Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
K
K
Originally Posted By: kat727
Oh I forgot to say after I talked to B lawyer and my telling him how stressed I am, that Friday is the day. Have to spend as much of the money I have left in my checking account. The grocery store is going to LOVE me! \:\)

kat
Groceries are good-you could spend a lot just on milk nowadays. But how about lingerie or something fun for you also??? Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Since a lot of my clothes are older than my kids I did buy some new clothes. Since I haven't had "fun" in that area for over a year that isn't quite at the top of my list. Besides I want to lose some weight so I can fit better into the ones I have. ;\)

Just another thing on my positive goals list. I have to do some plumbing stuff this weekend so I might try to get the cartridge I need tomorrow. I have really come to hate shopping.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
V
V
F***er...and on a thread called All Grown Up no less!

It is quite possible no one is going to get a straight answer out of kids that are feeling conflicting emotions...Both of you need to be careful to not make your kids feel guilty about loving either of you.

W
W
Yeah, it kinda just came out...If I hadn't talked to Kat for over a year I wouldn't have said it...but I thought it, so I typed it.

View's right about the kiddos, but I know you know that.

Last edited by whatdidido; 04/02/09 12:59 PM.
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hey didi, you know I am a big girl and can handle it. Don't worry I am not going to cave especially when I saw how he just manipulated the situation to what he wanted. The word you said is sooo appropriate but I never thought that about him. About time.

Our "deal" is that he thinks that touchy subjects should be a piece of cake to handle when he never bothered to resolve anything. Annoyingly perhaps I am a "need to know" type of person and I have really struggled with this situation. I may never know and I have to be ok with that.

The kids have been moving through this. I have tried to be supportive without being intrusive. I have probably let them get away with a bit more than normal in some cases but I have also seen them reign themselves back in. We are all trying to find our way...by ourselves and as a rearranged family. The problem is the balancing act of ex intruding and yet trying to parent without being open and honest about his motives.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Y
Y
Kat,

Just catching up with you. I sent you a message and I will check back tonight or tomorrow. Sorry things are in a downslope for you. Try and keep a positive attitude. Take care and talk with you soon.

A warrior does not give up on what he loves, he finds the love in what he does

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1554666
K
K
Well, one thing I think is as your kids get older it's going to get easier every year. The kids can make their own choices when they're old enough.

I think if you're feeling upset & angry with your H, he's prob. doing stuff that you know in your heart is wrong, manipulative or whatever. B/c he knows you love the kids he thinks he can get away with it. I don't think you should though!!! Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Now don't be silly. Ex thinks with S16 being 16 1/2 he isn't old enough to decide for himself in this situation. He constantly is saying how he doesn't spend "his' time with the rest of the kids. It bothers him like a splinter you just can't reach.

D8 stepped on her glsses and bent the frames pretty badly. Ex will have to deal with it since I am kind of broke with it being "B" day. I am a little ansty but otherwise ok. Cross your fingers for me. \:\)

S16 starts his job tomorrow and I should also be getting my new coach!! Yeah me. Sorry I am trying to boost my morale here!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
K
Originally Posted By: kat727
D8 stepped on her glsses and bent the frames pretty badly. Ex will have to deal with it since I am kind of broke with it being "B" day. I am a little ansty but otherwise ok. Cross your fingers for me. \:\)

S16 starts his job tomorrow and I should also be getting my new coach!! Yeah me. Sorry I am trying to boost my morale here!

kat
What new coach? Am I forgetting something? Wish S16 good luck on his job!!! It should be fun, all high school students working there I bet.

D9 has eyeglasses from a place that will replace them free if they get damaged, just not lost. Maybe yours does that too? (We have hourglass here which are great). Of course, we're always losing them not breaking them!!!

Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I can't spell worth a darn today, trying really hard to stay focused. I am getting a new couch. My other one is like 18 years old or so. We got it right after we moved back here. My B Lawyer said I could use some of my refund for that. Getting a piece of his memory out of my constant sight!!

I had told ex to ask about the possibility of extra coverage for her glasses but I highly doubt that he did it. He doesn't think about stuff like that ever and probably wouldn't do it because I suggested it!

Oh and I also spent like $300 on groceries to stock up since I don't get paid again until next week. then I can save agan. Yippee!!
kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard