Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Delil@h #1658381 11/25/08 05:02 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Ava,

Thanks for the encouragement. I AM going to work out today before the game!

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
5/13 - "Not sure I meant that"
G
G
Originally Posted By: CharlieBrown

One thing I have thought about is losing some weight. I believe part of the reason my wife is not as sexual as I would like her to be is that she would like to lose some weight, probably 15-20 pounds.
CB

I just read your first post in this thread. I think this is a big thing for my wife as well.

I've finally figured out that it doesn't matter how attractive I find her (I guess I don't count since I'm her husband) if she is uncomfortable with her body, that is the bottom line.

I've supported her over the years whenever SHE expressed desire to get in shape and lose some weight. I've bought equipment she wanted, I even supported her going to the gym after work (she works 3-11 mind you) with the girls she works with. Which basically meant I didn't get to see my wife at all on days I worked and she worked. That didn't last long.

She tells me she can't get motivated without someone to workout with. I've offered for us to try and join a gym etc, but she says it wouldn't work because of our different work schedules.

She even mentioned something the other day about BOTH of us going on Weightwatchers after the holidays. If she wants to, I have no problem doing it.

gcb1972 #1659131 11/26/08 02:23 PM
P
P
gcb1972, you sound very supportive of your wife. I think some people look to other people to motivate them. They get energy from other people. It's quite common, I think. Sounds like your wife is the same way and she relies on you for motivation. That's a need you supply. Good for you for doing that.

Me:39
H:40
S:9
D:7
First Bomb ONS:June 07
Second Bomb OW: March 08
Separated: March 08
M:15 yrs
T:18 yrs
H deep into A with OW
Achieved ACCEPTANCE May 30, 09

'Yes, I can.'
gcb1972 #1659510 11/26/08 08:28 PM
C
OP Offline
C
gcb,

This is a tough thing because if you try to hard to encourage her, you are telling her in your own way that you don't find her attractive, no matter what you say, but if you don't encourage, then she might not find the motivation she needs.

In my case, I have to work out for me, but it helps me to have a group to report to (I think WW would work for me as well). If my working out is an inducement to my wife, great, if not, at least I will feel better about myself.

My wife was laid off a month ago and has started going to the Y four days/week for classes and they really kick her butt. I noticed a couple days ago when she got out of the shower that she looked good and told her. I think that is all I can do from an encouragement standpoint.

CB

PS - Worked out yesterday.

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
Delil@h #1660619 11/28/08 06:08 PM
P
P
OMG Ava,

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you highjacked GF's thread. I missed you so badly, it hurt. Where is your thread????? What is the name of it???? Where is Silly Ole Bear. I desperately hope he's alright. Please stop by my thread once in awhile. I love you so much, girl!

Poet
P.S. Sorry for the highjack here, but I had to find Ava!

poet #1661235 11/29/08 09:57 PM
D
D
Your thread is locked Chica.
Start a new one already, even if you don't post much it gives people a place to say hi to you...
I thought a lot about you but you had no thread and then boom I just found you again,
I love you too and once again I am so happy for you.
I can 'feel' your happiness in your posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ava

Delil@h #1663200 12/02/08 03:23 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Ava,

Thanks for being my cold-weather inspiration. This morning, after hitting snooze three times and being super-warm in bed, I thought, I need to work out so I can keep up with Ava! I did (for the first time in a week) and it felt like it had been a year since the last one. Glad I did it.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

D
D
Originally Posted By: CharlieBrown
Ava,

Thanks for being my cold-weather inspiration. This morning, after hitting snooze three times and being super-warm in bed, I thought, I need to work out so I can keep up with Ava! I did (for the first time in a week) and it felt like it had been a year since the last one. Glad I did it.

CB

You are very welcome.
I know isn't like once you are there, you think?
This is actually nice.

I have decided to slow down a bit and also to be more realistic.
It is a Marathon not a sprint and I want this to be lifelong. And I want to look hot and firm not drawn out and tired. So I have tweaked it some.
I fit into a pair of pants today that just 2 weeks ago didnt close~
I havent lost anymore.
I am however getting smaller.
So that is good. Awesome in fact~
I got too sore one day~

but yes keep me for inspiration ... cause more snow is coming soon!~!~ YAY!~!~~
3-5 INCHES!!!!!!! Fun.

The best gift I think this can be, is that, on New Years Eve ...
You can say to yourself ,
I am already on my way to a healthier me this year!
And I gained *0* lbs over the holidays.

Oh and dont forget this one.
I read it is 80% nutrition and 10% exercise.
This is written by a fitness expert. ( I bought the book on Black Friday , the only thing I bought as a matter of fact!~!~ )
DUH?
I never thought about it like that.
You feed your body sometimes 3-5 times a day.
It is easier to put good stuff in and watch the calories than to try and burn off the bad choices.
I am now eating steel cut oatmeal, flax seed and honey for breakfast , and still smoothies too.... oh and no sugar.... that for me is hard only cause I loved baked sweets especially this time of year. Because I don't consume sugar otherwise.
I LOVE TO BAKE~!~
I told my son...
" I should sell my cookies .."
and he said
" MOM THAT SOUNDS GREAT AND YOU CAN GIVE ME HALF THE PROFITS !!"
So smart and so young... \:D
I will update tomorrow.
Good job Charlie...
Ava

Delil@h #1664199 12/03/08 12:10 PM
D
D

I am awake and I have energy.
hhhmmmmmmm? WEIRD~
I live on a corner lot and I have already shoveled. It snowed last nite and it looks beautiful.

And another side note. I made steel cut oats in my crock pot ( gift from a friend ) LAST NITE. I started them before I went to bed.
Nice and warm and looks wonderful. I hope they taste good too.
Have a fabulous day everyone!!!!
Ava

Delil@h #1682543 12/29/08 02:53 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Not sure how everyone else has been doing on this, but I have been doing really crappy and am officially getting back on the horse...

Worked out hard yesterday afternoon. Last night, didn't have any alcohol (was going to have an evening beer but didn't because of cals) and had only a yogurt in the evening (vs. ice cream normally).

Suspected I was up and confirmed it this morning on the scale when I weighed in at 219, my worst in a year. Time to stop being the human vacuum!

This morning had a small bowl of cereal and part of a banana.

I will now focus on getting back down to 205.

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard