Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cat,

You sound good, He sounds sad.

I have found that the more healed I am, the more compassion I have for my X (and her husband).

I too am grateful for the DC group; found sooo much there to help me. (Still working on getting a group started at my church)

Three years ago this month, my X moved out. Three years ago a journey began that has been unbelievably rich in spite of the fact that the divorce has cost me everything.

By the way, God has been 100% faithful and He can handle our desires to be in a God centered relationship. (let’s look at this comment in about 4 years and see how it turned out).

Keeping you prayer.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
tnx friend, we've gained so much in our journey, I love my life, I love being closer to God and know that all will be ok no matter what.

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
It ain't easy but the journey can be filled with blessings. When it is darkest and facing an impossible situation, to see God come through in ways only He can, reassures us that we will be fine.

Going through my own trials at the moment but He is still on the throne. Send you a note in a minute or two

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
W
W
Cat,
I looked over the horizon and saw a luminescent bright orange glow. I had to investigate this "eastern lights phenomenon". I wasn't surprised that the warmth and glow was emanating from you. I am so proud of your progress! I don't kick down these cyber cobblestones much anymore but had to visit out of curiousity one of the "sanity sisters".
Quote:
he and I have nothing in common anymore, I dont' love him he long ago decided his love for me was non-existent... He has became a man I wouldn't have in a golden platter

I am sure you mean't on a golden platter but just the same I had to snicker a little with "IN". I suspect you might take him "In" a golden platter...he would be much safer to himself and others around him. grin

Quote:
...well, the thing is, he is getting married in Vegas, how the hell can he afford to fly there, stay there for prob a few days and NOT fix his car? liar, the same low liar he's always been...

I think Vegas is the perfect place for him to recondition some vows. I think just the stale smell of cheap cigars and whiskey should cement any sort of promises he might share.

Anyway Cat, You should also put those prayers into praise, not only to God but someone equally deserving.....YOU....peace

C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
whapu))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I've been looking high and low for you!!!! you tease! how can you show up without a little update on you?? how are you for goodness sake! what's going on? you are in my prayers and whatever is going on I pray is part of a plan in your life for good ...even if it doesn't look like it now.

I can't believe I missed your posts back in October.

Lol about the in/on platter, even in a golden platter I wouldnt' want him, ha ha.

Quote:
I think Vegas is the perfect place for him to recondition some vows. I think just the stale smell of cheap cigars and whiskey should cement any sort of promises he might share.

Only you could give that piece of news a perfect spin laugh

A big hug for you, praying to God that you have peace))))))))))))))

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
P
P
Hey Cat,
I was looking all over for you and finally found you. Sorry to hear that your H has messed up his life so much. But I am very happy to hear how healthy you sound. I know D is not easy and you're dealing with your kids and your H marring his whore, but you are handling it beautifully!

I hope you check in soon and let us know how you're making out.

Married 9 years
Kids 5 and 6
Bomb 2006
H back and forth for a year
M now back on track
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
wow! my thread is alive, lol, I am a mega lurker here now. Hugs to you ps)))))))) it's been so long! Well, I am now another casualty of the bad economy, was laid off late July, asides from the fact that I was loosing my bread/butter it hurt so much to say bye to my friends of 8 years. I cried so hard that day, lol, I told myself I wouldnt but the moment I went into each office to say bye I lost it. Was like a tiny D, loosing that familiarity and assurance I had everyday.

But God has been taking care of me. I got some severance and I found someone who is renting a room downstairs, so that helps a lot! There are not many jobs I can apply to, I am taking some classes online next week because 99% of the employers want web design experience and the core of my experience is printed media, I need to update my skills.

Kids doing great, I got to have them during the day for half the summer, so that was awesome. X is still X, I txt most times & try not to talk to him over the phone and in person, it has paid off, I dont' feel a thing when I see him, his, jeez, w still out of state so no drama as of now, but I do know there will be lots of incidents when she comes back on December with her 2 kids... I just pray hard for my children, they are my focus and I know it will be something else to get used to living with her kids, so I put them in God's hands daily.

Overall I'm doing great, I'm keeping busy, I don't get as melancholic as I used to, don't notice couples/families with sadness as I used to (ok, maybe 1%, he he) My family cleaned up my laundry room which x took over with his junk and never cleaned it when he left, if feels so good to see that area totally changed, freshly painted and none of his junk reminding me of him. I have a new life and I will make a conscious efford of enjoying what I do have everyday.

I will shut up now with this quote from a mom who's 2nd and 3rd sons where born with an extensive cranial/facial deformity "I do not have the pefect family I imagened I would have, but it is the perfect family I needed."

I've outgrowed him.

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
E
E
Cat,

I wondered how things were going with you. I am glad that you sound good, sorry about the job. Things will pick up for you. Good that the laundry room is back in order as are many things in your life ... coming along.

I just wanted you to know that I am proud of you and most thankful for all of the help that you offered to me during my darkest days. I read the books that you recommended and they did help me get past the pain.

As for me, I am moving along I guess as best I can. Had a court date in March 2009. That was supposed to be it but ex went Pro Se and then NEVER finalized the divorce! My attorney recommended that I wait for a while to see if he would do it. He still hasnt so, the attorney called and said ,"True to form, he didnt follow through so are you ready to ?" After a run in with ex this weekend, I am totally ready.

Will spare you the details and further "hijack" but suffice it to say, there have been many touch and goes, much more face time and he ended up sleeping at my house on Friday night and then promptly going to other woman's all day Saturday with my kids in tow... yup you read it right... it is way past the time for me to get off of this rollercoaster, gingerale and pepto cant even help. lol

Attorney and I have a date in two weeks and then it will finally be done.

God is awesome and I am so glad that He is near to you. Hugs.

I rarely come here but miss you much.

C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
ever))))))))) it's been so long! I'm glad the books helped you dear friend, there is still some road left to cover as the D is yet to be final, but I'm glad you've decided that you've had enough and there will be no more limbo.

I barely come in here as well, would love to keep in touch with you, I'm on facebook and on f t i o , well, haven't been there in ages but my info is there and I can post my email or something there to keep in touch. Blessings your way))))

An hr ago I went to see my d6 off to school from x's house, and what do I see right in front of the door? (he left it open, I did not go in) a wedding gown in a cover, obviously from his August wedding... I did feel a little weird... I was pretty sure they got married wearing cheap tank tops by Elvis, ha ha. According to his mom lots of money was wasted on that trip, I told her I didnt' want to know the details, I dont' want to care at all about his foolishness. When we went to Vegas in 06 we saw an outdoor wedding at a posh hotel, I guess that's were the $$ money went-- neither his nor her family attended.
It just struck me that my s11 hasn't mentioned it, he must know by now.

Ok, this has turn into a vent and I didnt' mean it that way, I"m mostly bothered because yesterday he wouldn't pay me -- the unemployed one -- back 10$ for medicine I got my son on HIS day with him, (since x has no car I had to drive my son from x's house to the dr). He still has no car but he was able to afford an expensive wedding...wait, he's an arse! ok, that explains it all, he he.

Ok, enough time wasted on him, you all have a great great day/week/life smile

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
E
E
Wow Cat,
It is amazing how they change, huh? Amazing that we are usually the last ones to realize that they have changed because we just keep hoping that what we see with our eyes is not what we feel in our hearts. I dont remember by f t i o password but i want to stay in touch with you. will you be on at all tomorrow?

Last edited by EverHopeful; 09/09/09 03:27 AM.
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard