Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
job Offline
ACJ,
The stressors of the holiday have gotten to everyone. The weather hasn't helped either. I'm sorry everything sort of blew up last night, but hopefully your daughter will get her act together and think about what the season stands for and come home. She's certainly not going to want to play second fiddle to a new baby this season.

Your note to your xh was very nice. I'm proud of you for sending it. Let's hope everything will settle down and he'll talk to her about returning home.

Be kind to yourself today. You've had some rough patches along the way in recent days.

Please try to enjoy the holidays.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
I
I
MERRY CHRISTMAS SNODDERLY......hope you have a wonderful and blessed holiday........thank you for all your thoughts and advice.....sending prayers your way

Done 01/2014
B
B
Teens! It's a really hard time for her, hormonally, and it doesn't help that her family is not together. She probably doesn't know where she fits in anymore. No matter how much you try and do the best for her, it's just not going to help, and even little spats may end up being WWIII. Your XH is also putting you down in front of her, so she sees him as an ally after an argument. He is, as we all know, a fool, and this attitude is not going to help your daughter in the long run. All you can do, is ride it out, and be there for her as much as she will allow.

Just some thoughts.

Otherwise, hope tomorrow won't be too bad. Are your parents coming to visit? I've seen on the news that England is really being hammered by snow storms. Talk about a white Christmas --- I bet you'd rather not have one, 'eh!?

Take care.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
T
T
ACJ,

Kids are so unpredictable, especially the teens. Not only do they have to battle their hormones, but also these terrible MLC situations that they never asked for. I am so disgusted that my ex did this to my children, that alone is so hard for me to deal with.

Wishing you the very best tomorrow. Please know that you are not alone and we are here for you.

Me: 46 H:44
Together: 25 years
Married: 20 years
Separated: 11-30-06 Divorced 12-21-07
OW: EA began 2005
PA began end of 2006
3 children,20, 16, 6
ex asked for forgiveness
01/16/11

P
P
Dear Alison,

What a year you've had - the divorce being final, the pregnancy - and you've made it! Just imagine if you'd been through all of this two years ago; you are so much stronger than you were then.

I hope that today is better than you expected, and that 2010 will bring you much happiness.

Love,
N

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself
My thread: Trusting God's Plan
A
A
Merry Christmas, Alison.

A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you all for all your kind thoughts and best wishes.

Yesterday went better than I could have hoped for. Thankfully there was a no show from the baby. D14 and S17 both disappeared off about 5pm to have tea with their dad (which made me sad but I never said a word). They are having lunch with him today too which makes me angry that he insisted on taking up part of my day with them AND wanting his own time today. Deep breaths. I can and will be the better person.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Venting.

Had my first spat in ages with XH tonight. D14 is supposed to be in his care this week. He picked her up Sunday, she spent all day monday out shopping with friends, spent the day which led to a sleepover with one friend yesterday and today she has been at mine all day whilst I've been at work. She left here about 7.30pm to go and see her friend. At 8.40pm I got a call from her asking if I would pick her up and drop her back at XHs. Despite it not being my week to have her and despite me being up to my neck in essays that are due in on 14th Jan I readily agreed. She said she had to be in by 10pm so I arranged to pick her up at her friend's house at 9.40pm. I was there early. When I enquired why XH hadn't picked her up she told me he was at his mother's and that she she walk there to meet them. He then told they had walked there (probably to try and induce now very late baby)so she would have to walk home with them but it probably wouldn't be until 11pm. She sid she didn't want to do this so he told her to walk home by herself. Hence why she rang me. It's the first time I've bben to his new house and I got lost. D14 was panicking that she would be late and XH would dock her pocket money. So eventually I told her to ring H, get the postcode off him and thenI could ifnd it using my sat nav. It took 3 attempts for him to answer. We were actually only just around the corner but he still wasn't home when we arrived. I was furious that she was being expected to go into an empty house by herself at this time of night. When I got home I TMd and said I didn't expect a 14yr old to be told to walk 2-3 miles home in the dark by herslef and that if it happened again I would taek legal advice. He replied telling me it was me who had refused to pick her up in the first place mad and that my university work obviously took precedence over her! He gave his usual response whenI TM him and said if I contacted him again on that number he would take out an injunction. I replied........... telling him that actually I had taken her and that he should get his facts straight (he clearly still wasn't home himself). He said he offered to walk back with her after I refused to pick her up and suggested I get my facts straight. As I already pointed out I didnt refuse. He told me again not to reply or he would instruct his solicitor in the morning. I didn't reply but not because of his instruction but b/c I couldn't be bothered to argue about things that I knew hwe was lying about. He will think he has scared me off. I'm seriously considering contacting my own L about this just to show him that I no longer feel threatend by him.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
K
K
grrrrrrrrrrr. what a pain in the buttocks

A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
It's New Year's Eve and I'm determined to end the year on a positive note on this thread grin

Yesterday, out of the blue, I got a call from the manager who interviewed me for the job the other week. It seems the woman they offered the job to has changed her mind. So she wants to re-open negotiations with me on Monday. The job isn't definately mine yet but I'm assuming she wouldn't have contacted me if she didn't think I was at least capable of doing the job.

Tonight I'm off partying with friends so I get a break from the studying. Whoooooo.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE. You guys have really kept me sane for the last 4yrs.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard