Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 36 37
G
G
It could be worse. My STBX is dyslexic. Can't send an email at all. So, the fact that he's using S19 to monitor my fb (confirmed) is kinda...sad. For both of them.
Loved Avatar, in 3-D, no less! Saw it last week when I was at my sister's. I left feeling happy, via loaner wheelchair because of my ankle thing (tendonitis) People were super nice and actually smiled at me as I zoomed up the handicapped ramp. At 1am. Under the Space Needle.
Oh yeah. Happy New Year.
Sending virtual hugs.
Keep smiling, Donna. Peace in 2010. love, Goldey

R
OP Offline
R
The issue below followed an "normal" back-and-forth email with x and I about the kids going to his house this weekend, with co-operation.

Then, I got into it with my son.

This is the email to x tonight about my S14:

Quote:
S14 is being an idiot about wearing his helmet snowboarding. He informed me at 10:14 tonight that it is too small. I told him he is not going unless he wears a helmet.

I would have gotten one when we went up to get the snowboard fixed if he had told me. I am pissed. We were right there.

He made adjustments so it would fit, then decided that it made him look retarted - would I let him not wear it at least on the bunny hill while he was teaching Brian? I said no.
If I find out that he didn't have the helmet on while he was on the slopes, I said snowboarding is over for the year, and he is grounded.

I suggested he rent one. Or ask Brian's brother if he had one. Or ask you if you passed a ski shop on the way home.

I'm angry that he is leaving things till last minute all the time. This was all after having him stall for almost 3 hours to start his homework, only to see him print out a permission slip and say he was done. He lost his planner somewhere at school.

If he doesn't go tomorrow over this damn helmet, he will have to pay me back the $40 I laid out by working it off.

I'm next to positive he pulled the same thing with me this past Wed - it was Dress for Success day, and he decided at 8:40 at night that he needed to go to Target to get a button-down shirt, that he didn't want to wear the polo shirt.
I refused to let him walk, and D10 and I were dressed for bed - I wasn't going out. He argued the point for almost an hour before I threatened him with being grounded. I left him stewing in the living room at around 10:30 -
lo and behold, he is too sick to go to school on Wed - how convenient! He swore up and down that he wasn't lying, that he had a stomach ache and headache. Again, I was pissed, but you can't climb inside someone to see if they are really sick, and I couldn't physically drag him from the bed. So he stayed home.

I don't think there is anything I want you to do - just wanted to give you the head's up, and ask that you back me up. Please alert the Park and Rec people to call me if he doesn't have the helmet on - I'll drive up there and pull him off the mountain myself if I have to.

What am I going to do with this kid?
I am debating if I should forward this to the kids IC. Or the Lt of his beloved JrROTC. Or his next-to-useless guidance counselor at school.

This is stuff that x and I used to be SO good at. I can't help but also let some anger seep in that he isn't here to do this parenting the way it should be done.

S14 can be SO good...but he has also let some "adultism" creep into his thinking, so that I am getting challenged like this when there is something he wants/doesn't want. He'll make a good lawyer, but I am so sick of it! I have taken to telling him that I don't have to explain every decision I make - and he doesn't have to like them all, either - but he has to do it! Then he gets passive-aggressive, like stalling, distracting, negotiating, etc. I'm exhausted.

Gineen, if you are reading this, take notes because the terrible two come around again when they are teens!

O
O
Yep, he sounds like a TEENAGER.

You might want to check out Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child : Eliminating Conflict by Establishing Clear, Firm, and Respectful Boundaries too, lol.

Best,
Oldtimer
R
OP Offline
R
I think I might have that....or maybe it's The Difficult Child....

should have seen this coming! We went through it when he was 3 (skated through 2s).
They are away this weekend - I need to do some reading and get a better plan in place!

R
OP Offline
R
Quick fly-by...
S came home with a broken wrist from snowboarding. He wants to have his dad take him to the ortho today, since he "has experience with this thing" (x went through a broken wrist and surgery, etc.)
I came down with a nasty headcold again - stayed home today. I talk and teach for a living, and it always seems to wrap itself around my vocal cords. Also feel sore all over - hope it's not the flu.

Nothing else much.
I am wondering if I am still dealing with mild depression - my body is craving too much sleep (without an alarm, I sleep 11 - 13 hours!), still trying to motivate myself to get my butt in gear to get the house organized and/or get out and have some fun. Too much computer and tv, zoning...Hoping it's just my body and mind rebounding from the physical effects I had through the mess, but it's time to be back on track. At least I got my food intake back in control - lots of fruit and veggies coming today with the groceries.

Huey Lewis song pops into my head - I Want a New Drug....

Ugh...gotta go back to bed and see if I can get some sleep (hard to lay down when you can't breathe).....

O
O
Maybe a recurring sinus infection?

Best,
Oldtimer
M
M
Hope you are feeling better by now.

Have you tried using a Netti pot? It's the best thing I ever did for my sinuses. I have had horrible sinus headaches since I moved to GA but just last month I had a doozy for 3 weeks straight. Nothing helped. I went and got one of those pots and I haven't had a headache since then! I use it every morning and some evenings if I feel myself getting clogged.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

R
OP Offline
R
crap - still feel gross. Can't really talk, stuffy, runny, sore. I was hoping to avoid the doctor (I am sure now it is a virus), but if I don't feel a lot better by morning, I'll go. I don't have time for this chit....

S got his cast. It is a barley-visible crack on the growth plate, so two weeks in that, then another in a brace. He's even allowed to go snowboarding at the end of the week!
And he wore his helmet, and his coat, when he went Friday. At least some of the angst he puts me through as a teen is paying off, things sink in.

X took him to the appt, called me before and after to fill me in, said he would do the 2-week follow-up, too. I had told him yesterday that I was sick, so he asked how I was feeling. I said fine - moms aren't allowed to get sick wink All went well. I asked him to do the driving both ways for scouts for me tonight, and he agreed.

M
M
That's good, he must have taken the message to heart about keeping you in the loop with the kids and their medical/counseling appointments.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
K
Are you doing better? My head feels like it could explode with the next coughing spell! Maybe we don't have the same thing but it isn't fun.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Page 4 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 36 37

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard