Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33
NNP1965 #1879451 11/22/09 10:14 PM
T
T
Said a prayer, too. That can be scary stuff! How old is he?

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thank you all. GN is 7 years old going on 12. Three years ago when we were making Christmas cookies he decorated an angel with lines all over the middle. I asked him what that was and he responded - the digestive tract!
He is also my ride buddy when we go to amusement parks, and I take him with me to the stock car races so he can see his dad race. He's a great kid!
GN was released and is home now. They couldn't keep the IV in his vein anymore after moving it 3 times, so they sent home with oral antibiotics. His eye is at least open now, although still very puffy and a big red circle around it.

It boggles my mind how H and I are treated so differently by each of our families. I have not talked to my family about any of H's stuff, although they heard rumors and asked me. My family includes him in family emails, holidays, etc. just like no problems ever happened. H's family has no contact with me, no calls, no emails, no thank you's for the gifts I send, nothing. H had told them that he was leaving, and I don't know what else was said. Heck, I didn't even know he told them until a year later!

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
WCW #1881458 11/25/09 06:23 PM
K
K
Sorry, I am a tad late but sending my prayers out regardless. Do you remember reading in one of Michelle's books about expectations? She had been on a trip and knew her H was always a bit grumpy when he met her at the airport. She wondered if she could turn that around. She greeted him as if he was thrilled to meet her and lo and behold he was. We get in that rut and sometimes it takes just one small gesture to start to get us out.

Blessings hon and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
kat727 #1881705 11/25/09 11:08 PM
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks much kat. You gave me a good reminder to change things up from time to time instead of waiting for the tail to wag the dog.

I love this holiday the most of all, Thanksgiving. I hope anyone that reads this remembers to be thankful. It's easy to get overwhelmed and burdened with negatives instead of seeing what is good and right.

Keep your eyes on the horizon. Chin up. Heels down.

WCW #1881897 11/26/09 10:43 AM
P
P
Happy Thanksgiving. Keep the momentum up.

N
N
I hope you have a wonderful day WCW smile

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
NNP1965 #1883043 11/29/09 02:19 PM
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks PS and MsI. I hope you had an enjoyable day!

I'm feeling frustrated and overwhelmed thinking about the uphill climb to a better future. If I would have cut loose from H when this started I feel I would already be in a better future, at least for sure a different future! Yet I am still stuck butting my head against blocks that H puts in my path. UGH!

We can talk pretty easy about almost anything except us or debt. It was unexplainable timing that I had just asked H about ideas for better financial flow on the ranch and his phone rang. His phone was laying on the table and I saw the caller id - a first name only BUT intuition told me it was the guy that H was getting his secret hideway from a few years ago. I asked H if he owed him money - "I don't think so, I don't know! He wants me to help with a project."

Ok, so the bright side is he gave me at least part of an honest answer about who it was. I am pretty tempted to call the guy and find out the rest of the story.

Things with H have just been different in a good but yet weird way. He's home more in the evenings, and it's weird with him being here after being absent for years. Physically he will barely be near me and I wonder if I'm sending some signals he is misinterpreting.

I have suggested some things we should do to better the place and he actually said one of my ideas was good and agreed to the rest.

One foot in front of the other, slow and steady wins the race, blah blah blah. I want to hit turboboost!!!

WCW #1884069 11/30/09 11:38 PM
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
My kitchen catastrophy's -
I took some meat out of the freezer. For some reason I thought it was steak. Imagine my surprise to open the thawed package and discover it was a roast! I don't have time left to cook a freakin' roast!
Here is what NOT to do - do not put it in a kettle on the stove with water and try to 'boil' it. No matter how many times you check the water level it will boil away seconds after you know it's okay. Also, cutting the roast into smaller pieces does help it cook quicker but it also shrinks, and then when the water burns off it ends up looking like chunks of charcoal.

Spaghetti squash really does look like spaghetti. Easiest to cook in the shell. The sharp knife to cut it in half is sharp and will cut your finger.

When the carton of eggs fall off the counter they do break.

You need oil to saute some sweet potato slices and zuchini slices and realize you have no oil because it was used to give powder medication to the horse.

I should have just brought leftovers home from the Thanksgiving meal! wink

I would say my great cooking made H crabby and untalkative this weekend but he was already like that! Maybe because hunting sucked so bad this year. Who knows!

WCW #1884082 12/01/09 12:04 AM
T
T
LOL - sorry about all of your kitchen mishaps! I too have done the mystery meat thing, pulling out something from the freezer and after it thaws realizing it is not what I thought and having to figure out what to do with it last minute!

Hopefully your dinner dealings tonight are/were less eventful. smile

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
B
B
You still cook for your H? You sure are a good wife! smile

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard