Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27
T
OP Offline
T
Wow, can't believe it's been that long.

BF did a 180. I changed and so did he. I'm not putting up with the BS. He got a full time, steady job. We're paying off debt and things are going well.

My sister - ugh. She's coming over tonight and we (her mom, my dad, myself) are all sure she is going to #1 ask for money and #2 ask for her, the baby, her friend, her friend's baby and the possible baby-daddy to all move into my house. I'm preparing a speech since she can only call me or text me when she wants money, ride or babysitter; she has no job and no money.

My grandparents aren't doing well. My grandpa is in the hospital for the 2nd time in the past month. \:\( His tire shop is done, we are cleaning out for sale. My grandma cannot get around very well at all.

My dad and his fiancee both lost their temporary jobs. Dad got a new job at a place he loves \:\) His fiancee is doing ok with unemployment for now while she looks for something.

I took up a hobby/project of working on my family tree using a website called geni . It's great. I'm connected to 1,566 people at last count! It's fun and interesting and educational.

I'm also working with a friend on planning our 10 year high school reunion. We're having trouble finding a location. We don't have any sort of fund to pay for things, so we have to try to book a place and then send out invites and prices and collect money. We're looking at having it at our high school right now.

Since this is the divorce site and all I guess I could mention that XH set up a website for his church. It's very close to where my mom is, and she keeps joking about going for service one day. I just live with the peace of mind that I did all I could do in the marriage and I now have a life that I love that is going well.

I am feeling very good right now - I have a friend who is contemplating divorce, so I had 1 session left with a DB Coach that I put into her name. I hope it helps her.

Hope anyone reading this is well and healthy.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
W
W
That was so sweet of you to give your dbust session to a friend. You have such a kind heart. ;\)

T
OP Offline
T
Aw thanks.

How are you white? What's new with you? I tried to search for any posts about your life, but couldn't find anything.

For my friend, I just know it's a big struggle for her. Most recently she said that her and her H talked and he is going to try to improve things he does. I feel horrible knowing that there are 4 kids involved and knowing she quit her job to take care of them since child care costs were running so high.

Happy St. Patty's day \:\)

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
W
W
Hey TMW,

What's going on with me? Life is pretty good. I got the hang of this GAL thing, that's for sure. About every 3 months I have some new hobby, adventure or project I'm putting into the works.

I date, but I admit I am very sick of dating and very sick of being single. When i meet a guy where things click. They usually pursuit me and make me all sort of promises and act like they are falling in love until about 2 months and that's when they start treating me not as well and either dump me or try to have me on their back burner.

I have dated all different types of men with different occupations, backgrounds etc.

I don't know what more I can do. Any advice is greatly appreciated. ;\)

Whitelight

T
OP Offline
T
Sorry white, no dating advice but I will eventually be out there with you.
BF is no longer sleeping in my room. I've had enough (I know that many of you are saying FINALLY . Sorry I don't want to hear the love and support and rejoicing right now)

N
N
(((TMW)))

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
W
W
TMW,

How's the job and the other goals of the poetry and exercising.

If nothing else, I am an expert on GAL!!! LOL

T
OP Offline
T
Sorry I didn't respond. My grandmother had a stroke, we have to go and move her from one state back here to live with my mom. My great-grandmother has advanced alzheimer's. Work is going alright. BF is living in the basement. He says he wants to try - he can go ahead and try, I've got nothing left. Right now he's helping with bills, if nothing else.
My bday is coming up. that's the short of it.

W
W
TMW,

If I were you I would enter more sweepstakes. You win more than anyone I know! Isn't it time for a free vacation? Cruise? something?
wink lol

Keep on keeping on. wink

S
S
Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Get out and enjoy your life. You are young and you have a bright future. I just know it.

SF1

Page 5 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard