Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hello DBer's

The date went SENSATIONALLY!

This thing is proceeding 1000 miles an hour, and I'm more than fine with it. She told me that she had a crush on me for about 10 years, even when she was married (before her husband cheated on her!). Just like I felt, she described the first time I saw her in the gym as a showstopper. She said as soon as she heard I was back from Iraq, she hoped our paths would cross, because she knew I was getting divorced from STBX (Who?). When her ex-husband told her 3 years ago that STBX and I were getting divorced, she said she internally shouted YESS! I have also had a thing for her for years. She is a home run, and it's almost like I caught "Lightning in a Bottle". She told me she has never felt so connected to anyone, and I feel the same. I thought a lot about her in Iraq, but thought our paths would never cross, but they did by a case of some weird JUJU, in the gym a month ago. it should never have happened in a million years. I hadn't seen her in 4 years, and she had moved to another town with her daughters.

This is going to move forward. No doubt about it. It is hugely mutual. Here's the question. Only you and a couple of my other friends know about my dark period when I tried to check out. I am not bringing this up, ever, if I can help it. How the fu** should I handle this?

G
G
Originally Posted By: FLTC
I am not bringing this up, ever, if I can help it. How the fu** should I handle this?
I'd say after the first time she shares her PAP test results w/ you.
We all have chitt, babe. When the time is right (and that's not now) you will know. Peace.

F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Goldy

Home run! Awesome answer!

B
B
There may come a time when you will bring this up.But by then you will know her better and hopefully you will be close enough that you will be comfortable enough to tell her the truth.

But in the meantime take it slow and get to know her better.You will know when and if it is safe to tell her.

Later Friend
Briget

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
M
M
Glad you had fun, FLTC (sounds like "fun" might be putting it mildly!! ) . Actually I was afraid you had been kidnapped since it took a few days for you to start a new thread!!! My only caution.....watch what you say to the children. I wouldn't want them to say something to their MOTHER and have your STBXW use it against you somehow. (I know that seems a silly thing to say based on her own antics. However, I don't trust her and I don't even know her! )

You deserve happiness, FLTC!

Thank you for serving! I am grateful.

sg

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
G
G
Kudos on the great time, FLTC..

Here's the question. Only you and a couple of my other friends know about my dark period when I tried to check out. I am not bringing this up, ever, if I can help it. How the fu** should I handle this?

You don't have to do anything. If you're never going to bring it up, what's the problem?

For me it comes down to secrets and trust. If it's going to eat away at you, then consider what you need.

BUT.. this is the fun time, enjoy the moment. Just remember what your priorities are.

*hugs*

F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Thanks, guys. There are so many weird things that happened to get up together. She sold her house 20 minutes away on July 11, 9 days after I returned from Iraq, and moved back to the town where we both once lived. I joined a gym I had never gone to because D16 belonged to it, and I thought I would run there with her. Even though I corresponded with another woman in Iraq, that just never went everywhere. It was like dragging the Statue of Liberty around. I did all the pursuing, work, etc.

The new woman told me that when she heard I had returned from Iraq, she was first glad I was safe, and that she hoped we would somehow meet, although she didn't know how it would happen. She said she has been lonely for a long time, and has dated a few guys who weren't even tolerable, and stopped looking for anyone.
Then on a Wednesday afternoon, I looked up from a bench at the gym, and there she was! My heart stopped. We talked for an hour. I left and said, "I'll see you again". She just looked at me and said "Yeah..." I thought about her for 18 months on active duty, thinking she was out of reach, but always being enamoured by her being pretty, smart, funny and irreverent, ALL THE QUALITIES I LOVE. She told me the same things about me!!!! (not the pretty part)

We went out and it was electric. She said she had been guarded for 8 years, afraid of being hurt again, but her heart just melted when we went out. She told me that 3 years ago when her ex-husband told her STBX and I were divorcing, she secretly said "YESSSSS!" I told her I have a lot of faults, but not being fiercely loyal and faithful, were NOT among them....the "Heart of a Soldier". Believe it or not, I do live the Army Values. We're going to a party together on Saturday, and we are taking a "sick day!!!!" on Monday. We both agree kids first. I'm ecstatic! Thanks for your encouragement. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for wishing me happiness. We ALL deserve it after being dragged behind the truck of a devasated marriage.

M
M
Amazing! You sure sound happy!

G
G
Your divorce has been going on for three years???

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard