Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks, John. I intend to use what's left of my days on this Earth being the best dad, son, sibling, and friend I can possibly be. There is SO much to do, and SO many to help out there, if you just open your eyes!

Puppy

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: Silver Fox
Thanks Puppy for your support on my thread. I've been meaning to post to you - so sorry for what you're going through.

I've learned so much from you and you seem like a really neat guy. Heck, I would even go out with you, but wait, I'm married, and that would be WRONG wouldn't it! \:D

Yeah, but think of the scandal . . . \:D ;\)

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: yenko69
Puppy,

Sorry to hear the turn of events in your life. You have helped so many people on here, me included. Thanks for all your advice. You are a great guy and will make a appreciative woman really happy someday. Take care of yourself and my prayers are with you.

Thanks, Yenko. It's always easier to give advice to others, than to apply it in our own sitches, isn't it???

I'm finding I can DO it (did the "GAL" thing last nite, and I'm acting loving yet not rescuing of the fetching Mrs. Puppy), but NOT LETTING IT GET TO YOU is the hard part.

Her current contentment is annoying me.

Puppy

H
H
Originally Posted By: sgctxok
Satin lips. Exfoliate....moisturize...kiss.

Some of my best Christmases were after my divorce, when I had no money to buy gifts for anyone, except a token gift for the kids.... there were about 4-5 lean years.

One year I only had $10 for each kid and that was the year I told them there was no Santa Claus. I'm an idiot. That year Santa showed up on Christmas eve. One family showed up with a tree, lots of gifts for me and each of the kids. My BF sent me gifts for the kids in the mail and wrapping paper so I could choose which for each kid.

Another year, the parish sent me $100.

Another year a family adopted us.

I never 'applied' for any of this.

The first year depressed me. The following years I trusted God and rejoiced with each gift. I also have SEVERAL car gift stories...I'll save that for Easter, because that's when THAT started.

It's humbling....because when we were married, we didn't want for anything.

And what I love about you, is you obey God.

I KNOW God put some things on the hearts of certain people in our path, who did not listen. Most of the gifts that were given to us were from folks who could not afford to give to us. And they did anyway.

TRUST IN HIM.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!!!!

Amen to that!

...and you know exactly what I mean! ;\)

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
C
C
I say Amen too!!

H
H
How's it waggin' today, Pup?

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
P
OP Offline
P
Things are busy, but okay. Trying to get ready for Christmas is always a huge task in our house, as there's so much cleaning to do, along with the last-minute shopping, baking, decorating (I finally got my outside lights up only yesterday!) and such. I'm just trying to enjoy my time with the boys, mixing in plenty of games of Uno and whiskey poker along with my chores. I took them to the golf practice green yesterday, where they really enjoy their putting and chipping contests with me, and I took S12 to the hardware store with me to buy some stuff I needed for the outside decorating, and we really had a great time.

My wife seems hell-bent on showing everyone how LITTLE help she needs, so whatever. I'm doing my share and then some, but not cleaning up after her the way I used to when she bakes. When my wife bakes, it looks like a cherry bomb went off inside of a flour bag!

Puppy

T
T
{{PDT}} Oh man..I love Uno..if only I was nearby..I'd totally try to kick your puppy tail in some cards!! \:\)

My husband always said that if I wasn't messy when I cooked he wouldn't know what to do LOL..but I always clean it up..LOL..

Glad you got your lights up without too much trouble and yummy baking, I should bake something! You made me want cookies, which isn't a very hard task obviously LOL \:\)

Tawnya

Me:39
H:40
D18/S12
M20/T21
Bomb 10/11/08
One
Two
Three
Four

H
H
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
Things are busy, but okay. Trying to get ready for Christmas is always a huge task in our house, as there's so much cleaning to do, along with the last-minute shopping, baking, decorating (I finally got my outside lights up only yesterday!) and such. I'm just trying to enjoy my time with the boys, mixing in plenty of games of Uno and whiskey poker along with my chores. I took them to the golf practice green yesterday, where they really enjoy their putting and chipping contests with me, and I took S12 to the hardware store with me to buy some stuff I needed for the outside decorating, and we really had a great time.

My wife seems hell-bent on showing everyone how LITTLE help she needs, so whatever. I'm doing my share and then some, but not cleaning up after her the way I used to when she bakes. When my wife bakes, it looks like a cherry bomb went off inside of a flour bag!

Puppy

Hey, it's all about the natural consequences of their behavior. Even if it's a floury messy kitchen!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
N
N
Greetings, oh precious chocolate lab puppy,

I have not chimed in yet about the change in your own circumstances. I do know that coming to the decision you two did was not at all easy. I know there is a great deal of pain. But please realize, as everyone else has already said, that your wit and your wisdom are greatly appreciated. We value your contributions here greatly and we would miss you were you to decide to take leave. To recuse yourself would be unfounded and senseless.

Anyway, let me wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard