Page 29 of 33 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
WCW #1875772 11/17/09 02:30 PM
F
F
grin!!!!!!

WCW #1876321 11/18/09 01:07 AM
J
J
Okay. But as a NON HORSE PERSON (the tail is in the rear - correct?) what titles did you win?

Oh, and by the way, I am thinking now of Mother Mare. I bet she is smiling too....

huggs

Jeff

Current Thread
Jeff223 #1876512 11/18/09 07:25 AM
B
B
Congratulations, WCW! Awwwwwsome! laugh

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
BeingMe #1877157 11/18/09 11:19 PM
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thank you all for the congrats!
This post is all about me and horses so you can skip to the next post if you're not interested.

I had set a goal for myself and mare. We've won a lot of local and area awards and yearly high point awards, but we've never won at a national level. There is a national association I joined about 2 years ago and this year I hooked up with a few friends and hit the road. This summer my mare and I have put on enough miles going to shows to cross the country 3 times.

There is levels of achievements, the first level is Register of Merit - ROM. At each show you get points in a class based on the number of entries and how many of them you place ahead of. After accumulating the required number of points you are awarded a ROM for each class in which you achieved enough points.

Going in to this last show of this year I was close in 3 classes to achieve a ROM. I was really hoping for my own 'triple crown' but I only managed 2 of the 3. The two that I got are Cutting and Reining (google it for more details, or of course I could explain it). The one I did not quite make was Trail. There are other classes too but I've got a ways to go in some of those. There are higher level awards that I can work towards too, so now I have to decide what's next. Keep going with this mare or start working on my next project? or both? or none? ......
Originally Posted By: Jeff223
Okay. But as a NON HORSE PERSON (the tail is in the rear - correct?) what titles did you win?

Oh, and by the way, I am thinking now of Mother Mare. I bet she is smiling too....

huggs
Oh Jeff, you just know don't you?! These tears I look thru as I read your post are bitter sweet. I still miss my dear Mother Mare, but her daughter and I are carrying on her legacy. Yes, I believe Mother Mare is kicking up her heels and neighing as she runs pain free thru green meadows to brag about her offspring.

I can talk a long time about horses....... wink

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
WCW #1877167 11/18/09 11:36 PM
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
As for H, he did seem genuinely interested in the show and the results. He wished me luck before I left, and he txtd during the show to find out what was going on before I even had my classes. After I blew one of them and txtd him that it wasn't going well he called me to find out details. It was nice to get at least some level of support from him via even just a phone call.

And, the lady I traveled with stayed on the couch the night before we left so H slept with me that night. The night I got back I didn't expect him home before I went to bed, habit I guess. I was surprised when he drove in early and then asked some questions. He also joined me in bed early the next morning after the dogs woke us up.

Here's my problem. I was tired and crabby when I got home to find things that had not been done that should have and no reason for H not to do it. I know it showed in my attitude. Do I try and explain it to H? apologize? or ignore issues like H does. duh gee, typing it out I guess I got my answer.

I am still ohso tired! There must be this ton of pressure and responsibility leaving my body after the show season ended and I feel so drained. tired

WCW #1878883 11/21/09 11:33 AM
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
It was dark and I was walking out the driveway when H drove in. He didn't stop, my PMA sunk. After he was parked he called out to me and asked if I was just going to get the mail or more than that. I said I was walking up to see the new field driveway and culvert that H put in that morning. H siad 'oh wait, I'll walk with you.' smile H and I and the dogs went for a nice walk, talked about livestock to sell and keeping this place financially above water, and other home based business matters. I didn't push for more talk about managing the whole debt, and H didn't clam up.

Then H helped me unload the snowblower that I won. grin

H is out hunting now, so I basically have the weekend to myself. I have to work on being a better W. I've been out of that mode for so long that I don't know how to react when I can be better. I don't even know how long we've been out of bread and milk, etc. Of course H could pick up those things to but I guess he considers it my job so he'll just be the silent sufferer. (like sleeping on the couch??) The freezer is full but that takes more planning for meals when I get caught off guard when H is around more and hungry. Is it still true the way to mans heart is thru his stomach? lol

Looking forward to more great weather so I don't have to use that new snowblower! wink

WCW #1878892 11/21/09 01:30 PM
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Quote:
You're often out of touch with your timekeeping instincts. There's nothing wrong with that, but it prevents a lot of good fortune from reaching you when it could. Begin paying more attention to the hunches or premonitions you've ignored, only to experience a bad outcome. When those sensations occur again, trust your gut. Your timing will improve, and your whole life will begin to operate more smoothly.
I took a timekeeping quiz. I guess it verifies the 'trust my gut' feeling! The problem is that DBing doesn't necessarily line up with going with my gut instinct. Sure gotta think about this some more.

WCW #1879403 11/22/09 08:34 PM
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
My great nephew survived H1N1 but now has Cellulitis (infection behind the eye) and is hospitalized on IV antibiotics. GN is improving but I know the power of prayer is amazing. If you're so inclined.... thanks.

WCW #1879416 11/22/09 09:03 PM
L
L
He's in my prayers.

Lotus #1879439 11/22/09 09:56 PM
N
N
mine too

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989