Print Thread
Page 10 of 101 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 100 101
R
R
I will visit you there... wink

G
OP Offline
G
So, the day before the D, my lawyer notices a wording mistake that the mediator made that would have unintentionally cost me some bucks and emails mediator (who agreed).

stbxw has a fit, sends an email to my lawyer telling him basically to butt out (?!?) crazy I have to go see my lawyer again (another $850.00; I should have retained him from the beginning, screw this Mediator crap) and now through emails from stbxw's lawyer, she is reneging on two agreements.

I fire back that she either backs off these two things - that up until last night she agreed to - or I drop mediation, no D tomorrow and I retain my lawyer.

We'll see...

Aaarrggghhh!!!mad mad mad

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

R
R
Oh (((Gardener))) that sucks. frown
Stay strong and stand your ground. You will get through this with your head held high!

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks, Rocked.

I just so wanted to be D'd tomorrow (after one delay from December 23rd already), but I'll be damned if I'll take a bath in this to do so.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

L
L
Just want to add some (()) Can totally understand you having enough and wanting it to be done and dusted.

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

Once lost but now found and happily married again!
G
OP Offline
G
P.O.'d "I'm-mad-as-hell-and-I'm-not-going-to-take-this-anymore!" journaling, mad

Well, another email from stbxw's lawyer with a nasty tone and reneging on one more thing. In a professionally worded email to the mediator, stbxw, stbxw's lawyer, .cc'ing my lawyer I told 'em all that I'm out. Screw mediation. I won't be in court tomorrow, I am leaving now to see my lawyer to give him a retainer to litigate this thing. I called the court to ask for a continuance last time; someone else can do it this time.

Then comes an immediate flurry of phone calls. From my wife which I don't answer, her lawyer, which I don't answer, from my lawyer, which I answer and he proposes a process in between this sham "mediation" and full-blown retainer/litigation in a group meeting on February 3rd. I agree to it. Then mediator calls and says can't we hammer this out today and go to court tomorrow, there are only two issues. I told her those issues were the two straws that broke the camel's back. STBXW has reneged on 27 agreements - financial and otherwise - since she moved out and in mediation I've made twelve concessions; name me one she's made. Mediator couldn't.

Done. Eff this. I don't care if this costs me more in legal fees than I'm going to get in the settlement. I'll chalk the difference up to N.U.T.S.

STBXW called while I was typing this post. I didn't answer. Left me a voice mail. I'm not going to listen to it. Stopped this post for a minute to email her and .cc mediator, my lawyer, her lawyer, Subject: No Contact, E-mail: I'll see you February 3rd."

To be crude, I'll sum this up in street slang: "Eff me?? Eff YOU!!!"

Last edited by Gardener; 01/26/10 10:02 PM.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Thank you Rabbit. There have been even newer developments (above). I freaked out. Nicely, of course! smile

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

L
L
Im sure it was done in a professional and gentlemanly manner Gardener as always... Give her hell!

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

Once lost but now found and happily married again!
S
S
Hey Gardener -

It seems like you are doing the right thing by retaining your own L. Your STBXW and her L seem to be in panic because of your striking hard now.

They say to treat the financial aspect of the divorce as a business deal. However, a business deal with a company like your STBXW would have been given up quite some time ago when it was determined that they could not be relied upon with agreements they made. You are now dealing more in terms of an armistice. Just make sure you dont be the one doing the unconditional surrender.

Hold on to your N.U.T.s indeed. Keep that legal hammer cocked, but in a calm manner. Pick your battles carefully and cut your loses when it seems that increased litigation will delay and become much more costly.

You gotta look on the bright side...her being a stingy flip-flopping reneger sure makes it so much easier for you to be happily divorced from her.

I wish you luck.

PS... Be careful around pasta guy.

S
S
Wow- I'm sorry about all that, Gardener. And I think you're right about letting your atty handle it from this point. I can't believe the mediator lets your wife get away with pulling that kind of BS. Do you have something to do tonight to take your mind off it?

Lotsa Hugs, Bunny

W42/H42/M20
S/19,D/17
On My Own: 11/28/09
Page 10 of 101 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard