Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Kenn
sofaraway,

Some stories are worse than others. I can't express how much I feel your pain. That's unbelievable!

Kenn, all the stories here suck that is the bad part. The good part is that each of us is only given as much as we can handle. The problem is sometimes we forget that.....

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

S
OP Offline
S
Nope, not saying a word to her Tom. Just venting the frustration last night. Thanks for being around buddy.....

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

A
A
Ian,

This is my last week on night shift. Don't know that I'll be on as much in the next 9 weeks. I go on vacation to Florida Thursday. 11 days and I'm so ready. Tired of this frikin Winter. Where the hell is global warming already? Bring back the old muscle cars and promote/induce more cow belching/farting is what we need to do.

I'll call you when I'm down there. I want to hear how things have been going with you off the record.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
Hi Ian, long time no see. I am glad you are still hanging tough but I must admit I was hoping you would be doing better these days. Economic times are tough all over but I am sure you will find the strenght you need and eventually get back on your feet.

Me 45
WAW 46
Married 23yrs
D22
S18
D12
W moved out 1/12/07
Divorce Final 2/06/08
S
OP Offline
S
You fender, long time no hear buddy.... Look do not get my posts wrong. I am happy, for the most part and life has moved on for me. So all is good there. Glad you stopped by........

I withdrew Tawny from school and enrolled her in the home school program here in Memphis last Tuesday. She has been doing great with the new program. Exceeding her daily goals and getting all of her work done. Her attitude is improved as well. So far so good. She takes her first tests this Thursday so we shall see how good she has done with it all. This is a big relief for me, seeing her happy. I didn't realize just how much the school was dragging her down.

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

So glad this is working out for Tawny!

I have not forgotten the book I promised to send to you...I will be forwarding it soon...

Hugs,
Valentine

Aug '06: H moved out
July '08: H had a kid with the OW
May 12 '09: emancipation day

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

R
R
Are you homeschooling her, Ian? Its a big job...

I wonder what would happen to my S if he actually told his father what he thought of the girlfriend and his choices. I think he knows that X would probably pull what Carrie is doing, and make him choose, and he doesn't want to be put in that sitch. In order to have a relationship with his dad, he knows he has to keep it on a more superficial level, and vent to me.

I'm glad that T seems happier - she needs it! How are you doing?

S
OP Offline
S
Tawny is homeschooling. EDITED - ADVERTISING is NOT ALLOWED. You must comply with the DivorceBusting.com Board Rules if you would like to continue the privilege of posting here.
They offer three levels of home schooling. The first is actually attending their school, no thanks. The second is 100% parental home schooling, no thanks. The third, our choice, is a plan where she tests at their facility, but studies in the home environment. They have minimum page per day requirements and the core courses must be done each day.

Tawny can also get tutoring at their facility for anything she is struggling with. She has several friends that are also enrolled so she has peers to study with during the day.

I kind of like it because if she applies herself she can actually graduate early if she chooses to. The other benefit is that they have worked out a deal with some businesses in the area to hire 15 year olds part time to work. It is only 2-3 hours a day, but it gives them valuable experience as they get older and enter the real job market. Tawny is so excited about being able to make her own money, she thrives off of that.

I like that her and I get to sit together every day and go over her studies as well. It is actually easier for me to be involved with her school work because it is all right here in my home and I have to verify all of the pages each day. I am sure it is just the initial excitement of it, but Tawny is exceeding the daily required pages by about 50% right now. She is really gung ho about it.

Ian

Last edited by Tia; 04/04/09 08:51 AM.
R
R
That sounds like a great fit!!

Hello my friend...

A long time, for sure. You seem to be handling your daughter's
anger quite well...it will burn out in time...just let her deal
with it. As far as you - hold your head up high...in a little
while things will begin to change...this is your time to be
humble...it will pass. Worry about nothing...it's out of your
control...you are going through a new focus and sometimes it's
hard to see, but you are the survivor...

J

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard