Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Gyps,

We were separated when I was mobilized. Because of the Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act, a civil action can't be initiated against a mobilized Soldier until 90 days after de-mobilization, thankfully for those of us in a war zone. That's the LAST thing you need on your mind. I hoped that time and distance would have help, but all it di for her was seal the deal. As it turns out, she may have done me the biggest favor of my life, as evidenced by the last week of my life! Maybe I WAS married to the wrong person, but I NEVER would have walked away because of the kids.

Mattie,

It is absolutely electric. She has fallen for me in the same way that I have for her. She is an ER Nurse and is so pretty funny and smart, it's beyond belief. She's been deeply hurt too, so she gets that part. I really don't think I'm delusional.

M
M
Originally Posted By: FLTC
She's been deeply hurt too, so she gets that part. I really don't think I'm delusional.

I am truly happy for you, FLTC!!! It is wonderful to "hear" you sound happy!!! I think I was sending out a warning about your wife and how she might use this against you somehow; she seems devious. Don't mess up negotiations now because you want to divorce fast. Does that make sense???

H
H
Hello there FL! It was good to hear that your date went well. My oldest son surprised me and flew in from Hawaii to spend time with us this week, so I've been away. I've had a great surprise this week! It was my Christmas. I love my kids so much FL. Without them, my life would be so much less.

I'm certainly not a "fixer" by any means, because my life mirrors so many here. But I do want to caution you - take it or leave it. One date means just that. One date. I know how it feels to have another listen when you've been beating your head against the wall for months or years. It's great. I missed having morning coffe with my love for so long and talking about anything - work, kids, life.

I also know that a connection with someone else is something that does not happen every day. It's really rare. So with that in mind, keep that good connection going, make sure your kids know that it's them who are important to you, and make that fine balance that allows everything to happen. It's a hard thing to do because what we want has to be put on hold for what our kids need. This I know. I managed to find a person who understood that. He still does. So be careful, have fun, and make sure your kids are OK.

F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
D16 saw me texting my new woman this evening and asked if I was seeing someone. I took her out in the hall and said that I was, and told her who it was. She responded she couldn't be happier. She knows this woman's D16, and was friends with her a while ago. She knows the pain that I and the new woman went through. New woman was ecstatic it went so well,as was I. Stay tuned.

N
N
Quote:
I really don't think I'm delusional

I agree you are not delusional. I believe you are infatuated but enjoy it for what it is and in the future look at these salad days with a smile.

I've had a few good night kisses since the Clinton Administration however during Republican administrations they trailed off but you definitely have earned some fun.

This could influence future political choices.

"All I want is a weeks pay for a day's work"
Steve Martin

W
W
FLTC, it sounds wonderful but remember you're still hurting and you won't see things in any R the way they really are for awhile. Go slow, and remember that if she has been deeply hurt too there may be some demons in her past that could crop up. It is an amazing thing when you meet someone and you are both able to share your hurts and care for each other. But, just be careful, OK! You're still very fragile.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Thanks, all. Yep. It is infatuation, but it's going both ways, and I'll take it for what it's worth. We went to a party last night and had a great time. We both talked about being lonely for a very long time, and how we really had a chemistry for each other even when we were married. I'll keep you posted.

M
M
Feel better? (since you have a sick day today ;\) )

G
G
Hey FL...

Enjoy..
Revel..
Rejoice..

Just listen to your little voice within and
Pay attention to red flags.

Whoo hoo!

*hugs*

M
M
Wow. Sounds like a lot has happened this last week.

Glad that D16 is being understanding and seems happy.

Enjoy your sick day.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard