Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
S
S
One month is not a long time. But I've learned throughout this journey that time goes so slowly in the beginning, but speeds by after you've been at it for a while.

Sounds like you are doing well with moving forward with your life.

F
forward Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I'm starting to have a different perspective on things. I am not glad that X left, but I have indeed experienced great personal growth--more, I think, than I would have had with him. Frankly, I think that X has experienced personal growth, too.

So do I dare to say that this experience has not been a bad thing?

The person who was too cool to care about money is now commenting on credit ratings! Some maturing has happened there.

As for me, I recognize that I cannot hold all the responsibility in the R while the other person gets the fun part.

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

F
forward Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Well, it's been a full month of dark and X seems to be looking forward to discussion on Thursday.

I plan to ask him to remove more of his items, which have been here too long in my view, and also comment on some behavioral issues w/D. We also need to move to a new schedule at some point.

I anticipate seeing even less of him now.

Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy

F
forward Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I did want to say that the dark has been for me, and it has been good as I do feel twinges of sadness/tension when X is around.

I have a sense of humor back, work is going somewhat better, and I have been making new friends/restoring relationships with old friends.

I've been feeling better physically, plan to teach a class, and have developed some new hobbies and interests. I am starting to want a new relationship. And, as I said, I am not sure that I see the divorce as a bad thing at this point. I have experienced a lot of personal growth. I think X has, too. But I am not sure I can respect him ever again.

So at this point I watch and comment.

Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy

F
forward Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I had some contact w/X and was pleased to learn that he has been having more quality time w/D. Overall a lot of the teenage behavior seems to be subsiding.

I noticed that he looked me in the eye and that he seemed less hostile.

There is never a mention of OW.

I was cheerful and in a good mood overall, but not because of him.

I am now looking to date a bit.

Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy

F
forward Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Also, I am now down to very little interaction w/X, which is fine by me.

I will see him maybe once a week.

Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy

F
forward Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I notice more progress, more interest in D, asking questions that indicate more concern.

I said X had more growing up to do than most on here, but I think he is doing somewhat better now.

Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy

M
M
forward this is good to hear that you see some improvement with your ex, and it is fantastic that he is wanting to see and spend more time with daughter, as we know and have taught ourselves patience and observation on these mlcers is the only way to go, they will grow and move forward in their own time and not in ours, and I can say that from a matter of my own dealings, take care

F
forward Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Well, just when you think you have seen some progress. I asked X to pick up something for D. He couldn't find the item and called me. I had given clear instructions on where to find it and did not respond to the voicemail immediately. And sure enough, he found it on his own.

I could tell he was furious again. Still my fault.

I think that the dark is the only way they can stop blaming us for all their problems.

Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy

P
P
I think even in the dark they still blame us
at least mine does..they are irrational and mine I think is borderline mentally ill at this point
peace

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard