Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
WCW #1669965 12/10/08 12:47 AM
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Ah, it was a dumb question. We will be visiting D28 at Scott AFB and her in-laws in St. Louis, MO. I will check my email and see if you had the right one. I will ask Phoenix to give me yours if not. I did get onto Glenda's MySpace.

Just got back from writing my exams. Hoo boy!!!! I will take a bit of a break before going through my stuff for Thursday. The brain feels like mush. Bad enough that I feel like I'm running at 50% capacity with these drugs I'm taking. Ah well, life is a challenge, ain't it.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
G
G
Geez, I must have been gone during the "mod" hoopla. BeingMe did get in touch with me and I do hope she joins The Book and we get the same space to work in. Not sure how many pretty much novices there are. I know I'm one, so they may split the novices into the experienced groups. I make a lot of critique comments about the story ideas but I did not submit one.

I actually went all out, for me since the divorce, and put a small necklace of Christmas lights in my office. Other than that ... just not going there. Holidays are the worst. It was always a time of putting up the tree in the "main" family home with all the kids, grandkids, etc.

But, my mood is good. I think it is all the excitement about The Book! :-)

Hope you did well on your exams. I've actually been contemplating getting vested with the state and going back to college for a nursing degree. I've already got the science and math with my degree. I'd need clinicals, but I spent some time already as an EMT. And, then get advanced nurse practitioner. Had I known what was coming down the pike, I would have stuck with medicine to begin with. Then, I think I'm too darn old to want to go back to school again.

B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
One is never too old to go back to school, Glenda. \:\)

Well, the exam went okay. I'm a bit nervous. I did, however, get my final marks for Creative Writing (Short Stories) - A-!!!! I am well satisfied with that especially since most of the marks I lost were grammatic errors. My prof seemed to like my stories. Next, is English ... on Thursday.

I think I will be joining the Book (if they'll have me), Glenda. Just need to get the exams over, so I can look at the contract fully.

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Last exam is written for the year. YAHOO!!! or YEEHAA!!! I got an A for my English research project, so hope that keeps my marks up. Didn't do too well in the mid-terms since I was in the middle of all these seizures. I think I got a B- or something. If I get a B with all the craziness I've been experiencing, I'll be perfectly satisfied.

Now to plan our road trip to IL. Hope the weather is going to be kind to us on the way. We'll probably go via Seattle - Salt Lake City - Kansas City - St. Louis - Scott AFB. So, if any of y'all live in those areas, please tell me what the weather is like next weekend, please. \:\)

Otherwise, life is not too bad right now. Except I have a puppy that's whining. I have never trained a puppy in my life, and my H decides to buy this one that seems a little dumb with the housetraining. Ugh!!!

bye for now.

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
G
G
Congrats! I just heard from Pete that you have joined us on The Book project.

As far as the puppy, what type of puppy do you have? That's more just nosy than anything to do with training. I've house trained a lot and one thing I find works well is training me. Puppies seem to have very quick transiting of either food or water. So, until they were six months or older, I would give water and in about 15 minutes we would head outside, play for a few minutes, puppy does his/her business and I praise like crazy. With food, I would feed, wait about 20 minutes, take puppy outside and usually within about 10 minutes business is done. I praise puppy and we head back in.

Bad, bad habit of mine since my 6-year-old and 4-year-old German Shepherds still sleep in or near my bed -- with small puppies (6 to 12 weeks) I kept them close enough that their squirming at night would wake me up to take them outside. Every puppy I've had seemed to need bathroom relief at least once during the night and sometimes more, even when I didn't give any water after about 10 PM.

Good luck with that. Are you traveling with the puppy?

B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks Glenda. Been checking out the forum today. Exciting.

As for the puppy ... it's a cross shi tzhu/laso apso. Very cute, but dumb as can be. You should see him running through the snow, bounding up and down, ears flapping in the breeze, tongue hanging out. It's a sight to behold. His long hair is frozen when he gets inside to the warmth. Oy!

No, we will not be travelling with the puppy. S21 will be baby-sitting, thank goodness.

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
W
W
Have a great trip, Being Me! \:\)

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
WCW Offline
W
Puppy sounds very cute!

When do you travel? your whole route thru the midwest USA is not very good weather this week. Travel may not be much fun but enjoy your visit!

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
WCW #1675894 12/17/08 08:06 PM
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks Wii and WCW. I am nervous about the weather we're going to encounter. It is snowing right now, so I have no doubt it will be doing so further down through WA, ID, UT, and whatever other state we will be travelling through. My D28 says they had ice rain last week. So, I hope that will be gone by the time we arrive.

Steady as she goes is what we'll do. It's a pity I won't be able to drive 'cause H will be doing all of it. Yikes!

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
P
P
It's cold, but not that snowy yet. However there are some saying that it will snow. I guess we'll see. ID and UT, now that could be a different story.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard