Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 37 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37
R
OP Offline
R
I just got an image in my head from that 80's movie Better Off Dead....

I want my two dollars!!! In this case, its $5.00. And you know what, you can keep it - I'm in no rush to set myself on fire in the near future wink

M
M
Better Off Dead!!!!! I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!! That nasty little paper boy and his darned $2! LOL.

I'm sitting here giggling just thinking about it. I'm going to have to break out the old VHS of that one and watch it.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

G
G
Heck..

Why don't we ask her to do in CT?

M
M
Hey Donna!!!

What's up chica?

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

R
OP Offline
R
Just finished up with dinner...too-full belly. I really have to switch to the sandwich plates.

Other news....realized over the weekend that there isn't anyone to "throw" a 40th birthday party for me at the end of the month. I'm a bit bummed about that. My sis is MIA, no parents. I remember back a few years ago to the 40th that x got together for our-then-friend/now his girlfriend, because "her husband is too much of an ass to plan one." It was just neighbors, but it was a surprise for her - he had taken her for a motorcycle ride, then pulled up with her after we were all set up.
The year he left, he bought her flowers (on my credit card) for her birthday and "as a thanks for helping watch D in the mornings." He even called her x to ask if it was ok (we were both so blind to what was actually going on!).

Anyway, enough of that. Just don't know what I want to do. I am leaning more towards saving any money for two trips I want to take: April 15th-18th is the National Art Educators' Assoc. Convention in DC. I went to the one in NYC about 8 years ago and had such a great time! I'm trying to figure out how to get the kids down there to join me, since it's their spring break. Cherry blossoms and free museums.....
Then, I am going to try my hardest to get to Italy this summer. I think I can only stand about a week away from my kids (hopefully S14 will be in summer camp, anyway, and maybe D will be into something by then). I need to feed my soul....I was talking to Goldey the other night -

There were so many concessions, rather than compromises, that I made in my R/M. Things that my soul wanted so much.
Dancing.
Photo journeys.
Time in museums.
HIking and being outdoors more.
Spontaneity
And travel.

I need to see the Sistine Chapel and the David. Stand under the Eiffel Tower. Wander through Ireland and the home of my ancestors. See antiquities.

Crap - lights just went out in the new sunroom that the kids and I have been fixing up - they were trying to run the treadmill and the heater at the same time.
I went down with S14 and checked the breaker box - doesn't look like anything was thrown. We fiddled with them all, checked the other box, the sub box. Finally, S14 called his dad - there were a few breakers not labeled.
But I'm still sitting in the dark. X finally told S14 to ask his grandfather to look at it.

Two steps forward, one step back.

W
W
"The year he left, he bought her flowers (on my credit card) for her birthday and "as a thanks for helping watch D in the mornings." He even called her x to ask if it was ok (we were both so blind to what was actually going on!)."

Donna, my STBX went to Tokyo with her OP and phoned me to ask what I'd like her to bring me back! I almost said "how about your friends head in a bag" but held back. I ended up with a Komona (sp) and a T-shirt...I use the T-shirt as a rag to wash my car with.
Btw, I threw my own 50th birthday party...when the kids saw the decorations they asked if I was throwing my own party. I said "yes, I am" and one replied "that's really sad"...who says they're gifts from God!!! I remember one birthday years ago when I was very very single, although my parents had invited me over I decided to go to a movie that was opening that day. When I got to the theatre for the early showing the line was all the way down the street and the movie was sold out. So try and beat these BD stories with on your 40th (LOL)...or better still, don't!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
B
B
Quote:
I am leaning more towards saving any money for two trips I want to take: April 15th-18th is the National Art Educators' Assoc. Convention in DC. I went to the one in NYC about 8 years ago and had such a great time! I'm trying to figure out how to get the kids down there to join me, since it's their spring break. Cherry blossoms and free museums.....

If you make it to DC let me know, I am not far from there!

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
N
N
Originally Posted By: bright_new_day

Me too! Don't forget me smile

For my 50th I had recently joined facebook and many of my high school friends were adding me as friends... so I got to see pictures and hear about all the wonderful things their spouses were surprising them with for their 50th. As you all know, my H surprised me by getting himself a 36 year old whore for a girl friend. frown

Oh wait, I did get a mug and gift card from starbucks RME

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
W
W
Originally Posted By: MsInvisible
Originally Posted By: bright_new_day

As you all know, my H surprised me by getting himself a 36 year old whore for a girl friend. frown

Oh wait, I did get a mug and gift card from starbucks RME

That's it, that's what I forgot to pick up for my 50th...the 36 year old whore! I'll know better next time grin

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
R
OP Offline
R
wii - love the car wash idea...

And I'd love to get together with whoever smile

As for the breakers...
Long story short, $75 to turn a breaker back on (it was on the panel in the apt, and I thought I checked that...?) Crap.

On a better note, S14 got a scholarship to attend the weekend church retreat he wanted to go on. We are responsible for........$75. At least this expense will be split with x.

Page 7 of 37 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard