. I called the hospital, and shared the details of the 10pm phone call. He was sobbing, my little boy-man, this child I carried inside me, and have loved with a fierceness for almost 17 years. I won't share any more than that.
We've had trouble connecting all day, but I did get a message that he said, "I Love You, Mom".
Cr@p. Purple Puddles again. I need a break. And a nap.

G
OP Offline
G
It happened again, at dinner. Admiral Abs sat down near me, and Major Flirting came along halfway through the meal.
And this one was single. shocked

G
OP Offline
G
The Language of Letting Go, Melody Beattie: p.38 February 9
Letting Go of Love
Can someone post, please? I don't have the time to type it today, but it's a keeper.

Slept alone, again. But SINGLE, retired staff sgt was definately interested. And so was I. We met several weeks ago and there is friendship and chemistry. Shared dinner, no dessert. Careful, Goldey...shiny objects often lead to trouble later.

Today I will advocate for my child in the morning, and meet w/ Ortho Surgeon in afternoon. My world is simply fubar. Roast Beast is panicking. Making dumb mistakes. A real insect.

And a little part of Goldey is saying, "Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy."

Me:44, WAW hx bi-polar H:48, hx of abuse
S:22, S:19, D:16
Filed Oct 08, dismissed
Filed again Jan 10, dismissed
Now Piecing
alter persona: SuperBoots
V
V
(((((goldey)))))
No need to rush into not sleeping alone. Though I know it can be tempting! But I think you've figured that out already.

I hope the surgeon can tell you what's going on, and has a path to getting it taken care of!

And don't worry about what the Beast is doing, except when it affects you or your kids!

G
OP Offline
G
Spot on Jeffy. Thanks for the hugs, and back at 'ya. Just what the MD ordered. Seeing Surgeon at 4 today.

The Tool is causing mayhem. mad Crash and burn, baby.

I'm down to two cigarettes. Today is quit day. Ugh.
I need to hear is the "Keep the Quit"! cheer, and maybe the fight song to go along with it.

The directions for use on the Bug Spray clearly state to keep away from open flame. wink

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard