Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
L
L
hey Alison!

Just checking in on some old friends on here- so you are on FB? Look me up Lisa Stalnaker Cribbs, I would love to see your pics you had made< this will get better trust me

love,Lisa

Me:37
H:38
6 kids
first bomb 8/05 (ow involved)
piecing 7/06
second bomb 3/07 ow involved
wash rinse repeat....
huge move to start over 2/11
more affairs
H left for good 8/12

A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Good to hear from you Lisa. I replied to your friend's request on FB.

For the last week or two I've been talking to someone on a dating site. It is getting very exciting. He's out of the country currently working but should be home this weekend. I'm away at the weekend but we have made very tentative plans to meet next week. We've stopped communicating via dating site and have moved on txt (which is quite expensive given where he has been working). He will be home for 6 wks and then back to work abroad again.

I've just bought a verrrrrrrrrry short dress for a party on Friday night. Although I say it myself I look pretty damn amazing. Always thought very short slinky dresses were for teenagers but you know what my legs are one of my best assests so I decided to show them off. I also bought a very cheeky elf's outfit for the fancy dress on Saturday night. I'm determined to have a good weekend away (irrespective of the weather!)

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
P
P
HI ACJ
The dress sounds nice
there does seem to be life after MLC
I too am dating a very nice man for many months now
It is very exciting
all the stuff ive learned thru the crises is helping me to
create better R with everyone in my life
hope you have fun this weekend
Peace

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
A
A
You go, girl.

A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I had a blast last weekend. Just what the doctor ordered. Trip home was a nightmare though.

I met another man from an internet dating site today. He was nice and he bought me lunch. We talked quite happily but there was no spark. He did ask if I wanted to see him again and at that point I said yes. Then he back tracked a little pointing out how many obstacles were in the way. So when I got home this evening I sent him a txt saying I was flattered by how far he had driven to meet me. That I enjoyed his companay but that it was quite evident that neither of probably wanted to repeat it. So I wished him good luck in his search and as he normally works in Afghanistan said I hoped he kept safe.

I'm a bit sad but as my friend just told me, it's a big step forward for me as I've finally learnt that I have a choice if I want to be with someone or not. That's an achievement isn't it?

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
K
K
Definitely an achievement! Good for you!

M44 H46 T21 Married 16y
D14 D12
Bomb 12/08(EA), (PA/Separation)1/09 to 5/09
Home/MC 5/09 to 12/09
Leaves 12/09 Files for Divorce
Divorce final 6/30/10.

A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Quote:
Definitely an achievement! Good for you!

Thanks.

It was the right decision because he never even responded and I noticed that he deleted me from his favourites on the dating site within about half an hour of me sending the message

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Yesterday driving to work a very innocent feature about the birth of a baby came on the radio. It caused me to have a melt down.

I hadn't realised how much the imminent birth of XHs new daughter was affecting me. Now I am dreading the event itself even more. She is due on Christmas Day. Christmas has been a bad time for me and the children since he left given that he left at this time of year but now I'm not sure we will ever be happy again at Christmas.

I haven't gone to work today I just couldn't face it.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
L
L
Hello ACJ

I am sorry to hear the impact on you about your XH baby.

One of the major concerns when my H left from our children was what would happen if their were any other children. Luckily after 4 healthy children we decided it was enough so off to the Doctors he went!

Your children must be feeling it as well.

MLC causes such trauma to all concerned.

Thinking of you all as you go through this.

Alison, I am sorry you had a meltdown, they happen. It is how we handle them that matters.
Mini 2x4 very small one---staying home was not the best move, it only gives you more time to "think" don't let them / him take up anymore headspace. Are they worth making yourself miserable for,wasting a day?
You have your own children and they need you. I know you don't always see that but a mum is always special,even when we are not showing it to them.
Didn't you go away on holiday at Christmas one year?
Try to either make it totally different or as low key as possible if brings you down.
There are plenty of charities, soup kitchen that are crying out for volunteers on Christmas day, helping others is a great lift and you never know you just might have fun.

As for the baby,she is a totally innocent in all of this and who knows what her life will bring.
Come on Alison, I know you can get over this. Wishing you peace in your heart this Christmas time.

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard