Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
job Offline
Happy New Year!

I'm glad to see that you have plans for this evening. It's nice to celebrate the new year coming in w/friends.

I hope that Monday will bring you good news about the job as well. You deserve the very best.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you Snodderly. Happy New Year to you too

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
job Offline
Your "new year" will be a better one...look...going out this evening w/friends, a new job may be on the horizon on Monday and no one really knows what the future holds. It will be a better year for you.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
K
K
Happy New Year hon. You deserve all the wonderful things awaiting you!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
B
B
Hi ACJ! Great news with the job. I hope it pans out positively for you. As for your XH .... surely, you should be able to contact him on any phone or in any place to discuss your children's welfare. I wonder if you shouldn't call his bluff? Check with your L first, of course.

Happy New Year! Hope you had fun with your friends.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
S17 came to see me today. When he had been here about an hour he got a text from XH to say he was taking OW to hospital as she had gone into labour. That was about 3pm this afternoon. It's now 11.20pm and still no sign of a baby.

I wanted D14 to stay here tonight as I didn't think it was fair on S17 to have to be responsible for her as XH clearly isn't going to be home any time soon. She refused. That hurt - a lot but I couldn't tell her that.

I've kept it together the whole afternoon whilst I've had one or the other of them here but now I'm having a few tears. It's not b/c of the baby it's b/c I'm remembering how XH was with me when our children were born and how proud he was and how much he loved me then............ I can only tell that here b/c everybody else thinks I should just forget about the past but it's not that easy is it?

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
B
B
No, it's not that easy. It's a lot of years to forget. There will always be triggers that remind you of a good memory because I bet there were many. Just remember the memory fondly, maybe have a few tears, and try and move on. You had the young H, the best of him, and OW will have the old, worn out H (which you wouldn't have minded after all your years together, but imagine starting out at that point).

I feel for you with S17 and D14. But, they will be back ... they always come back to mommy because they are confident your door will always be open. With XH, the open door comes with conditions. It's okay for now, but wait until they're older. At least, you get a break from teen angst for a time.

Take care.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Quote:
At least, you get a break from teen angst for a time.

I'd rather have it than be without it. At least that way I'd know I was still thier mum. Right now it doesn't feel like I am.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
She has arrived. They have called her Isabella.

Today I am feeling very old, very useless and extremely confused.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
Oh Alison, this must hurt. Have you got your eldest home for the holidays? might be good to have some company.
You will always be their mum,so stop that line of thought. Just now they are being difficult but it will pass I am sure.
As for being old,well I bet Isabella's mum is feeling even older that was a long labour.You are in your prime,an attractive vivacious woman who has a lifetime yet to live.
Prospects of a new job, your own home and an independant woman. This sadness will pass,it all takes time.
Memories of happier times are bound to resurface but you can and will make new happier memories.
Accept what is and make plans for what will be.
Thinking of you. Take care.

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard