Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 101 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 100 101
G
OP Offline
G
m03 & goldey,
I'll be there!

I made a careless, but satisfying mistake today: I wrote a thank-you email to my lawyer. Short one. One of the three lines in it was, "You were clearly the best in that room yesterday."

After sending it, I realized I sent the reply just to him (not reply all) but it was part of a conversation "string" of 9 emails. I then sent a reply on something-or-other to my mediator and to TGSTBXW's lawyer,- in that same string - so they both now have a string of twelve conversations, the 10th of which let's em know what I think of them! smirk

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

S
S
Awesome mistake!

G
G
Some comic relief...
"You were the best one in the room today ;)"
Could be taken the wrong way, if you included the STBXW.

G
OP Offline
G
Update on update
Just an interesting (to me) aside re: yesterday's mediation finale:

My TGSTBXW was always a wonderful warm, happy, woman to whom people were naturally drawn. Most common description used in reference to her was "she's so nice" (to the point that she almost hated the term).

Anyway, I, of course, have known that she was replaced by her space alien replica since 11/09/08.

And it wasn't until mid-summer of this year that I saw further changes in her and often referred to her here as, "she with the cold, dead eyes and disdainful look."

Long story longer: when my L called this a.m. to see if I was okay and was satisfied with yesterday's outcome, (and to make some mildly derogatory comments about Mediator and TGSTBXW's lawyer), he concluded with:

"And your wife; My GOD, what an absolute bitch!"

Moral: I saw all the changes, the coldness, the distance, the toxic ways, yet still had some vestiges of the rose-colored, memory glasses on, because hearing someone who I respect spend his first and only two hours with her and come to that conclusion made me realize that I was still not completely seeing or acknowledging the extent of her transformation. I still thought I saw some of the person I once loved in there. A case of finding what you're looking for I guess.

It's not there.
She's not there.

Even after fourteen months of working, changing, growing, empathizing, obsessing, DBing, concluding and coming to terms with the brutal reality of my situation, it took a single, simple observation by a stranger, an outsider, to make me finally see, acknowledge, and accept reality.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

G
G
Originally Posted By: Gardener
Even after fourteen months of working, changing, growing, empathizing, obsessing, DBing, concluding and coming to terms with the brutal reality of my situation, it took a single, simple observation by a stranger, an outsider, to make me finally see, acknowledge, and accept reality.

Thank God for the clarity Gman. Brings to light the phrase: "I was blind but now I see."

S
S
When my L met for negotiations with my W and her L during the court status meeting. I was left alone in the hall waiting. When my L came out to ask me a question regarding the negotiations, he said the similar sentiment that your L said to you about your W.

And today, I get a call from my XW at the dentist telling me that our daughter was x-rayed with 4 cavities. Who does she blame? Even though XW had terrible cavity problems herself as a child and I only have 3 cavities in my 50 years, I still get the blame because I let the kids have an occasional candy or soda.

You and I are both better off without these space aliens from the planet bitch in our lives!

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Gnosis
Originally Posted By: Gardener

Thank God for the clarity Gman. Brings to light the phrase: "I was blind but now I see."
Amazing grace, Gno, amazing grace...

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Kerry,
Originally Posted By: KerryK
You and I are both better off without these space aliens from the planet bitch in our lives!
Right you are.
Originally Posted By: KerryK
I only have 3 cavities in my 50 years
Any 50 year old man whose tag line is:

"Young divorced dad who lives half the time with a wonderful son (9) and daughter (7)."

is my kind of man! cool

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

S
S
The 50's are supposed to be the best decade in a man's life! You got 4 more years left - take advantage of em.

G
G
G-Man, even my mediator/now friend pointed out to me, "Goldey, you were the last one to realize it". The M has been dead for years.

Page 14 of 101 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard