Print Thread
Page 1 of 101 1 2 3 100 101
#1906429 01/02/10 02:12 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Hi all,

Nothing to say, just yet.

Just got the keys, so I thought I'd drop by and check the space out.
I will be moving in bit by bit between now and D-Day, January 27th.
Looking forward to meeting my new neighbors.
Though, like some of you, I'll be visiting the old neighborhood from time to time, too.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

I
I
Welcome to the neighborhood, Gardener.

Sorry to see you heading over here, but this is a friendly place, and our outlook is always up.

I moved in a few weeks ago myself, and just starting to get unpacked as well.

There are some familiar neighbors, and some that I am just meeting over here. You'll fit right in with your positive outlook, and well balanced and friendly communication

I missed the chance when I moved in myself, but I do believe that you'll need to open up the bar in your new place, and offer up a round.

Cheers!

M: 41
STBXW: 41
D: 9
Bomb: 4/26/09

On board the D train now..

"Suffering is when we try to change what we cannot."
G
G
Ummm...I'll have my usual, a Lemon Drop of course.
Please come visit my new thread and I'll kindly pour something for you.
Happy New Year, G-Man.
Goldey, the WAW who tried real hard.

G
OP Offline
G
iwitw,
Thanks for the welcome.
Talk to you soon.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Goldey,
One Lemon Drop coming up!
Be right over.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Goldey,
What's your thread?

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

G
G
Originally Posted By: Gardener
Hi all,

Nothing to say, just yet.

Just got the keys, so I thought I'd drop by and check the space out.
I will be moving in bit by bit between now and D-Day, January 27th.
Looking forward to meeting my new neighbors.
Though, like some of you, I'll be visiting the old neighborhood from time to time, too.

Pointing upward.. You are THIS guy. Be him. Be the charming, witty open fella you are. Confident and caring.

You're worth it.

*hugs*

G
G
Hey G-Man...(oh hi Gypsy, fancy seeing you here)
I started a new thread yesterday in We're Separated, or Kerry installed a link at the end of my old one yesterday.
I'm off to breakfast. Can I get anything for you? Peace.

G
OP Offline
G
I posted this over at Newcomers earlier, but I think it really belongs in my new home.

Let's see...Think I'll hang it up right here where I'll be sure to always see it.
There.
Perfect!

Beginning to feel like home already laugh

I'm with ya, G-Woman,

I love those kids. Period. With all my heart. I am not taking it personally.

This year I fight back with all my strength against negativity, victimhood and feeling sorry for myself. I tend toward that automatically in hard times. What - WHAT - has it ever gotten me? Nothing. Just self-increased pain.

This year everything - everything - will be viewed in a positive, I-am-blessed-in-countless-ways spirit of abundance. It will take time to buck a lifetime of habit, But I will get there. Have already consciously started to make the effort to be aware of the automatic and incessant pervasiveness of this negativity in my mind during rough patches, answering it immediately with its diametrically-opposed opposite in thoughts. I started Friday 1/01/10 (okay, except for that painful email from Step-D. But I - and you guys - got me past that fast).

And I'm going all-out and balls-out on this.

Even little things that would make me funky and p!ssy, I look at them and make it a point to laugh - out loud; it helps -at how pettily ludicrous they are. All of them. They amount to little more than tiny bits and moments of life wasted or spent wrongheadedly. It's starting to work. Slowly, but it's started. I've started. I even put a rubber band on my wrist for the old aversion therapy ouch-snapping!

And all of this as the result of this year of pain. Most of it very real, but much of it self-inflicted, wallowed in, and hence, magnified needlessly

And I have all of you to thank for much of this: your inspiration, strength, courage, decency, honesty, caring, sharing, courage, eye-opening, painful inner-most sharing. insights and 2x4's.

I interrupted this post for a while when S,33 just called from Colorado. We talked for an hour and a half. He's known of my struggles for reconciliation, becoming the best me I can - for me, and detachment. I told him last month I've reached acceptance. He asked me just now, "where are you today?" Without blinking or thinking,it just came out: "Billy, I'm happy."

I may seem to be waxing philosophic, here, but I am serious and determined.
My inner self-talk and outward-looking are getting a serious makeover this year.

Life is good. Even when it sucks.

Last edited by Gardener; 01/03/10 10:22 PM.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

A
A
I posted this over at Newcomers earlier, but I think it really belongs in my new home.

Let's see...Think I'll hang it up right here where I'll be sure to always see it.
There.
Perfect!

Beginning to feel like home already laugh

I'm with ya, G-Woman,

I love those kids. Period. With all my heart. I am not taking it personally.

This year I fight back with all my strength against negativity, victimhood and feeling sorry for myself. I tend toward that automatically in hard times. What - WHAT - has it ever gotten me? Nothing. Just self-increased pain.

This year everything - everything - will be viewed in a positive, I-am-blessed-in-countless-ways spirit of abundance. It will take time to buck a lifetime of habit, But I will get there. Have already consciously started to make the effort to be aware of the automatic and incessant pervasiveness of this negativity in my mind during rough patches, answering it immediately with its diametrically-opposed opposite in thoughts. I started Friday 1/01/10 (okay, except for that painful email from Step-D. But I - and you guys - got me past that fast).

And I'm going all-out and balls-out on this.

Even little things that would make me funky and p!ssy, I look at them and make it a point to laugh - out loud; it helps -at how pettily ludicrous they are. All of them. They amount to little more than tiny bits and moments of life wasted or spent wrongheadedly. It's starting to work. Slowly, but it's started. I've started. I even put a rubber band on my wrist for the old aversion therapy ouch-snapping!

And all of this as the result of this year of pain. Most of it very real, but much of it self-inflicted, wallowed in, and hence, magnified needlessly

And I have all of you to thank for much of this: your inspiration, strength, courage, decency, honesty, caring, sharing, courage, eye-opening, painful inner-most sharing. insights and 2x4's.

I interrupted this post for a while when S,33 just called from Colorado. We talked for an hour and a half. He's known of my struggles for reconciliation, becoming the best me I can - for me, and detachment. I told him last month I've reached acceptance. He asked me just now, "where are you today?" Without blinking or thinking,it just came out: "Billy, I'm happy."

I may seem to be waxing philosophic, here, but I am serious and determined.
My inner self-talk and outward-looking are getting a serious makeover this year.

Life is good. Even when it sucks.

Hi Gardener.

Sorry you're here, but since your situation is what it is...I'm glad you're here. I can relate to what you're saying in the highlighted post above. I wish it hadn't taken her leaving for me to become a better person...but it did, and I am. I hope we all can be supportive and helpful to one another here.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
Page 1 of 101 1 2 3 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard