Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
C
C
Remember you are in control. You can do it, as you please!

Me-70, D37,S36
A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Yes I am in control. That is part of the reason I haven't hit delete.... b/c I know I can leave it there and not give in to temptation. That is a big move forward for me.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
K
K
You sound as if you are doing well. I hope you have a lovely weekend. Just thinking of you and how you are doing.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Quote:
You sound as if you are doing well

I'm doing better than i was this time last week. Trying not to think about next week.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
K
K
I know. Just take it one day at a time. Just think, each day is a clean sheet of paper with no mistakes on it. Everyday is something different. don't focus on what is coming but the joy each day in itself can bring.

I know I am not facing what you are, but my heart is with you hon.

hugs, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Alison, just read your post to Trusting and your pain is so raw,please try to let this go,it will torture you and rob you of any joy that will come your way.
My children have seen their father once in the past 9 years! well he spent 2hours extra with his daughter almost a year after she gave him his first g/child. Believe me I know how it hurts even though he has no other children he has stepchildren and older g/c.
I am so proud of my kids they have achieved great careers and lovely partners and are really good people and very good to me.
This will be my first C.mas(in 60 yrs!) waking up alone not a soul in the house and if I let it, that thought will bring me to my knees so I am busy preparing and going through the motions and clinging to my attitude of gratitude.
Life changes and we must change too. Not easy but the only way to go.
I hope you will find some comfort and joy these holidays,look for the small things and look forward.
Thinking of you.

A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks naej.

Quote:
please try to let this go

Believe I am trying VERY hard to do this. It wouldn't have been easy at any time of the year but Christmas Day is just about as insensitive as you can get. My main concern is that the child will arrive on time and my children (or at least the 2 younger ones) will want to leave the festivities at my home to go and visit her (yes we know it's a girl). I think that might just about finish me off.

I am incredibly proud of my children. Just this evening I dropped D14 off at her first under 18s disco in a night club. She is stunningly beautiful and this was quite aptly portrayed when every male head turned as she walked past them to join the end of the queue grin

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
Alison, quite a feeling isn't it when your daughter turns heads! must get that from her mum.

Take hope, how many first babies or any arrive on the due date?
Put it to the back of your mind and just enjoy the day with your kids.

T
T
Hi ACJ,

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a much better and happier 2010. Take care.

A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks TL. Seasons greetings to you to.

It all kicked off in our house last night. What started out as an insignificant disagreement over the Christmas tree of all things escalated out of control. Long story short D14 shot off in the dark and the snow at 10pm to walk to XHs. I TMd him to let him know she was on her way and asked him to let me know when she arrived. No reply. Thankfully S17 let me know she was safe. XH finally replied mid morning today saying he hadn't seen message last night. Said she was fine. Even if he didn't get message you would have expected that he would phone me to find out what was going on. MLC..................... I txt back being the bigger person telling him that S17 had given me the info I needed and wished him well with the new baby and said I hoped the appalling weather wouldn't cause too much distress when labour finally happens. As expected no reply but at least I tried. After sending this nice message I burst into tears. I had to battle in heavy snow to get to work this morning and I have no idea if D14 will come home for Christmas. I really wish I had done what I said originally and booked a holiday so that I was out of the country at this very stressful time.

I hope everyone else has a better christmas than I am now anticipating.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard